Malaysia Flight MH17 shot down in Ukraine. 298 aboard. 7/17/2014 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think I would fly Malaysia airlines if i could avoid it. They just have a bad track record lately. No matter what the reasons. Its horrible. Who loses 2 planes in such a short time.

They should have been more like 30000 KM over a war zone.....not 10000 KM

Maybe that is where they should be looking for the other one..

From what we know, Malaysia isn't to be blamed at all for this, its all on the creeps who shot it down

I'm hearing the Russians. This is the kind of stuff that starts world wars. And I really hope the US can stay out of it.

Also, poor Malaysia. They are really having a time of it.

BBM : ME TOO !!!!!! Please let us stay out of it

Hmmm so another 777? Something isn't right here with this airline company. How do you have 2 crashes in 6 months of the same model airline? Now I will never fly overseas.

Considering the volume of international flights each day that are completed safely, you probably face more danger taking a drink of water.

They are saying type of missle would be radar guided, 8 to 10'L, both sides have them. The plane was flying at 33,000' per live link. They predict information will come soon with this area being heavily monitored via sattellite etc...

WARNING: Graphic Tweet

Reuters Top News (@Reuters) tweeted at 9:10am - 17 Jul 14:

#BREAKING: Reuters correspondent on the scene in Eastern Ukraine sees burning wreckage of air plane, bodies on ground (https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/489804267675713537)

:(

:rose:

:praying:

#PrayForMH17

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd say it's going to be really difficult for aircraft investigators to find out what happened here - I'm not sure the areas safe enough, or even if they'll be allowed to.

From what we know, Malaysia isn't to be blamed at all for this, its all on the creeps who shot it down

Agree, but there are normal precautions pilots should make flying over war zones. Like flying as high as you can (not 10 KM), and maybe even circling around the war zone since it is relatively small war zone area.

Its too early to tell right now if pilots flew out of protocol.

If this was a no fly zone, could this flight have inadvertently been diverted through this area due to weather? I was on a flight out of Philadelphia the other day and we were delayed and diverted because of weather. I could be completely wrong because as I type this what I'm hearing on my tv is very different.

My lord, shouldn't there be a different altitude for passenger airlines than military? Is it just inexperience of militants? Such a volatile area for this to go down, I hope the truth will be known for the families.

It is so very hard for me to wrap my head around this. Especially because it is fluid and we aren't positive of how the facts will play out.

It was in its normal flight path. The area isn't restricted for commercial aircraft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charity4668