Malaysia Flight MH17 shot down in Ukraine. 298 aboard. 7/17/2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This could have and should have happened days ago.

Putin Says Russia Will Do Everything Possible to End Ukraine Conflict

Statement Published in Early Hours of Monday Morning on Kremlin Website

Russia President Vladimir Putin promised his country would do everything possible to end the conflict in Ukraine, which has claimed the lives of the people aboard Malaysia Airlines Flight 17.

http://stream.wsj.com/story/malaysia-airlines-crash-in-ukraine/SS-2-581200/
Of course, now that 298 innocent lives have been lost. A little too late.

:(

MOO

I wonder if when these leaders get together on the telephone if they act all diplomatic and proper with each other, or if they just cut loose and let each other have it like business leaders do .. ? Regardless .. it doesn't sound hopeful to me, Putin is just going through the motions of pacifying the west by the looks.

Funny, CNN not reporting on this yet that I have seen.

Based on the tweets I've seen. CNN isn't "going live" until 10p ET.

Although, how hard could it be to pull in a feed / reporter from the CNN International Desk to cover any new developments as "BREAKING NEWS" until @DonLemonCNN's special live broadcast in less than 4.5h?

:confused:

:waitasec:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mods -- thank you for changing the title of this thread to more accurately describe the tragedy that occurred.

Emirates Calls for Airlines Summit on 'Outrageous' MH17 Attack - NBCNews.com

PARIS — The head of one of the world's largest airlines has called for an international meeting of carriers to agree a response to the downing of a Malaysian airliner, including a potential rethink of the threats posed by regional conflicts.

Tim Clark, president of Dubai's Emirates, the world's largest international airline by number of passengers, also said domestic regulators worldwide may decide to be more involved in giving their carriers guidance on where it is safe to fly.

"The international airline community needs to respond as an entity, saying this is absolutely not acceptable and outrageous, and that it won't tolerate being targeted in internecine regional conflicts that have nothing to do with airlines," Clark told Reuters in a telephone interview.

(snip)

He dismissed suggestions that airliners should be equipped with anti-missile devices, an idea previously aired when an Airbus A300 cargo plane was struck by a shoulder-launched missile after taking off from Baghdad in 2003.

via
http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/uk...irlines-summit-outrageous-mh17-attack-n160761

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two bits of interesting things I picked up today.

I was chatting on another board with a fellow I have come to know who lives in Slovakia and who shares my opinions of Putin and his government. He says it is general knowledge at least there that Putin has very deep ties with the Russian Mafia. He had been protected by them in exchange for favorable treatment. Also that Putin is indeed highly popular in Russia but.. this is very unstable popularity. If ordinary Russians start hurting from sanctions he will be quickly ousted. He has millions already stashed away in other countries.

Also he mentioned that the real villains at the crash area are not the locals. A lot of them also despise the Russian militia because they push the locals around. Many of them are not from the area or even Ukraine. He says that he believes a lot of the personal possessions that have already been taken were taken by locals in order to keep them out of the hands of the Militia. Some of this stuff may eventually be turned over to neutral official for return to the families. One can hope..

This checks out with the impressions I get from watching videos of locals, most of them seem shocked and concerned about the victims.
My internet is playing up badly the past few days so can't go searching...

There is a photo of Reagan in Red Square (i think its there anyway) doing a meet and greet and in the circle is a young Putin dressed up as if he is a tourist (camera round his neck and clothes akin to golf wear).
He is obviously high KGB even at that age.

Just for info if anyone wants to find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Double