Malaysia Flight MH17 shot down in Ukraine. 298 aboard. 7/17/2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tweet from (@BBCWorld's) @JamesChau:

A moment of quiet at #AIDS2014 for #MH17. With #Nobel laureate Françoise Barré-Sinoussi who co-discovered #HIV, and Sharon Lewin who is searching for a cure #AIDS #Melbourne #Australia at Melbourne, Australia

(Via Instagram)

http://t.co/xi3H1JptuA

ydujenyd.jpg

http://twitter.com/jameschau/status/491025620868939776

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is so incredibly heart breaking. I lost my 22 year old son due to an auto accident 10 years ago. His death was 3am Thursday an I was able to visit privately at the funeral home that Friday at 3pm. The 36 hour wait was interminable. I don't think I would survive what these people are going through!

:hug:

:(

— Rebels in eastern Ukraine took control Sunday of the bodies recovered from downed Malaysia Airlines Flight 17, U.
The key question of who controlled the collection of evidence at the sprawling crash site in rebel-held territory dominated the day's rapid-fire developments. International monitors say armed rebels have limited their access to the crash site and Ukrainian officials said armed rebels took the bodies away from their workers by force.

Donetsk rebel leader Alexander Borodai said the bodies recovered from the crash site would remain in four refrigerated train cars in the rebel-held town of Torez, 15 kilometers (9 miles) from the crash site, until the arrival of an international aviation delegation.
"The bodies will go nowhere until experts arrive
Borodai said he was expecting a team of 12 Malaysian experts and that he was disappointed at how long they had taken to arrive

Ukrainian government officials, meanwhile, prepared a disaster crisis center in the government-held city of Kharkiv, expecting to receive the bodies, but those hopes appeared delayed or even dashed Sunday.
Deputy prime minister Volodymyr Groysman said 192 bodies and eight body parts were loaded onto the railway cars.
By Sunday morning, AP journalists saw no bodies and no armed rebels at the crash site. Emergency workers were searching the sprawling fields only for body parts. Heavy machinery was seen moving plane debris around.
Europe, said some bodies have likely been incinerated without a trace.

<modsnip>

- See more at: http://www.onenewsnow.com/ap/world/rebels-take-full-control-of-plane-crash-bodies#.U8xmyrFA5xU

Please remember that each of the countries who lost citizens on this flight consider themselves as victims, too. Keeping that in mind, take any political agendas that you need to express down into the forum that was created for that purpose. Political remarks about any and all countries and their government policies do not belong here. This is a discussion about what happened to this flight and of those who were involved in the destruction of this aircraft and it's occupants.

Cripes. Not everything is terrorism. What a convenience.

May cool heads prevail, please! :please:

Wouldn't that be for insurance reasons. US insurance companies have a large market internationally. This would insure the families get their money. jmo

Wouldn't that be for insurance reasons. US insurance companies have a large market internationally. This would insure the families get their money. jmo

Confess that my knowledge of life insurance is sorely lacking lol. Mostly I know health ins and homeowners. :crazy: good question.

Just worry it could set a precedent for the future. Anytime someone/some country/some group does something we don like, it gets labelled terrorism, and opens up a whole new, looser set of rules on how we deal with them. :sigh:

Agree Gardenlady, it's not terrorism, I saw some early reporters rebuked for calling it such in the early days.

Cripes. Not everything is terrorism. What a convenience.

May cool heads prevail, please! :please:

I think shooting a missile at a plane carrying civilians, that poses no threat, an act of terrorism. This act was not an accident. Terrorism in itself is not composed only of the acts of Al Queada or similar groups. This was clearly an act of terrorism.

No, terrorism is deliberately aiming at certain symbolic targets for political gain, these guys likely thought they were hitting a Ukranian military target.

If they had known it was civilian and targeted it to escalate the conflict, or instil fear into the world and advance their message, then that would be terrorism.

Confess that my knowledge of life insurance is sorely lacking lol. Mostly I know health ins and homeowners. :crazy: good question.

Just worry it could set a precedent for the future. Anytime someone/some country/some group does something we don like, it gets labelled terrorism, and opens up a whole new, looser set of rules on how we deal with them. :sigh:

Well, I'm not sure either but since there were very few Americans on this flight it's possible the government wants to insure that proper payments are paid possibly under a terrorist rider. We have had some issues in America with terrorist so it would seem that insurance companies may be providing extra payouts in cases of death by a terrorist. For cause of death I'm not sure how else they would classify it other than an act of terrorism. This does not mean the rebels are terrorist just that the victims died from an act of terrorism. It was not an accident or did they die of natural causes. So it might fall under an act of terrorism which someone in power would have to declare so that the policies will pay out. Does that make sense? jmo

I'm starting to Love the daily mail.

video at link

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...litary-truck-carrying-BUK-M1-border-town.html

Is this the BUK missile launcher that shot down MH17 being smuggled back to Russia: Motorist captures military truck carrying BUK M1 in border town
I am also reading a lot of the updates from that site. They appear to be on top of all the news, and have fantastic photos. To answer the question in the article title, I would say "yes" it is.

MOO

Well, I'm not sure either but since there were very few Americans on this flight it's possible the government wants to insure that proper payments are paid possibly under a terrorist rider. We have had some issues in America with terrorist so it would seem that insurance companies may be providing extra payouts in cases of death by a terrorist. For cause of death I'm not sure how else they would classify it other than an act of terrorism. This does not mean the rebels are terrorist just that the victims died from an act of terrorism. It was not an accident or did they die of natural causes. So it might fall under an act of terrorism which someone in power would have to declare so that the policies will pay out. Does that make sense? jmo

I wonder if there is a difference in payment between act of war and act of terrorism.

NOT that I want to see this labelled an act of war any more than I want to see it labelled an act of terrorism.

I am two (strong) drinks in tonight though, so I am too lazy to google what the differences might mean.

If it had implications only for insurance purposes, I would not really mind. But as we know, since 9/11 the US has made diff rules about how we are allowed to deal with terrorists/combatants/soldiers. As I said earlier, I worry about what precedent it sets for the future.

If your post has disappeared it is because it does not belong in this thread. All political posts that have nothing to do with Flight MH17 will be removed. We have a large group of international posters. Please post respectfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nurse4home