Malaysia Flight MH17 shot down in Ukraine. 298 aboard. 7/17/2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://news.google.co.uk/nwshp?hl=en&tab=wn&ei=vvXMU5noHYeYPezPgJAG&ved=0CAsQqS4oCA

Apology from Sky News after a reporter goes through a passenger's luggage.

In a statement, Sky News said it was sorry for any offence caused.

“Today whilst presenting from the site of the MH17 air crash Colin Brazier reflected on the human tragedy of the event and showed audiences the content of one of the victims’ bags,” the broadcaster said in a statement.
advertisement

“Colin immediately recognised that this was inappropriate and said so on air. Both Colin and Sky News apologise profusely for any offence caused”.

Yesterday, I was listening to a heartrending report from a BBC reporter who could see a woman's diary laying on the floor, which charted all her travels, up to the flight. He wasn't rifling, he could just see it there, laying open on the field.

I was thinking of the rain and weather, and how if I was that woman's loved ones, I would so want that diary. I couldn't help wishing he picked it up and saved it. :(

They probably switched it off when the investigators left. The journalists were reporting last night (Aus time) that the rebels left the trains completely unattended after the investigators were gone.

That initial shelling report linked a page back said the line between Donetsk & Kiev was cut. I hope they can still get them out quickly into the hands of forensics teams & I hope we're deploying the teams they sent to Bali

I was watching 7:30 report and they had to sign off a live cross because of gunfire .. The interview with Ukraine president did not exactly inspire much faith in them either .. Basically he said 'we're still bombing but it's all their fault' come on here and see they were bombing train area in attempt to destabilize rebels. What a mess! Hope no more lives will be lost.

I think they must move very very fast now and get the bodies they can, out now. While they can. I think the situation may explode soon and all chances of retrieving any more bodies, or an investigation, will be lost. And maybe other lives.

396 live hostages were reported taken yesterday in eastern Ukraine.
http://un.ua/eng/article/522020.html

My respect for all observers and reporters who are braving this situation in an attempt to document what happened, and bring the victims home.

This is a really, really dangerous situation.

From the link I just posted 200 Russian troops have arrived by plane to the area .. Oh this is a disaster .. Perhaps we should get everyone out of there, all the people from Malaysia, the Netherlands, Australia etc have found themselves on the front line of a civil war today .. http://mobile.news.com.au/travel/tr...rebel-stronghold/story-fnizu68q-1226996517311

Yes, and Angus Houston is there now .. perhaps to help safeguard the humanitarian aid? Keep them in the relative safety of Kiev? :please:

I hope the media are taking care and watching out for their own selves too.

At Flight 17 crash site, foxes guard the hen house

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/malaysia-airlines-mh17-crash-scene-controlled-by-pro-russia-rebels/

The investigators said they had convinced the rebels to allow the train to leave Torez later Monday, and they were sealing the cars ahead of that departure.
Meanwhile, a Dutch military C-130 transport plane arrived Monday in the government-held city of Kharkiv carrying a much larger team of international investigators.

CBS Radio News' Cami McCormick said the team was believed to be comprised of 31 international experts; 23 Dutch, two Germans, two Americans, one Briton and three Australians.

The BBC video I linked upthread with the reporter being handed things - she's talking on BBC Radio 4 news now. Says she has 'never seen anything like' the crash scene. Says the documents handed to her yesterday by civilian volunteer belonged to an Indonesian and a Dutch passenger.

The crash scene itself is much more peaceful than where the train is, but she says 'every minute matters now' but there's probably not much chance of outside investigators being able to get there at this time.

A Dutch investigator said they hope the train can head west to a safer area today, but don't know where, don't know when.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/on-air

That statement came in the wake of comments by the United States on Sunday, presenting what it called "powerful" evidence that the rebels shot down the plane with a Russian surface-to-air missile.

"Russia is supporting these separatists. Russia is arming these separatists. Russia is training these separatists," Secretary of State John Kerry said on CNN's `State of the Union.'

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/0...ticism-over-plane-crash-as-more-bodies-found/

I also heard KLM and Malysian Air still hoping to 'facilitate' relatives travelling to Ukraine, if they wish to, and if it's possible!

No!

My understanding of this is that he was saying they have satellite images of at least 100 vehicles being moved in the UK. The piece "In" Russia was referring to a training center on the Russian side near the border.
So much muddying of the waters here. It really riles me.

Here is a piece by Robert Parry who broke many of the Iran-Contra stories in the 1980s for the Associated Press and Newsweek. His latest book, Neck Deep: The Disastrous Presidency of George W. Bush, was written with two of his sons, Sam and Nat. His two previous books are Secrecy & Privilege: The Rise of the Bush Dynasty from Watergate to Iraq and Lost History: Contras, Cocaine, the Press & 'Project Truth'.

** Link to article : read more **

Relying on the Ukraine Regime

Much of the rest of the known case against Russia comes from claims made by the Ukrainian regime, which emerged from the unconstitutional coup d’etat against elected President Viktor Yanukovych on Feb. 22. His overthrow followed months of mass protests, but the actual coup was spearheaded by neo-Nazi militias that overran government buildings and forced Yanukovych’s officials to flee.

In recognition of the key role played by the neo-Nazis, who are ideological descendants of Ukrainian militias that collaborated with the Nazi SS in World War II, the new regime gave these far-right nationalists control of several ministries, including the office of national security which is under the command of longtime neo-Nazi activist Andriy Parubiy.

It was this same Parubiy whom the Post writers turned to seeking more information condemning the eastern Ukrainian rebels and the Russians regarding the Malaysia Airlines catastrophe. Parubiy accused the rebels in the vicinity of the crash site of destroying evidence and conducting a cover-up, another theme that resonated through the MSM.

Without bothering to inform readers of Parubiy’s unsavory neo-Nazi background, the Post quoted him as a reliable witness declaring: “It will be hard to conduct a full investigation with some of the objects being taken away, but we will do our best.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nurse4home