Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The district police chief, Mohamad Nor Marzukee Besar, said the operation to find Nora Quoirin, involving more than 150 people, resumed on Tuesday morning, with a helicopter, sniffer dogs and villagers helping in an expanded search through the dense jungle. An earlier mission ending at 3am on Tuesday found no further clues.

“We also searched at night but so far, there are no new leads. The operation is ongoing,” he said, adding that further updates would be given at a news conference later.

Nora Quoirin: Malaysian police expand search for missing Briton, 15

Potentially stupid question, I'm not up on my knowledge of the area - do we know what sort of wildlife you'd expect to find in that part of the world, specifically in the jungle and rainforest surrounding or even in the land owned by the resort?

Well, they have Tigers and Leopards in Malaysia. Those are two dangerous ones I can think of. I don't know if they are anywhere near that area though.

Well, they have Tigers and Leopards in Malaysia. Those are two dangerous ones I can think of. I don't know if they are anywhere near that area though.

I don't think there's any dangerous animals within the resort area itself. A few people mention seeing monkeys close by to their houses whilst staying there in reviews on Trip Advisor. Some deer, lizards, spiders and the odd frog or toad seems common. Lots of leeches also, bleugh!

The search for a vulnerable 15-year-old girl from London who went missing in Malaysia during her family's "trip of a lifetime" holiday has been extended.

Nora Quoirin's parents woke on Sunday to find their daughter missing from her bedroom at the Dusun resort.

Malaysian police said they had expanded the operation beyond a seven-mile radius and were re-checking the grounds of the hotel.

Her disappearance is being treated as a missing persons case, not abduction.

However, the family believe Nora, who has special needs, would not have wandered off alone and consider it a "criminal matter".

Search for vulnerable holiday teen extended

I agree with posters who have mentioned that a timeline of events would be most helpful here...

Including drive from airport to destination...
dinner at the resort dining area, Perhaps?
Swim in the pool before bed? Perhaps?
Etc....
Etc...
Etc...

JMO

Yep, from a few reviews on TripAdvisor:

"Helen and family lives in the same compound and we were surprised by how hands-on everyone was! Including her husband (?) woke rose early in the morning to clear leaves off the Perling pool and took a dip alongside us. "

"The owners live on the property so they also uses the facilities. It felt more like a home stay."

Hmmmmmm....now I have even more questions.....

since the family is currently distraught... And wish for no communication at this time...

It would be interesting if perhaps her teachers from her school could be contacted for information on Nora's abilities/disabilities?

I noticed a school called St. Bernadette School sent hash tags of concern...

Perhaps this is Nora's school?

JMO

2 hours ago:

Search for missing Irish teen enters third day in Negri Sembilan

FW918963_NS13_050819_REMAJA_HILANG_BN201908057216-lpr.jpg

“The agencies involved include police, General Operations Force (PGA) Battalion 4 Semenyih, PGA Battalion 3 Senoi Praaq unit, Fire and Rescue Department, Civil Defence Force, Malaysian Volunteer Corps, State Forestry Department and Sapura, who are assisted by local villagers,” he said here today.

He said a press conference will be held at 4.30pm today at the Pantai police station to give an update on the SAR.

Search for missing Irish teen enters third day in Negri Sembilan | Malay Mail

Morning Ireland‏Verified account @morningireland

As the search continues in #Malaysia for missing Irish teenager Nóra Quoirin @sumishanaidu reports that police believe she is "still in the vicinity" of The Dusun Resort, 39 miles south of the capital Kuala Lumpur

EBRVCUpWkAAC0S3.png

Morning Ireland on Twitter

Sumisha Naidu reports that police "are still considering this a missing person's case" and "there is no reason to believe there was any foul play involved or that there was an abduction". The police say their examination shows the window was opened "from within the room"

"A man was swimming lengths in the beautiful pool next to the house. It was a bit strange as he kept staring at us sitting on the balcony when he was resting - this was beyond just glancing at us, he was openly staring. He then came out of the water and lay on one of the only 4 available loungers and soaked it as he did not lie on a towel. Which we thought was a bit inconsiderate. We went swimming in the pool and he never acknowledged or spoke to us.

It was only at breakfast the next morning that the gentleman introduced himself to us as the resident manager. This surprised us, as on the previously afternoon he only stared at us and made no attempt to welcome us or talk to us."

Also from Trip Advisor.
That^^^ is creepy.

My feelings are changing about this situation now. Was the resident manager a creeper that found a way to be alone with a teen girl that morning?

I want to play devil's advocate here - I know the family are insistent that Nora would not knowingly walk out but there is always a first time for everything. I know the question of Malaria tablets has been raised and again that is something to give thought to in regard to uncharacteristic behaviour.
And if they had only been there for a day or 2 would it not be to early for an abduction, would an abductor not spend some time checking things out, get the lie of the land, learn the family routine before hand...
I think it's more likely that she left of her own accord and some harm has come to her after she left.
If she was wandering I think she would have been spotted or found by now. IMO I think she has wandered and an opportunistic individual has taken advantage of her being lost.

I wonder if the whole family went into the reception area...

Or if only Dad or Mom went in to register while the rest of the family waited outside...

I am trying to figure out who the last person outside the family who saw Nora last?

JMO...

As the search continues in #Malaysia for missing Irish teenager Nóra Quoirin @sumishanaidu reports that police believe she is "still in the vicinity" of The Dusun Resort, 39 miles south of the capital Kuala Lumpur

EBRVCUpWkAAC0S3.png

Sumisha Naidu reports that police "are still considering this a missing person's case" and "there is no reason to believe there was any foul play involved or that there was an abduction". The police say their examination shows the window was opened "from within the room"

If someone was standing outside her window, holding a colourful parrot or a baby animal, would she open the window and go out to see?

since the family is currently distraught... And wish for no communication at this time...

It would be interesting if perhaps her teachers from her school could be contacted for information on Nora's abilities/disabilities?

I noticed a school called St. Bernadette School sent hash tags of concern...

Perhaps this is Nora's school?

JMO
If a teacher disclosed private medical information about a pupil they'd be sacked for it and quite rightly so.

We don't have to know the exact details, she is missing and considered very vulnerable and that's all we really need to know.
Someone blabbing an exact diagnosis isn't going to make her magically appear.

6 August 2019:

Troops scour the Malaysian jungle for missing Nora Quoirin: Helicopters and sniffer dogs join personnel combing 370 square miles in hunt for British 15-year-old with learning difficulties

• Over 160 people now searching the Seremban jungle in hopes of finding Nora
  • They have been joined by helicopter support and the police canine team
  • The local indigenous community are also helping in the search
  • More of the teen's family on way to Malaysia to help the search and rescue

16939280-0-image-a-11_1565074559129.jpg

16939260-0-image-a-12_1565074587863.jpg

16939300-0-image-a-13_1565074620863.jpg

16939340-0-image-a-15_1565074636941.jpg

16939278-0-image-a-20_1565074685753.jpg

Nora Quoirin: Troops scour Malaysian jungle for missing British 15-year-old | Daily Mail Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper