Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her facial expressions (or lack of) plus her hands being clenched or kinked in the pics really remind of some girls her age with cerebral palsy I know. I believe her parents in knowing that she would not just wander off. In all her pictures she has none of the facial expressions you expect of kids her age or most kids in general. I'm willing to bet there is no way in hell that child met a boy and left to meet him. I think they'd also know if in 15 years she was prone to exiting a room through a window to just go look at stuff.

I'm afraid she was taken. :/ And I'm afraid the police are only hearing "15 yo girl" and assuming something just totally different than what this child is capable of. And I think they are wasting time if they are just looking to see where she might have wandered off to.

Dotr posted that the Sora cottage has “1 bedroom with 1 double bed, 1 loft with 1 double and 1 single bed”, so it would seem the 3 kids would have been together in the loft, as our poster Alyce suggested.

That’s pretty bold of a kidnapper to take Nora with two others in the same room, if that’s what happened. How did the kidnapper do it so silently that neither the siblings nor parents heard anything?

Where are the bathrooms located? Maybe she got up to use the toilet and that’s when she was in a vulnerable part of the cottage and got taken.
MOO

The early news reports refer to Nora as being missing from "her room". Which suggested that she was alone in that room.

Now we know more about the layout of the resort and are assuming that she may have shared a room with siblings or parents.

But, that may be wrong. We don't know whether it was just the family or maybe a larger party that travelled, we don´t know if more than one lodging was involved.

Equally we don´t know the age of the siblings or whether they or a parent were present during the evening/night.

I think the clenched fists may be part of the disability especially if Nora is non verbal. But very important for the family to release the details of Nora´s disability so that search teams can appreciate the possibilities and technicalities of her disappearance and the means of finding her.

It sounds as though she may have a condition such as Rett Syndrome, being that she is non verbal and clenches her hands. Typically, Rett patients have chronic repetitive hand movements which we don't know if she has - we only have the one photo with her hands clenched.
JMO

Last edited:
Dotr posted that the Sora cottage has “1 bedroom with 1 double bed, 1 loft with 1 double and 1 single bed”, so it would seem the 3 kids would have been together in the loft, as our poster Alyce suggested.

That’s pretty bold of a kidnapper to take Nora with two others in the same room, if that’s what happened. How did the kidnapper do it so silently that neither the siblings nor parents heard anything?

Where are the bathrooms located? Maybe she got up to use the toilet and that’s when she was in a vulnerable part of the cottage and got taken.
MOO
I vaguely recall reading that in Sora House (based on a review blog post), there is a master bathroom in the downstairs bedroom and just at the foot of the stairs heading up to the loft bedroom is a room with a toilet. (If you google Sora House the dusun reviews there a few Wordpress blog reviews with more pictures and info on the layout of the house. Also there are fans etc in the loft room).

Also the reviewer said that the upper floor of Sora was warmer than the bottom floor, so again another explanation for the window. I’m also of the opinion now that I don’t find the window odd or unusual.

It seems like the siblings are younger. <modsnip - sleuthing family> Could it be that one of them in a semi-awake state seen her leave and that's why they told the police that she possibly went out the window? Judging from the pictures though, it seems a long drop down to the ground. Also, it would appear that this isn't her first time on a faraway holiday, so I doubt she was fazed by being in a strange place.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think a description of what she was last seen wearing would even help that much. She is a white girl missing in Asia and as a result would be very distinctive and noticeable already.

Clothes descriptions only help in certain scenarios. Had she gone missing in London for example a mention of clothes would help distinguish her from many other girls matching her description.

pencarian_1565060118.jpg

SEREMBAN: The search and rescue (SAR) operation to find the 15-year-old Irish girl who went missing from a resort here has entered its third day.

More than 160 personnel, comprising police, the Fire and Rescue Services Department, Civil Defence, Rela and the Forestry Department are despatched to comb the surrounding dense jungle and hilly terrain in the search for Nora Anne Quoirin, who has learning disabilities.

The operation started at 7.30am this morning with the search area expanded to 8.09 hectares.

State police chief Datuk Mohamad Mat Yusop yesterday said the operation today would also include a helicopter from the Police Air Unit to help find the missing teenager.

Nora arrived in Negri Sembilan with her parents and two other siblings on Saturday for a two-week holiday at a resort in Jalan Pantai, here.

She was reported missing on Sunday from The Dusun Resort where she and her family were staying during their holiday.

https://www.nst.com.my/news/nation/2019/08/510452/sar-nora-enters-third-day-search-area-expanded

I don't think a description of what she was last seen wearing would even help that much. She is a white girl missing in Asia and as a result would be very distinctive and noticeable already.

Clothes descriptions only help in certain scenarios. Had she gone missing in London for example a mention of clothes would help distinguish her from many other girls matching her description.

But it might give some clues on when she left or give more credit to the kidnapper theory. If they found the clothes she wore to bed in the house, it would appear she consciously decided to change and leave.

It would also give everyone an idea of how exposed she is to the elements or items to look for while searching.

Thanks for the information on the accommodation. Do we know if the resort itself was gated off or something? I seem to remember reading that somewhere but can't find it now so could be wrong. Just thinking it's pretty strange to not be able to secure the individual villas but an open style layout wouldn't perhaps be too concerning if the entire resort itself was secure, with a gate around it if that makes sense?

It would be useful if some details of the nature of her disabilities were released, if someone finds or thinks they see her it could help them have an idea of how best to communicate and not frighten/upset her. Also the clothing description would be good to know, in case her clothes are found :(

Potentially stupid question, I'm not up on my knowledge of the area - do we know what sort of wildlife you'd expect to find in that part of the world, specifically in the jungle and rainforest surrounding or even in the land owned by the resort?

Poor Nora, this all so sad and scary. Still hoping to hear something positive.

Interesting. Unless a potential abductor hiked through the forest one would assume by this information that an outsider would not be able to access the resort.So if there is an abductor they were already inside the resort? Or did actually get in through the forest/jungle if that's possible?

I am actually more inclined to think she wandered off and has gotten into trouble since at this point but of course I'm no expert.

Sorry just arguing with myself now - if she has wandered off how far can she actually get without being detected, you'd expect some sort of trace to be found by all the search and rescue teams by now. Hopefully soon. Otherwise I think my personal opinion would be looking a little closer to home for answers but that's just me. The fact that they'd only just arrived and the layout of the resort just make an unknown abductor seem less likely, but of course anythings possible.

Ah thanks for all this info Anne, it actually throws it open a bit to an abductor theory especially as it doesn't really sound that secure and there's mention of hostility between the resort and residents! (Edited to change 'locals' to 'residents', sorry not had coffee yet!)

I wish we had more information on a timeline. When the family arrived in country did they rent a car? Hire a taxi? Is there a shuttle to the resort? If there is a shuttle are there several stops along the way?

Did the family stop to buy groceries? Did they eat dinner in the house or in a common area of the resort? I’m curious if they had gone anywhere for any length of time where someone could have observed Nora? Is she non-verbal?

Looking through the pics on trip advisor of Sora house there are several fans. There are two mounted on the ceiling/wall of the loft area. There is a ceiling fan in the living room as well as a smaller mounted fan and a stand fan in that area as well. All of the fans going at night would have made noises harder to detect.

The trip advisor photos also show the window shutters in the loft area have some kind of boards in front, I’m unable to tell if they are removable. So many questions. Sorry for length.

There are 3 options...
1. Voluntarily walking out
2. Abduction
3. "Inside" job (I.e Mcanns IMO)

I will not speculate further on the 3rd option but if the parents are certain poor Nora wouldn't walk out and personally I cant see how someone could get a 15 year old girl of that size out of the window and then what? There couldn't be a waiting car and I'm assuming every possible area within the complex has been searched. I wonder who saw her last and when?

I'm guessing autism as her disability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member