Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder to what extent she is 'special needs.' Is she autistic, and perhaps attracted to that water?

Or is it something different?

Her sibling speculated she went out the window. That seems unusual. Was she known to do that previously?

I used to sneak out my bedroom window when I was 15, a few times...:oops:...was meeting my boyfriend down the street, where he lived.

Could she have met someone there, while on vacation? Do they have coordinated events with other guests? Tours and such?

I wonder to what extent she is 'special needs.' Is she autistic, and perhaps attracted to that water?

Her sibling speculated she went out the window. That seems unusual. Was she known to do that previously?

I used to sneak out my bedroom window when I was 15, a few times...:oops:...was meeting my boyfriend down the street, where he lived.

Could she have met someone there, while on vacation? Do they have coordinated events with other guests? Tours and such?
I may just be cognitive impairment in the form of a low IQ rather than any specific diagnosis. I was wondering the same last night and then figured if they could have been more specific they would have been, because it would help in the search to know her strengths and weaknesses.

I’m so worried for her and I feel really sad for her parents. I know they’re going through the worst thing imaginable for a parent.

Good point!

I also I would like to know.

1) Has she been on a foreign holiday before?
2) If yes, has she been to somewhere exotic before, flying a long time to get there?
3) Is she fond of routine?
4) Does she have no fear and no boundaries? (Ie will not be afraid of anything - I know someone with special needs just like that).
5) Is she the opposite to Q4 and afraid of anything/new things?
6) When she went to bed did her family know if the window was open or closed or wehther they discussed what to do if it was really hot?
7) Did she have access to bottled water? I've often arrived somewhere late and on that first night had hardly a thing to drink to quench my thirst (in a hot climate)
They haven't mentioned autism , I was presuming a global delay, my opinion.

I know our little family member who has Downs syndrome (aware this child has not) would happily walk off with
an animal she took a fancy to

So I'm thinking that it's possible she might be at a level of a 10-12 year old.
Her pictures are just not "normal". Meaning, an eye roll, or sticking tongue out or posing. They are just. No posing or smiling.
I do apologize if I'm being unkind. It's just my opinion.
So all this to say maybe she saw something outside that she liked, a cat, dog, bird? And decided to follow it. Maybe she is just lost and feeling afraid and just walking around, instead of staying put.

I'm thinking this might be more akin to some of the little ones who've gone wandering in woods and got lost. I hope she's found water and shade and the searchers will find her in time. If there are Orang Asli people who live there, they should be very good searchers and the environment won't be as intimidating for them as it might be for city people, because those forests are their home.

Search underway for 15-year-old Irish passport holder missing in Malaysia
"More than 160 people are now searching the nearby forest and villages aided by local Orang Asli people, who have knowledge of the terrain.

The teenager has just arrived in the resort on Saturday.

"Nora's parents and relatives in Ireland and France are distraught by her disappearance," Nora's aunt Aisling Agnew told the BBC.

"Nora is a child with special needs and has learning and developmental disabilities which make her especially vulnerable and we fear for her safety.

"Nora would not know how to get help and would never leave her family voluntarily.

"We now consider this a criminal matter."

I just don't recall a person's passport being reported on by all news outlets before. Perhaps I've just never noticed.

I honestly think it's only being mentioned to clarify why, despite Nora apparently living in London all her life, it's not the British authorities/British consulate being the 'intermediary' between the local police and people back 'home'.

Most times someone from Britain is missing abroad they're on a British passport, or from Ireland they're on an Irish passport, so it wouldn't be mentioned as everything would follow logically. In this case it's someone who lives in Britain but with Irish passport/nationality, and so it's the Irish consulate that would be the 'intermediary' (I can't think of a better word than that), so I think the media are just saying to explain why it's not the British government/foreign office who are liaising with Malaysian authorities.

I thought that too - unless the bedroom door was locked ?
I know the resort says there are no locks on the doors, but perhaps something had been arranged, to ensure NQ did not wander in the night ?
Therefore, when she was missing on the Sunday morning, the window would have been the only way out of the room ?

It would be good to know if she were sharing a room with a sibling, and their age. I find it odd that they would speculate to a police officer that she went out the window.

Additionally, one presumes it's rather warm over there so the window being open could be irrelevant. If there are no locks on the doors she could of just as easily gone out, either of her own accord or abducted that way, and shut the door behind.

I would expect that it would be quite difficult to abduct a teenager from a room with others sleeping in unless she was in some way compliant, but family have suggested she would not go off with someone unknown. Even if she did sleep alone, those cottages don't look very big and I expect it's very quiet at night. Such an awful situation I really feel for them and praying it ends in good news!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper