Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t understand this disconnect between LE & the family whether this is an abduction or not. I can’t recall another case where this has happened. Seems so odd to me.

I have my suspicions but not sure if appropriate to write on here. Put it this way the country relies heavily on tourism so an abduction is going to (potentially) affect that negatively.

Just my opinion of course.

Conflicting information regarding #NoraQuoirin investigation

Police in #Malaysia publicly saying "no indication of foul play"

However, a spokesperson for her family says they've been told by police the case is being treated as

"both missing person AND abduction" @VirginMediaNews

Zara King on Twitter

Deeply concerned to hear about the disappearance of my constituent Nóra Quoirin in Malaysia. I’ve been in contact with her family today and am doing all I can to ensure the @foreignoffice gives all possible assistance. /1

Chuka Umunna on Twitter

The Lucie Blackman Trust (@MissingAbroad) is also supporting the family and has provided a hotline and email address for information. People can remain anonymous and can call +448000988485 or email ops@lbtrust.org. /2

Chuka Umunna on Twitter

Local police covering up an abduction doesn't really seem plausible to me. For a start, how would someone get into a room and take a 15 year old and not wake others? I'm sure there are details that have not been released - but so far, police keeping the options open on what has actually happened does seem to make sense to me.

https://www.nst.com.my/news/nation/...arch-mounted-irish-girl-missing-near-seremban
WARGA_IRELAND_HILAN2e3fdqefdqwefrqrtw345tyyG_1564996552.jpg

Malaysian police said on Monday they have stepped up efforts to find a 15-year-old Irish girl who went missing from a resort near Kuala Lumpur on the weekend. -- Photo courtesy of PDRM

Am going to be the person who asks the dumb question - but

I don't understand the comment re not knowing whether the bedroom window had been opened internally or externally ?
Surely bedroom windows open from inside ? If the window had somehow been opened from outside, would this not be obvious - as in the window had to be forced open ?

VIDEO.
Nora Quoirin: Malaysian police give statement on missing Brit | Videos | Express.co.uk

Missing Irish teen: police dismiss kidnap claim
Last update: 06/08/2019
"NILAI, Aug 5 (Bernama) -- Police have dismissed claims by foreign media that Irish teenager Nora Anne Quoirin who went missing from The Dusun Rainforest Resort here early yesterday morning had been kidnapped.

Negeri Sembilan police chief Datuk Mohamad Mat Yusop said no criminal element had been detected to date so the case was still being classified as a missing person case.

"We also believe that the victim is still somewhere in the area hence why our assets such as General Operations Force, helicopter, Fire and Rescue, Civil Defence Force and People's Volunteer Corps (Rela) are focused here," he told a media conference here today.

He urged the public not to exaggerate in spreading information about the case.

"If they do have authentic information, use the proper channel and don't spread it indiscriminately as the foreign media may unwittingly pick and use it.

"We can take action against them for spreading false information," he warned.

Mohamad said the search and rescue operation at the resort was still continuing.

"Tomorrow, we expect to increase our personnel and search the area that we had covered this morning as well as the expanse below towards the beach," he said."

Just from a quick look at the resort - trying to work out which house the family are staying in

Lanai, Berembu, Tembusu - only have one double bed

Perling has two units, each with a double bed

Emas and Sora both have one double bed, plus one double and one single bed in the loft

So, with 3 children, the likely house would be Emas or Sora - but how would NQ disappear from loft level ?
she would either be sharing the double bed with a sibling or in the single bed next to her siblings ?

VIDEO.
Nora Quoirin: Malaysian police give statement on missing Brit | Videos | Express.co.uk

Last update: 06/08/2019
"NILAI, Aug 5 (Bernama) -- Police have dismissed claims by foreign media that Irish teenager Nora Anne Quoirin who went missing from The Dusun Rainforest Resort here early yesterday morning had been kidnapped.

Negeri Sembilan police chief Datuk Mohamad Mat Yusop said no criminal element had been detected to date so the case was still being classified as a missing person case.

"We also believe that the victim is still somewhere in the area hence why our assets such as General Operations Force, helicopter, Fire and Rescue, Civil Defence Force and People's Volunteer Corps (Rela) are focused here," he told a media conference here today.

He urged the public not to exaggerate in spreading information about the case.

"If they do have authentic information, use the proper channel and don't spread it indiscriminately as the foreign media may unwittingly pick and use it.

"We can take action against them for spreading false information," he warned.

Mohamad said the search and rescue operation at the resort was still continuing.

"Tomorrow, we expect to increase our personnel and search the area that we had covered this morning as well as the expanse below towards the beach," he said."
So if she wasn't kidnapped, what is left on the table?

Voluntarily missing? Where would a 15 yr old girl go on a nature preserve? That doesn't make any sense, unless maybe she was lured somewhere by someone.

Does she have a history of wandering, or taking off alone?

Just from a quick look at the resort - trying to work out which house the family are staying in

Lanai, Berembu, Tembusu - only have one double bed

Perling has two units, each with a double bed

Emas and Sora both have one double bed, plus one double and one single bed in the loft

So, with 3 children, the likely house would be Emas or Sora - but how would NQ disappear from loft level ?
she would either be sharing the double bed with a sibling or in the single bed next to her siblings ?
Thx for this, was getting confused trying to work out the house situation myself. I was leaning more towards Emas but I have lots of questions. Trying to look at the windows in pictures too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper