Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a heartbreaking case. This poor family. It sounds to me like the family saying it’s an abduction is them being certain it has to be because of Nora’s condition. What I mean is in their view, since Nora would “never run off” the only remaining option is an abduction.

Contrast that with Malaysian police who seem to be indicating that while they don’t have evidence it is an abduction yet, they can’t prove that it isn’t either. If I had to lay money, it would be on abduction but that’s a literal guess at this point.

Regardless hope their nightmare can end very soon. :(

I may be wrong...

but it looks like the Malaysian LE are considering Nora's disappearance as a "Missing Persons" case...

But LE from UK, Ireland, etc. are considering it a case of abduction.

Perhaps there are different qualifications in the differing countries which leads to differing "labels"?

However, Malaysian Police insist Nora’s disappearance is not being treated as criminal at this stage. Police Chief Che Zakaria Othman told the Malay Mail: “The case is still classified as missing persons. Not abduction.”

A spokesperson from the Lucie Blackman Trust told the Daily Mirror that the Quoirins were seeking clarification.

They had “directly asked police whether they were treating it as an abduction or a missing persons case [and] were told quite clearly police were treating it as both”, said the spokesperson, who added: “The family strongly believe criminal activity is involved.”

What happened to Nora Quoirin?

What an odd case so far. I really don't like the back and forth of missing person/abduction.

Local LE perhaps not wanting bad press?

Local LE perhaps have a line of enquiry that excludes abduction?

It all feels quite an odd scenario. Sleep walking perhaps? If abduction, would parents not have been alerted by noise if she had been taken?

I may be wrong...

but it looks like the Malaysian LE are considering Nora's disappearance as a "Missing Persons" case...

But LE from UK, Ireland, etc. are considering it a case of abduction.

Perhaps there are different qualifications in the differing countries which leads to differing "labels"?

I don't think L.E. from UK would consider it an abduction. I think this is a case of the family insisting her leaving by herself would be 'out of character'...whereas the police have to go by the evidence.

It sounds to me like the aunt and parents are convinced she wouldn't leave by herself because of her learning disabilities. It's possible with her being 15 she still is thinking like a teenager and maybe the family don't really want to accept she's nearly an adult?

Nora Quoirin: Malaysia jungle search for holiday teen

The Malaysian police said they had been searching the area immediately around the resort with dogs.

Teams led by local Orang Asli people, who have knowledge of the terrain, have also been searching the jungle in a neighbouring national park.

E67F1863-933B-44F4-A0BF-BB420A9D72A3.jpeg

4,000-acre forest

According to its website , the Dusun is a 12-acre orchard resort in the foothills of the Titiwangsa mountains and sits next to the 4,000-acre Berembun Forest Reserve.

It has a maximum capacity of 20 adults split across seven houses.

The resort's "nearest neighbours" are two Temuan villages where most of its staff are from.

Jungle search for vulnerable holiday teen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members