Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else think of the Mccann's when they read 'empty room, open window'?

How remote is this resort? I guess investigating the other people staying at the resort would be the first line of inquiry...

Let's hope she's just wandered off somewhere and found safe pretty soon.

Anyone else think of the Mccann's when they read 'empty room, open window'?

How remote is this resort? I guess investigating the other people staying at the resort would be the first line of inquiry...

Let's hope she's just wandered off somewhere and found safe pretty soon.

The Dusun is an 12 acre orchard resort close to Kuala Lumpur and its airports, although it feels like miles from anywhere. To be precise, it is only 1 hour 15 minutes south of Kuala Lumpur, 1 hour from the Kuala Lumpur International Airports and Low Cost Terminal (KLIA and LCCT) and 30 minutes east of Seremban, the capital of Negeri Sembilan.

Illustration_StateMap_130725.jpg

The Dusun is 800 feet above sea level in the foothills of the Titiwangsa Main Range, so expect cool nights. Next door is the Berembun Forest Reserve, 4,000 acres of protected virgin forest rising to 3,900 feet.

There are also some villages near by
Retreat close to Kuala Lumpur

Reading some of the middling reviews of the place on TripAdvisor to try and get a better feel of the place. Some complaints about the openness of the house near to the forest with no way to close it at night. Another one also stating they couldn't lock their room. From what I can tell:

Some of the 'homes' are built with the idea of outdoor sleeping in mind/letting nature indoors.

There is no staff on after 7pm, although the family who own the resort live there.

Mobile/cell coverage can be spotty.

I'm sure it's lovely but I wouldn't feel safe staying somewhere so open. I really hope she is found soon!!

Our small team have been working throughout the night dealing with messages, information, reports and supporting Nora Quoirin's family.

We are doing our best to sort through and verify all the information we are getting but all information we are putting out has come directly from Nora's family. Contrary to several reports that police are NOT treating Nora's disappearance as an abduction, the family have been told directly by police that they are treating it as both an abduction and missing persons case.

If you have contacted us, please bear with us for a response as we are obviously having to prioritise. Thank you for your patience.

Lucie Blackman Trust

Negri police: Vanished Irish teen a missing persons case, not abduction
Published 1 hour ago on 05 August 2019

BY SOO WERN JUN

BE1D792C-D43A-4206-B47F-282654357226.jpeg

“The case is still classified as missing persons. Not abduction,” Deputy Negri Sembilan police chief Senior Assistant Commissioner Che Zakaria Othman told Malay Mail when contacted today.

He confirmed receiving a phone call from London this morning, but said the transmission was unclear as he was in the jungle.

He did not elaborate on the caller or the discussion.

However, London-based charity group The Lucie Blackman Trust, which helps provide crisis support group for overseas Britons, issued a statement earlier today claiming local police are investigating Quoirin’s disappearance as an abduction.

Negri Sembilan police have expanded the search for Quoirin after a lapse of 24 hours.

Negri police: Vanished Irish teen a missing persons case, not abduction | Malay Mail

“The SAR operation now involves all police division, Fire and Rescue Services Department, Civil Defence, Rela and Forestry Department personnel.

“Apart from these, locals including the indigenous community in the vicinity are also roped in to help.

“A platoon from the General Operations Force (GOF) based in Cheras is on its way here, increasing the search party to 159 members,” he told reporters at the Pantai Police Station in Seremban today.

Malay Mail was able to get a recording of the press conference.

Negri police: Vanished Irish teen a missing persons case, not abduction | Malay Mail

Che Zakaria said the search area has also been widened from an initial area coverage of 4.9-hectares surrounding The Dusun in Pantai Hills, to the state forests and residential neighbourhoods.

“Teams from the Forestry Department and Orang Asli will focus on the forest areas while the rest will focus on residential areas and other areas in Pantai,” he said.

He said closed circuit cameras in the resort were limited to its reception area.

He added that Quoirin’s belongings and passport are intact and with her family.

“Local resident Mat Sah Jang, 40, admitted that he was shocked to learn about Nora's disappearance.

“I have been living here since I was little and not once have I heard anyone being attacked by any wildlife.

“I do not think the missing teenager has gone very far. I believe she is still in the vicinity of the resort as it is a gated area,” said Mat Sah, who also helped in the search operation.”

https://www.nst.com.my/news/nation/2019/08/510245/search-still-missing-15-year-old-irish-girl

Ugg....just making my way thru this thread to catch up. I have a terrible feeling of dread washing over me as I read each new article and watch videos. I share everyone else’s fears for Nora. I pray she is safe but I don’t think she is as she is so vulnerable.....someone was watching.

ETA: I wonder if she really did wonder off, but that doesn’t seem to be her character. And would she know how to open the window in order to leave? It’s all so troubling.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member