Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugg....just making my way thru this thread to catch up. I have a terrible feeling of dread washing over me as I read each new article and watch videos. I share everyone else’s fears for Nora. I pray she is safe but I don’t think she is as she is so vulnerable.....someone was watching.

ETA: I wonder if she really did wonder off, but that doesn’t seem to be her character. And would she know how to open the window in order to leave? It’s all so troubling.

But, if Nora's used to living in a built-up area, this resort might seem so different that maybe away from roads and houses, she just wanted to explore it and didn't feel the same sense of fear that she might in a place with busy roads? Maybe it seemed to her like one big garden that would be safe to explore?

Have her special needs been explained? Is she verbal?
And, did anyone at the resort, besides her family, see her?

Nora Quoirin's family believe 'vulnerable' Brit girl, 15, WAS snatched from Malaysia hotel room but cops insist case is 'not abduction'

From within this article:

"Speaking from Belfast, the girl's aunt Aisling Agnew said: "Nora is a child with special needs and has learning and developmental disabilities which make her especially vulnerable and we fear for her safety."

Nora Quoirin's family believe 'vulnerable' Brit girl, 15, WAS snatched from Malaysia hotel room but cops insist case is 'not abduction'

From within this article:

"Speaking from Belfast, the girl's aunt Aisling Agnew said: "Nora is a child with special needs and has learning and developmental disabilities which make her especially vulnerable and we fear for her safety."
The tone of the quotes from the family seem to reinforce the point that the family has no hard evidence to prove Nora was abducted, just their gut feel that someone with her condition wasn't capable of running off on her own. They know her better than anyone so I understand their assumption but at this point it appears to be just that.

I think after that, the media as they are prone to, ran with that as a headline because it looks more sensational. "FAMILY SAYS GIRL ABDUCTED BUT POLICE SAY NO" is a lot more click-inducing than "GIRL MISSING - NO LEADS YET". The former makes it seem like there is this conflict between the two entities and/or the Malaysian police are dragging their feet or being incompetent.

The only thing that should be of prime importance now is finding NQ but we all know that's not how the news media works in today's society.

I don't think the police here or in Ireland would call this situation an abduction yet. They'd certainly say it was a line of enquiry but until there is some actual evidence of abduction they can't say for certain.

I think it's very likely she was taken but the abduction-not abduction confusion is probably a communication issue/language barrier.

The problem about these "paradise " dream holidays is they might turn into a total nightmare.

Crime in Malaysia - Wikipedia

Just my opinion, Due to jet lag she may have been awake very early. Would she have been taking Anti Malaria stuff ?

Good point!

I also I would like to know.

1) Has she been on a foreign holiday before?
2) If yes, has she been to somewhere exotic before, flying a long time to get there?
3) Is she fond of routine?
4) Does she have no fear and no boundaries? (Ie will not be afraid of anything - I know someone with special needs just like that).
5) Is she the opposite to Q4 and afraid of anything/new things?
6) When she went to bed did her family know if the window was open or closed or wehther they discussed what to do if it was really hot?
7) Did she have access to bottled water? I've often arrived somewhere late and on that first night had hardly a thing to drink to quench my thirst (in a hot climate)

“This is the first case of missing person at this resort because if you heard the case of missing trekker in Gunung Berembun, it’s normal,” Kampung Kolam Air Pantai Tok Batin (village head) Ali Ngongor, told Bernama here today.

What does this mean? What is "normal"? Did something get lost in translation?

It has been mentioned in many articles that the window was open, implying between the lines that someone entered through it and took her. But what about the door? Was it locked? Could she have just walked out through the door?

My gut feeling is she left by herself and got lost. Is there water nearby?

Would she respond if she heard searchers calling for her?

In comparison, the bedrooms from Sora House:

sora-02-920x390.jpg

sora-03-920x390.jpg

View from the other side showing single bed: The Sora House second floor - Picture of The Dusun, Seremban - TripAdvisor
Do we know if they were staying on the 2nd floor? Or is it one entire house you hire?

Local police chief Datuk Mohamad Mat Yusop said information from one of the girl’s two siblings suggested no crime had taken place.

He said: “A search of the girl’s room at the resort did not turn up any evidence of a criminal element in her disappearance.

“The victim’s sister noticed that one of the windows in the room was opened on the morning she went missing, and believes Nora had gone out the window herself.

Cops in Malaysia say missing Irish teen Nora Quoirin left holiday resort bedroom of her own free will

Do we know if they were staying on the 2nd floor? Or is it one entire house you hire?
I believe it's one entire house you hire.

Also one thing I noted throughout the Dusun website is it's stressed that guests aren't to be over the limits they've set.

Can I add extra mattresses and have more people if I pay extra?
Our concept promises space, privacy and peace. This is something guests will not enjoy if houses are filled over capacity. Maximum numbers are non-negotiable for everyone’s comfort.

Can I come just to see the place, not stay the night?
We want to protect the privacy of our guests and ourselves. We have limited parking and we try not to crowd the facilities. The Dusun is the private residence of the owners. Only those with prior bookings may enter this property.

(bbm)

7) Did she have access to bottled water? I've often arrived somewhere late and on that first night had hardly a thing to drink to quench my thirst (in a hot climate)

Great question. The weather looks very hot during the day there, highs of 33c. If she is somehow out in the jungle and doesn't have access to water she wouldn't last long at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper