Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is an isolated place, I believe you need to drive out to it, village nearby but a distance on foot

So an abductor.... would be on site ( staff or guest) unless tipped off by staff and abductor travelled up to house to abduct Nóra.

There’s no ‘passing traffic’

I've just had a drive out on Streetview, you can't get right to Dusun but the road up there is pretty isolated, single track and ultimately a dead end. There are, however, several other eco type resorts of varying sizes beyond Dusun, so there may well have been people driving past on the way to work or heading out for the day.

I’m finding recent posts to be rather far fetched. Nothing can be ruled out, of course, but some scenarios are incredibly unlikely.

I think we're all flummoxed how this played out because none of the "normal" scenarios make total sense.

Here’s a map of the resort with river location.

Thanks for reposting this map Suglo. Does anyone have a guestimate how far it would be from Sora house to the river? I'm guessing less than 200 m? It doesn't look far at all. If she went down there while it was still dark (new moon) she could have fallen in.

Do we know where the big hole in the fence is?

I've just had a drive out on Streetview, you can't get right to Dusun but the road up there is pretty isolated, single track and ultimately a dead end. There are, however, several other eco type resorts of varying sizes beyond Dusun, so there may well have been people driving past on the way to work or heading out for the day.
Also, the family arrived at 7am. Ahead of usual 2pm check in, tbf. But I wonder if this is a regular time for arrivals on a main flight route. Not just to this resort but the others nearby. Possible an airport run driver was in the area at that time?

CoverMeCagney you always have logical theories, I'm intrigued to know your thoughts of what might have happened?

Hmmm, tough one but I wonder if she left the accommodation for whatever reason and got lured away by someone. Would be interesting to know how many people are around (on foot, as well as driving to/from other resorts up there) in the early hours.

I'm struggling to think someone would abduct a teenager from an upstairs bedroom, they're not exactly portable at that age. As for her wandering into the jungle alone - only her parents can call that one, whether she's the sort of kid who might follow her curiosity. I believe it was their first night there so she wouldn't have been too familiar with the area and she sounds to be quite cautious.

My questions would be:
What time exactly was she last seen by family?
What time was she last seen by non-family?
Was there anything she'd seen there already that she might have wanted to find again?
Would she have woken and gone to watch the sunrise?
Would she have followed an animal?
Would she have chatted to a stranger / acquaintance?

I think we're all flummoxed how this played out because none of the "normal" scenarios make total sense.

Thanks for reposting this map Suglo. Does anyone have a guestimate how far it would be from Sora house to the river? I'm guessing less than 200 m? It doesn't look far at all. If she went down there while it was still dark (new moon) she could have fallen in.

Do we know where the big hole in the fence is?
The Perling House is 10 meters from the lower swimming pool according to the resort’s website so I would estimate the river at about 150 meters from Sora House where she was last seen.

ETA - Sora House is 20 meters from the upper pool so the river could be less than 150 meters away.

Last edited:
The Perling House is 10 meters from the lower swimming pool according to the resort’s website so I would estimate the river at about 150 meters from Sora House where she was last seen.

ETA - Sora House is 20 meters from the upper pool so the river could be less than 150 meters away.

Yes agree. Very close. I wish they had immediately searched the river on day 1.

I looked at pictures of it, there seem to be some small waterfalls, the water seems murky. Lots of large boulders, nooks and corners. Could she be trapped between boulders under water?

I don't think they did a thorough and wide search of the river, at least it wasn't reported as such. Sounded more like a quick cursory check.

Maybe they should bring in a dog that can detect people under water.

Moo

I am just trying to get inside Nora's head that night. Apparently her Mum had flown in on a separate flight via Singapore after a trip to Sydney and met up with the family at Kuala Lumpur airport. The mum's voice was used on the recording as it was said she was closest to No

Yes agree. Very close. I wish they had immediately searched the river on day 1.

I looked at pictures of it, there seem to be some small waterfalls, the water seems murky. Lots of large boulders, nooks and corners. Could she be trapped between boulders under water?

I don't think they did a thorough and wide search of the river, at least it wasn't reported as such. Sounded more like a quick cursory check.

Maybe they should bring in a dog that can detect people under water.

Moo

They had divers in though

If it’s abduction i think a staff member saw the guest list and saw ‘15 year old girl’ and information was passed (sold?) on

Also, why is there a big hole in the fence?!wondering for what purpose

If it was an abduction I see it more likely to be opportunistic, either a local with knowledge of the complex or someone staying nearby

I am just trying to get inside Nora's head that night. Apparently her Mum had flown in on a separate flight via Singapore after a trip to Sydney and met up with the family at Kuala Lumpur airport. The mum's voice was used on the recording as it was said she was closest to No
Sorry, posted before finished. My point is, was Nora unsettled due to recent separation from her Mum

Did the resort allow them to check in early? Or did they have to hang out somewhere until house was ready?

I read somewhere that to be there during the day you have to prebook as a day guest and it costs something like MR100. Also that the front gate is usually locked (however not always) until a certain time as someone said they turned up too early and the staff asked how did they get in, was the gate open

I think that's a very good question! She could have been held in another cabin and then taken away. (That leaves the big question how anyone would have gotten to her in the first place though, surely she wasn't carried/forced down those spiral staircase without a sound.)

And then she would just stay there and die of dehydration? I think survival instinct would have kicked in after just a day and she would have come out. jmo
Quite honestly, I don't know what she would have done but she's not there.
IF she went through the window alone, I believe the drop would have stunned and terrified her. And chances are it was dark ad she couldn't see. I can't imagine she would have stood up, dusted herself off and walked where she needed to go. Maybe she got hurt. I don't know. But I can see her trying to find a safe place and staying there. I think that is why they are rechecking the area close to the house. All of the above is jmo.

They had divers in though

Yes I saw that. But not for long right? The main search was/is on land is my impression.

IF she went through the window alone, I believe the drop would have stunned and terrified her. And chances are it was dark ad she couldn't see.

That made me think now, maybe she stepped out the window but was unable to step back in as it was too high. Desperate to get back inside to safety she stumbled around in the dark but couldn't find the door but instead moved away from the house and got lost. Could it have happened like that?

Another possibility is that it was a bit like the film Home Alone, where her family assume she's in bed because they're all so tired but she actually isn't and is wandering around the ground floor and spotted by someone passing by

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces