Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Matthew Searle, CEO of the UK-based Lucie Blackman Trust charity which is acting as a liaison between the London-based family and the media, Nóra told her family that she wanted to see a waterfall during her holiday to Malaysia.

Acting on this previously undisclosed information, a volunteer searcher combed the area near the waterfall and made the grim discovery.
Nora Quoirin family 'expects police to do a thorough investigation' into death as post-mortem continues - Independent.ie
Previously undisclosed to authorities or previously undisclosed to the public? Huge difference if Mum told police on day one vs day 10.

If her parents knew that she was excited to see the waterfall, why wouldn’t they have mentioned this sooner than shortly before the hikers went out on the search when they found the body? Surely they would (or should) have mentioned this sooner.
We have no idea what the parents told searchers.
they have said Nora would not go any where on her own.
they know their own child and could have spent a lot of time trying to encourage her to go into the garden by herself without success.
Her teachers at school have probably also tried to get her to go to different locations in school on her own.They would liaise with parents about her progress so they would know she had not gone any where independently there.

So I am pretty convinced Nora would not suddenly venture into the jungle on her own.

Jackie Fox‏ @jackiefox_

Nóra is the "truest, most precious girl and we love her infinitely" - the Quoirin family has said in a statement. They said the "cruelty of her being taken away is unbearable".

Jackie Fox on Twitter

Jackie Fox‏ @jackiefox_

You can read the heartbreaking statement from the Quoirin family here.

EB5wjZ9WkAAdlk-.jpg

Jackie Fox on Twitter

Oh bless them all, that made me cry for them all and for Nora

If N had a desire to see the waterfall, even if her parents were adamant that she would not have left the cabin on her own, surely they would have said something about the waterfall before they did. This does not make any sense - why would this not have been disclosed sooner? If she was excited about seeing it and they obviously knew this then surely it would have been one of the first places they would have checked and I also think that it should have been one of the very first things they told the police.

According to Matthew Searle, CEO of the UK-based Lucie Blackman Trust charity which is acting as a liaison between the London-based family and the media, Nóra told her family that she wanted to see a waterfall during her holiday to Malaysia.

Acting on this previously undisclosed information, a volunteer searcher combed the area near the waterfall and made the grim discovery.
Nora Quoirin family 'expects police to do a thorough investigation' into death as post-mortem continues - Independent.ie
Thanks for this, this article is from today so they mean that the waterfall comment was previouly undisclosed. Do they mean the authorities didn't disclosed this with the searchers or the family didn't inform the police about her wanted to visit a waterfall?. JMO

Yeah, I went back by doing a search. I saw post 20 and there was no link to an article. Thanks for finding it. I don't know how people do that so fast.

I read about 10 posts and several articles and all had headlines that police are treating it as both a missing persons and an abduction investigation.

In one of the articles by the Lucie Blackman Trust, Mathew Searle states that he is confused that police denied it was an abduction investigation because the family was told directly by police that it was from the beginning.

No mention if Nora being excited to see the waterfall. Her mom said that "It was the start of a two week trip of a lifetime."

Something I missed before was the statement by the staff at the resort.

He said they searched the property and the jungle on the first day.
He stated, "It's thick jungle around the hotel so the search is very difficult and very slow as we make our way through it."

Sounds like it would have been even more difficult for a child with Nora's disabilities. I don't see how she could have made it too far on her own. Imo

Last edited:
Do we know the actual time that they arrived at the resort the day before?

No I have not seen anything confirmed in msm. There was a previous post on here ( apologies cannot remember the poster's name ) who said they arrived at 1.45pm. The poster was asked to provide a link to this info, but nothing has appeared so far.

*This is the first time the searcher was identified by name as to stating she heard Nora was excited about the waterfall. Who did she hear it from?

Shirley Yap, a member of the hiking group that found Nora’s body, had said before setting off that they planned to search for her around the waterfall in the Pantai Hills, about 40 miles south-east of capital Kuala Lumpur

She said: “We had heard she was excited about seeing a waterfall when she arrived in the resort.

“We are going to look around that area and follow the stream down the mountain.”

The group, led by Kenny Chan, trekked through “hilly and difficult” terrain not accessible to vehicles, around a an hour and 20 minutes’ walk from the resort.

They reported their discovery to the police’s search hotline at 1.57pm.

The area had already been covered by the extensive search for Nora, who went missing on August 3, just hours after arriving at the Dusun Rainforest Resort with her parents and siblings Innes, 12, and Maurice, eight.
Rescuers 'may have missed' body of teen during first search of jungle area
A volunteer helping with the search said Nora had told her parents she was "excited" about seeing a waterfall.
Nora’s parents demand to know whether cops missed body on first sweep

Last edited:
If N had a desire to see the waterfall, even if her parents were adamant that she would not have left the cabin on her own, surely they would have said something about the waterfall before they did. This does not make any sense - why would this not have been disclosed sooner? If she was excited about seeing it and they obviously knew this then surely it would have been one of the first places they would have checked and I also think that it should have been one of the very first things they told the police.
The parents could have mention this to the police, remember this is a statement by one of the searchers, there where around 350 people searching .I doubt the family spoke to each of them, so someone is guiding them and telling the where to look first. Maybe they indeed inform the police early on but it was not transmitted to the searchers, although they say the area of the waterfall was previously search and found nothing.

The report of a woman swimming could be a variety of things.
a guest from a different resort; a mistaken sighting,an attention seeker.
I would have thought a couple of searchers would have been sent to check that part of the river.
They did search that area. That may have been near where they were diving

I'm not sure not Nora was able to swim, especially in the river. Her physical strength was limited so she likely wasn't a strong swimmer, if she knew how. Imo

*This is the first time the searcher was identified by name as to stating she heard Nora was excited about the waterfall. Who did she hear it from?

Shirley Yap, a member of the hiking group that found Nora’s body, had said before setting off that they planned to search for her around the waterfall in the Pantai Hills, about 40 miles south-east of capital Kuala Lumpur

She said: “We had heard she was excited about seeing a waterfall when she arrived in the resort.

“We are going to look around that area and follow the stream down the mountain.”

The group, led by Kenny Chan, trekked through “hilly and difficult” terrain not accessible to vehicles, around a an hour and 20 minutes’ walk from the resort.

They reported their discovery to the police’s search hotline at 1.57pm.

The area had already been covered by the extensive search for Nora, who went missing on August 3, just hours after arriving at the Dusun Rainforest Resort with her parents and siblings Innes, 12, and Maurice, eight.
Rescuers 'may have missed' body of teen during first search of jungle area

Exactly Who did she hear it from?
police, parents , family members someone in the resort.

No I have not seen anything confirmed in msm. There was a previous post on here ( apologies cannot remember the poster's name ) who said they arrived at 1.45pm. The poster was asked to provide a link to this info, but nothing has appeared so far.

Thanks, so the time of their arrival in resort has not been confirmed. I remember reading somewhere that they had arrived that evening and I read in another that they had arrived that afternoon. Is it possible that they could have arrived earlier than we know and they all went to the waterfall the day they arrived because N was so excited to see it?

Apparently the tip was from a man who told the members of the search team to look there.
The woman who made the statement to the media said "they were told" by someone that she was excited about seeing the falls. I guess it could have been from someone within the group. Imo

Right but...from an article way back, the hikers went out about 12.30pm. Would have trekked to the waterfall ( took about 1 hour?) and then the tip was phoned in about 1.50. I think this was the Guardian reporting that. This makes me think the tip came from a male hiker who was part of the group and phoned in the tip after trekking back. The hikers were part of the police search.

"
Her body was found in the Betembum mountains by members of the Seremban hikers club, who had joined police, residents and members of the indigenous Orang Asli people in the search and rescue operation. "

Nora Quoirin: postmortem to be carried out after missing girl's body found

Yeah, I went back by doing a search. I saw post 20 and there was no link to an article.

I read about 10 posts and several articles and all had headlines that police are treating it as both a missing persons and an abduction investigation.

In one of the articles by the Lucie Blackman Trust, Mathew Searle states that he is confused that police denied it was an abduction investigation because the family was told directly by police that it was from the beginning.

No mention if Nora being excited to see the waterfall. Her mom said that "It was the start of a two week trip of a lifetime."

Something I missed before was the statement by the staff at the resort.

He said they searched the property and the jungle on the first day.
He stated, "It's thick jungle around the hotel so the search is very difficult and very slow as we make our way through it."

Sounds like it would have been even more difficult for a child with Nora's disabilities. I don't see how she could have made it too far on her own. Imo

ive found it and linked above. was page 20 for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member