Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr Yeap echoed these concerns, stating that Nora’s body had not been concealed or covered with foliage and that search teams that had previously passed through the area should have discovered the body.

Mr Yeap added: ‘I could see the body. She was lying with her hands behind her head like you do when you go to sleep.

‘There were some scratches on her arm and some bruises but otherwise there were no injuries.’

He continued: ‘I am not sure, but I think she had been dead a few days.

‘I think maybe she was elsewhere and walked to the stream perhaps to drink some water.

‘The place where she was found is not easy to find. I wonder if she had been following the stream as there were no footprints which means she could have been walking in the water as it was not very deep.’

'She looked like she was sleeping': Hiker describes harrowing discovery of Nora Quoirin's body
I think that means in English hands tucked under your head, like when you sleep on your side. I am not envisioning laying on her back and hand behind her head.

Exactly Who did she hear it from?
police, parents , family members someone in the resort.
She was quoted in an article the day they found the body, I just couldn't remember her name.
It was apparently a man who gave the searchers the tip. I don't think he was part of the search team, otherwise why wouldn't he have mentioned it before?
They have not revealed his name or anything about him, as far as I know.

That's why I think it had to be someone who was at the resort that day and heard them talking.

In an article from the BBC it said they were questioning the man. Which I'm sure they have but since it's an ongoing investigation I doubt we will hear anything else about that for awhile. Imo

Re: the waterfall

Thread #1 ran from Sunday 4th until Monday 12th, 1821 posts to be exact. "Waterfall" is mentioned a handful of times, but ONLY with regard to the photo of Nora in front of one and a couple of casual mentions of there being one to hike to.

We did not sleuth the waterfall, the route to the waterfall, or suggest that Nora might have headed towards a waterfall.

Thanks, so the time of their arrival in resort has not been confirmed. I remember reading somewhere that they had arrived that evening and I read in another that they had arrived that afternoon. Is it possible that they could have arrived earlier than we know and they all went to the waterfall the day they arrived because N was so excited to see it?

The Dutch guest said they arrived in the evening. But what she actually said was that she saw them outside in the evening, she didn't say she saw them checking into their House at that time. So who knows, they might have been there earlier.

Her parents told police that they want to know how she got to the waterfall.So her parents couldn’t of told her or they’d know how she got there and it would of been the first place everyone searched.
So how would Nora of known how to get to the waterfall if she wasn’t shown?
The chances of her finding the waterfall by luck is very highly unlikely.

<modsnip>

The gate was left open by staff which was unusual and rustling heard outside their house at 10pm coincidentaly as soon as the family went to bed at 10pm.
Someone could of been waiting checking the place out and left the window open that way when they come back at 3am with the truck if it’s still open everyone is definitely still asleep.
It’s possible they used the door and the window just been left open.
The truck at 3am could of woken Nora maybe she seen the open window which does look a bit like a door thought the family had left got out the window and followed the truck and got lost or they took her because she seen their faces?
I actually think that’s more likely than Nora with her disabilities finding her way to the waterfall through a dangerous jungle naked and barefoot when it doesn’t look like she actually knew the way?

Last edited by a moderator:
Right but...from an article way back, the hikers went out about 12.30pm. Would have trekked to the waterfall ( took about 1 hour?) and then the tip was phoned in about 1.50. I think this was the Guardian reporting that. This makes me think the tip came from a male hiker who was part of the group and phoned in the tip after trekking back. The hikers were part of the police search.

"
Her body was found in the Betembum mountains by members of the Seremban hikers club, who had joined police, residents and members of the indigenous Orang Asli people in the search and rescue operation. "

Nora Quoirin: postmortem to be carried out after missing girl's body found
Yes, I assumed it was a different man who was the hiker who actually found her and called it in.

They said they "had heard" that Nora was excited to see the falls. So that was what made them look there in the first place, I would assume.

So the person that informed them that she might be there and the hiker that found her were two different people.
That's how I interpreted it, but I could be wrong, of course.

We probaly won't know for sure for awhile. Imo

Re: the waterfall

Thread #1 ran from Sunday 4th until Monday 12th, 1821 posts to be exact. "Waterfall" is mentioned a handful of times, but ONLY with regard to the photo of Nora in front of one and a couple of casual mentions of there being one to hike to.

We did not sleuth the waterfall, the route to the waterfall, or suggest that Nora might have headed towards a waterfall.
Yes, that's why I think everyone is confused about where the article is that mentions her mom saying she was excited about seeing it.

Apparently it does not exist.
So hopefully that settles that! Imo

Did anyone (other than the family) actually see N after they arrived at the resort?
Yes, the staff and other guests that were staying there.
The Dutch women commented on the kids playing outside, and how they went to bed at 10:00, etc.
I think she was the one who said she heard rustling noises by the pool that night.
I don't know who said they heard the truck at 3:00 am, though.
I wonder if it's unusual for a truck to be driving by at that hour. Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member