Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s right, some children do things contrary to behaviour but even if N had been very excited to see the waterfall, leaving the cabin of her own accord would have meant walking in underwear over a mile in the jungle on her own. If she hadn’t already actually been at the waterfall how did she know the route? Barefoot, her feet would surely have been sore. It was mentioned early on that she would never leave on her own or go anywhere on her own - I’m sure I read about the bed time stories etc. I honestly can’t see that she would have been brave enough to leave the cabin on her own.

It takes 15 minutes to walk a mile generally. Certainly not impossible that she could have walked for 15 or even 30 minutes or longer imo. I don't suppose we'll know until the police release more details. I am not trying to be critical of the parents but their idea that she would not wander is an opinion based on the character they knew - not a determined, unchangeable fact.

An early report said that a local indigenous resident saw a "white woman" swimming in the river early that morning.

It is possible NQ woke up early, went downstairs, and wandered off in her night clothes. She then decided to go for a swim. It is reasonably warm in August even at night, and hypothermia isn't a concern.

The dogs may not have picked up her scent beyond 100m, because of rain and water.

An early report said that a local indigenous resident saw a "white woman" swimming in the river early that morning.

It is possible NQ woke up early, went downstairs, and wandered off in her night clothes. She then decided to go for a swim. It is reasonably warm in August even at night, and hypothermia isn't a concern.

The dogs may not have picked up her scent beyond 100m, because of rain and water.

I don’t think that was Nóra swimming, it was her body floating , imo.

I think it is a reasonable guess for an average teen, but not for Nora based on what we know IMO. I will stick to my investigative ways and follow the facts we have had presented. The parents and family all say she was extremely fearful and would have never left on her own.

Nora could have left to go to the waterfall believing it to be very close to the house. I believe someone mentioned there's a sign saying 'waterfall' with an arrow near the house. Upon seeing this sign Nora may have believed that the waterfall was literally just there/round the corner and walked a little further. Once she realised it wasn't right there she may have tried to return to the house but ended up getting very lost very quickly (highly likely in that environment).
This could have all happened just before the rest of the family realised she was missing - so in first light, not in the pitch black/middle of the night.

In her attempts to return to the house she would actually have been walking further and further away and eventually ended up at the waterfall. At this point perhaps she simply fell into it.

Such a sad situation.

I think it is a reasonable guess for an average teen, but not for Nora based on what we know IMO. I will stick to my investigative ways and follow the facts we have had presented. The parents and family all say she was extremely fearful and would have never left on her own.
Wait for the autupsy results. Her parents will certainly be questioned about their theories of what they think happened.

From looking at the pictures of the place they rented in previous posts, it is very, very hard to imagine a kidnapper going up the spiral stairs and taking her out without her siblings or parents hearing it as surely she would have struggled against a stranger. (This is assuming she slept upstairs and not in the downstairs master or a couch).

So if this abduction scenario seems implausible then I think it suggests she left the house on her own probably in the morning around sunrise. Previous media links indicated it looked like she exited from a ground floor window that has vertical panes that she could have walked/slipped through. Once outside, a number of different scenarios are possible.

Ok, if we take the stance Nora's parents have, which is that she was taken. How?
As I mentioned on the previous page, there were 2 adults and 2 children sleeping in that house, and it is very open plan. Why Nora? Being nervous of strangers, surely she would've made a noise out of fear, to wake someone and alert them? No one could easily carry a sleeping 15 year old out of a house when there were other people asleep who could easily have been woken. No muddy footprints in the house.
That would've been incredibly risky ....

Malaysia is a third world country, (a developing one, but none the less third world).

They will want to show the international community that they can comprehensively handle the key stage in the case by conducting a thorough autopsy. Presumably that's why a senior pathologist will be drafted in from Kuala Lumpur tomorrow.

Never the less, corruption and incompetance at all levels is endemic in Malaysia. I am just worried for the family that a botched autopsy or partial non disclosure of the results would deny the family the answers they desperately need.

Like most previous missing person cases in developing countries, a second autopsy performed on arrival back at home would command complete certainty and piece of mind before cremation or burial.

Malaysia still has the death penalty, which I believe includes hanging and firing squad. If abduction is confirmed I am sure they will launch an immediate manhunt to find and charge the person responsible.

Have just listened to an interview on BBC News with Matthew Searle of the Lucie Blackman Trust. He confirmed that Nora was found wearing the underwear she slept in.

In this 3 hour old article at BBC news it was stated that:

Malaysia's deputy police chief Mazlan Mansor said Nora was found beside a stream in a "quite hilly" area of plantation, and was "not in any clothing".

Body found in Malaysia search is missing Nora

So please, I'm still waiting for a link to the interview you are referring to.

Well one would think the victim would make noise, but in the case of the EAR he was able to break in and silence almost all of his victims by shining a bright light in their face waking them up with a knife to their throat.

Not exactly what I think happened, but someone else mentioned there might have been someone hiding in the house. Which is totally possible to me, to then grab with a hand over the mouth or something shoved in the throat to silence.

Ok, if we take the stance Nora's parents have, which is that she was taken. How?
As I mentioned on the previous page, there were 2 adults and 2 children sleeping in that house, and it is very open plan. Why Nora? Being nervous of strangers, surely she would've made a noise out of fear, to wake someone and alert them? No one could easily carry a sleeping 15 year old out of a house when there were other people asleep who could easily have been woken. No muddy footprints in the house.
That would've been incredibly risky ....
Nora probably woke up early and quietly went downstairs. I will assume that her parents didn't raise the abduction alarm before searching the surrounding area.

On a positive note, Nora's relatives have raised a lot of funds. Hopefully some charitable fund can be established in her name.

When they realised she was missing and knowing that she was excited about the waterfall, would their first thought not have been “she has maybe gone looking for the waterfall, let’s go and check there”. I wonder if they went and looked in that area. I know they said that she would never have wandered off but surely knowing she wanted to see the waterfall, it would have prompted them to think positively that she may have just gone out on her own (even if it was out of character for her) as oppose to saying that “a crime had been committed” so early on?

Last edited:
Not exactly what I think happened, but someone else mentioned there might have been someone hiding in the house. Which is totally possible to me, to then grab with a hand over the mouth or something shoved in the throat to silence.
A "malay" guy lurking in the dark, waiting to grab the "white" girl after everyone falls asleep?

The man that said he seen a white woman swimming in the river what river was this?
How far was it from the resort?
What time and day was it?
Is it correct that he was on his motorbike?
Why hasn’t anyone came forward to say they are this white woman surly police would want to rule her out it’s important to know if it was Nora?
If Nora couldn’t even ride a bike without support I highly doubt she could swim.
How many white woman are in the area?
I really think this man who said this needs to be quietioned more to see if he had an agenda.

I believe Nora could of been capable of leaving on her own for sensory reasons jungle and animal noises following things that are stimulating her sensory needs without thinking of her family or feeling scared because my vulnerable girls do this especially when stressed they want to run off.
The way Nora’s brain processes information it seems she she might want things but wouldn’t know how to actually act on they wants.
My eldest vulnerable daughter is like that she would sit for hours hungry but my youngest vulnerable daughter she’d go straight to the fridge and meet her own needs.
Nora might of wanted to go to the waterfall but how did she know how to get there if experienced people get lost?
Obviously the other factors such as no shoes on standing on sharp twigs stones slippy mud etc making it harder.
It seems the photo of her standing infront of a waterfall is in fact a waterfall in Ireland.
So how did she know how to get to the waterfall through in the jungle in a thick confusing dangerous jungle how did she even know were it was?
Then coincidentally the 22 local hikers thought they’d search the waterfall area because they heard she wanted to go there?
Did her parents actually say Nora wanted to go to the waterfall why would her parents who say she was timid and issues with mobility and opening things who wouldn’t wander from her family tell people she wanted to go to the waterfall in the jungle what was the purpose of telling people this?

Why do people keep bringing up this ridiculous idea that she must not have been abducted since there were no muddy foot prints inside. Seriously?!

Please go read up on Alesha Macphail if you want to wonder how a child disappears from a house without waking up the many adults inside or leaving muddy footprints. It happens. And for some reason abductors didn't all get the memo they needed to muddy up their feet before abducting people.

"
The Lucie Blackman Trust, which has helped five Irish families search for their loved ones overseas, has been helping the family since Nora’s disappearance.

The charity’s CEO Matthew Searle said: “We know exactly what Nora was wearing the night before she disappeared.

"As far as we are aware she was only wearing her underwear so that would fit with what the police are saying about her being found without clothing.''

Police say female body found in search 'resembles' Nora and was 'unclothed'

Matthew Searle said the above, still not a complete confirmation of what she was wearing. But he and presumably, 'we' (the family) seem to think 'without clothing' means in her underwear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member