Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do people keep bringing up this ridiculous idea that she must not have been abducted since there were no muddy foot prints inside. Seriously?!

Please go read up on Alesha Macphail if you want to wonder how a child disappears from a house without waking up the many adults inside or leaving muddy footprints. It happens. And for some reason abductors didn't all get the memo they needed to muddy up their feet before abducting people.

How is it ridiculous? I am talking about the likelihood of something, not saying it's impossible. The police are obviously going to look for signs of people getting into the house and if the area was a muddy jungle, there would probably be traces. Not a ridiculous concept at all.

After following this case since the beginning I feel absolutely devastated for Nora's family and very sad for this previous child for her life to have ended this way. I cannot imagine how awful Nora's family must feel right now. They have gone through so much with her due to her condition and subsequent disabilities. How many times must they have thought that they could have lost her following her birth and through surgeries to improve her quality of life. They will have been forever encouraging and supporting her during her childhood, perhaps more so than with a child who doesn't have impediments to development. It is extremely sad for them to preciousdiscover today that their precious Daughter is no longer with them after ten agonising days. This case has really gripped me and had me continually looking for updates in the hope that Nora would be found safe.

As for what could have possibly happened to Nora, I don't feel that anything sinister has occurred. In spite of her physical disabilities and very limited cognitive ability, I think that like any other child she will have had determination in her personality that helped her achieve what she did in life. Also like any other child she will most likely have had her own mind that parents despair of sometimes.

I honestly think that Nora took it upon herself to have a wander around the morning that she went missing, got lost, perhaps after just a short distance. Once she was in this pickle Nora would not have been able to get herself out of it due to her brain not functioning as a child of her age could without her condition.

It is very sad situation for Nora herself and her family but sometimes things can be that simple. With regard to Nora's ability to walk as far as she did, I think that perhaps she did it in short spurts if she needed to rest but unfortunately went in the wrong direction. I doubt that her parents would have chosen the holiday that they did (which appears to involve lots of walking on hilly ground) if they didn't think Nora could manage it. It would have been miserable for her and the rest if the family if Nora became too tired and/or needed frequent rests. Looking at the accommodation and assuming that all three children were sleeping upstairs, I doubt that this would have chosen if Nora was severely limited with her walking. The stairs look positively dangerous to me in respect of all the children never mind a child with walking limitations.

This is my take on this. I know that many here have concerns that something nefarious has occurred but I really feel that this was a very unfortunate accident that perhaps could not have been foreseen.

Why do people keep bringing up this ridiculous idea that she must not have been abducted since there were no muddy foot prints inside. Seriously?!
There were no other signs of abduction, inside or outside. Some unknown fingerprint was found, but that could be from a previous guest or previous worker.

It is possible she was abducted, but so far there has been no proof. The autopsy will indicate if she was actually taken by the kind of abductor many people are imagining.

I suspect Nora was upstairs as there are 3 beds on the mezzanine floor. One double downstairs. The front of the house is open to the jungle, l can't figure out if this is at ground level though.

Some interesting blog post reviews on the resort and the trek to the jungle. Can't link due to non MSM but the waterfall trek looks/sounds pretty treacherous in places. Not a nice little signposted path by any means.

Sounds like a hella boring place to take 3 kids for 2 weeks. Literally nothing to do except the pool and a bit of trekking.

There is a review of Sora House on Trip Advisor from May this year [it's not letting me link it, sorry], in which the author states several concerns with rats, ghekos and insects. She particularly mentions this as a Sora House issue and not true for the whole resort. I just wondered if Nora woke, and perhaps a rat or a gheko scared her in the house, and she ran from it? This could explain the window, and the nightclothes ...

The body was found in a small stream in a ravine about 2.5 kilometres (1.5 miles) from the resort, Malaysia's deputy national police chief Mazlan Mansor told a press conference.

He said the body was unclothed but declined to reveal if it had any injuries. Mazlan said it was still being treated as a missing person case.

"The family has confirmed it is the body of Nora," Mohamad Mat Yusop, police chief of Negeri Sembilan state, later told AFP.

A post-mortem will be conducted Wednesday morning, he said.
Body of Franco-Irish teen found in Malaysia jungle

Weren’t her parents the ones who had to positively identify her?

I was strongly advised not to view a family members body after a Postmortem for obvious reasons, I would guess ... is what I was replying to.

The family did identify but a poster suggested it could be done by showing the family certain photos rather than go through the horrifying experience of viewing her actual body.

I suspect Nora was upstairs as there are 3 beds on the mezzanine floor. One double downstairs. The front of the house is open to the jungle, l can't figure out if this is at ground level though.

Some interesting blog post reviews on the resort and the trek to the jungle. Can't link due to non MSM but the waterfall trek looks/sounds pretty treacherous in places. Not a nice little signposted path by any means.

Sounds like a hella boring place to take 3 kids for 2 weeks. Literally nothing to do except the pool and a bit of trekking.

So its not signposted well...is there a possibility she went to the river close to the hotel and followed it up to the waterfall area?

Nora might of wanted to go to the waterfall but how did she know how to get there if experienced people get lost?
Then coincidentally the 22 local hikers thought they’d search the waterfall area because they heard she wanted to go there?
Did her parents actually say Nora wanted to go to the waterfall ...
Those questions need to be answered. Otherwise anyone who searched near the waterfall could be hanged for her murder.

My strong hunch is that Nora was already dead before 8AM on Aug 6, but the delay in body discovery, and submersion in water, will prevent determining exact time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member