Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think they deserve that big of a pat on the back. They didn't come when initially called and the locals said they wouldn't even bother coming unless you went to get them in person. So not exactly a crack team of police. Hopefully the their superiors at the national level were better than the local police. I have no criticism of the locals at all though. But I'm seriously unimpressed with a police force that can't be bothered to show up if you tell them your handicapped child has disappeared. They got on the ball mostly after this hit the news. That motivates people who would otherwise not bother much.
Did locals say that? Or just the Dutch neighbour? Is there any other source for the belief it took three hours for the police to show up?

Source? What I remember being said is that the Resort people didn't want to call the police and said that, if the father wanted to talk to the police, he had to go there himself.
I thought they told him that after the police had not arrived for a few hours.
I never read that they wouldn't call police, just that they said they would have to go to the police to report a missing child.

Anyway I guess it's not really clear.
All we know is they obviously don't have the same procedures as other countries.

Normally in most places an alert would go out immediately, describing the child, what they were wearing and emphasizing any disabilities and that the child is thought to be endangered.

They probably don't have the ability to do all that. Imo

You know... not every place has police within a 5 minute drive. They probably had quite a drive. They did show up, within a few hours. This place was very RURAL!
There could have been a language barrier too. How on earth do you explain that your teenage Daughter is missing who is particularly vulnerable and the reasons why to someone who doesn't speak your language.

I thought they told him that after the police had not arrived for a few hours.
I never read that they wouldn't call police, just that they said they would have to go to the police to report a missing child.

Anyway I guess it's not really clear.
All we know is they obviously don't have the same procedures as other countries.

Normally in most places an alert would go out immediately, describing the child, what they were wearing and emphasizing any disabilities and that the child is thought to be endangered.

They probably don't have the ability to do all that. Imo
I don't think the UK has the ability to do that. It's not just Malaysia. And police anywhere wouldn't do it if they didn't have any evidence to suggest what crime or crimes had been committed, if any.

I don't think the UK has the ability to do that. It's not just Malaysia. And police anywhere wouldn't do it if they didn't have any evidence to suggest what crime or crimes had been committed, if any.
Wow, I didn't know that. So I guess there's no Amber alert anywhere else, or something like it.
Like someone said, it's probably not needed.
I guess most countries don't have thousands of children who go missing every year. Imo

I don't think the UK has the ability to do that.

You're right, we don't have an Amber Alert system in the UK.
What we do have is cameras on all main roads with ANPR that automatically recognises car number plates, and loads of CCTV, and everything is much closer together than in the US. Aside from that I'm not sure if there is a policy for getting information out to public other than using news channels and social media.

And with that, I'm off for a Google to see how other countries do it!

I wouldn't be sitting about waiting 3 hours for the police to arrive. 1 hour. Maybe less. Then l'd be banging their door down.

Edit especially if l thought my daughter hsd been kidnapped. Those vital first hours. Nope. Would not be having that st all.

To be fair, the people there claimed a genie took her sooooo, I dont think WS suggestions are that far fetched compared to that.

Not A Genie. Jinn. Spirits. To be fair, this is a more folkloric aspect of Islamic belief but in Islam generally there is quite a developed belief in the supernatural - angels and demons as well as jinn. There are plenty of 'western'/Christian people who believe in angels or guardian angels imo and ime.

Nóra’s family will leave Malaysia within days, Mr Quoirin said. If the postmortem results indicate a criminal cause of death, the child’s body will have to remain for further tests. Her parents have not decided whether she will be she will be buried in France or Ireland.

I had a feeling the government would keep her body.
That's one way to keep anyone from examining her body.

JMO how cruel can they, I guessing they will do anything to cover up what really happened.

MOO
Nóra’s family will leave Malaysia within days, Mr Quoirin said. If the postmortem results indicate a criminal cause of death, the child’s body will have to remain for further tests. Her parents have not decided whether she will be she will be buried in France or Ireland.

I had a feeling the government would keep her body.
That's one way to keep anyone from examining her body.

JMO how cruel can they, I guessing they will do anything to cover up what really happened.

MOO
Completely agree

The grandfather will be in regular contact with Nora’s parents knowing more than we do on here especially since they had to identify her body and if he’s saying someone put her in that ravine to get rid of her I agree with him after looking at all the information.
No matter what anyone says all our theories can be made to fit but only the autopsy will give everyone the truth I just hope there’s not a cover up.

Considering that they haven’t released the autopsy results yet, speculation/accusations about keeping the body and cover-ups seems premature. I do think, though, that if someone was murdered in the US, there is no way our authorities would release the body to another country until the investigation was complete, and I don’t expect that any government would.
We do not know what the grandfather is privy to. Certainly many more details than the public though.

Wow, I didn't know that. So I guess there's no Amber alert anywhere else, or something like it.
Like someone said, it's probably not needed.
I guess most countries don't have thousands of children who go missing every year. Imo
The European Union has introduced the AMBER Alert Europe scheme, but I don't know how far they've got with it to be honest. It's a very recent effort. It's probably nothing like the US versions.

Abductions are extremely rare in the UK and most of Europe, thankfully.

The European Union has introduced the AMBER Alert Europe scheme, but I don't know how far they've got with it to be honest. It's a very recent effort. It's probably nothing like the US versions.

Abductions are extremely rare in the UK and most of Europe, thankfully.
And additionally I believe that stranger abductions are very rare - that many times abductions are in cases of custody disputes.

Not A Genie. Jinn. Spirits. To be fair, this is a more folkloric aspect of Islamic belief but in Islam generally there is quite a developed belief in the supernatural - angels and demons as well as jinn. There are plenty of 'western'/Christian people who believe in angels or guardian angels imo and ime.
Starting to write this and realise it's obvious, but it's not so much whether the jinns etc are real, as the belief that they are and the power/influences that brings. Which is in turn open to manipulation I think.

I am slightly suspicious of the timing of the discovery after the shaman ceremony. Particularly as it seems like a mythical/magical location and she was laid peacefully down.

They probably don't have the NEED to do all that, either. I imagine this is the first time anything like this has happened in the area.
But wasn't there an article posted upthread, saying on average, 4 children go missing in Malaysia, every day?

4 children go missing every day in Malaysia, here's what you can do about it...

From 2012 to 2017, there have been 482 cases of children under 12 going missing in Malaysia, with 2017 statistics showing that an average of 4 children go missing each DAY. Although these numbers include teenagers who have run away from home, these statistics also include children who have been kidnapped for purposes of ransom, child trafficking, or sexual exploitation – with some never returning alive or even found at all.

Missing children are generally a high priority for the authorities, so whenever a young child goes missing, you’d find that the police issuing something called a NUR alert on Facebook or the news. The NUR Alert is basically an emergency early warning system for missing children in Malaysia aged 12 and below. Just last Monday (4th March), PDRM had announced a NUR Alert for a missing 3 year old girl named Nur Aisyah Aleya Binti Abdullah.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member