Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stranger abductions are rare in the US, too. Fewer than 350 since 2010. That's an average of about 39 per year, which is fewer than one per state.

We all grew up learning about "stranger danger," who knew it was our own families we had to be afraid of? :(

Not A Genie. Jinn. Spirits. To be fair, this is a more folkloric aspect of Islamic belief but in Islam generally there is quite a developed belief in the supernatural - angels and demons as well as jinn. There are plenty of 'western'/Christian people who believe in angels or guardian angels imo and ime.
I read up about the Malaysian Shaman the other day. They use trances, rituals and spirits to seek missing persons among other things. I have a friend that’s into Shamanism so I’m familiar. I’m part Native American and they have similar cultural beliefs. It’s a big world with a long history. So I’m open to alternative spiritualism.

But wasn't there an article posted upthread, saying on average, 4 children go missing in Malaysia, every day?

Yes, and about half of those are teen runaways according to this article:

High price to pay in name of freedom

More interestingly, from 2012 - 2017 482 children aged under 12 went missing and only 7 are still missing.

Nora's case is a very unusual one.

I wouldn't be sitting about waiting 3 hours for the police to arrive. 1 hour. Maybe less. Then l'd be banging their door down.

Edit especially if l thought my daughter hsd been kidnapped. Those vital first hours. Nope. Would not be having that st all.

How could her parents have gone to the police whilst stuck in a remote tropical rainforest resort without a car? They got a taxi from the airport so didn't have their own transport.

Just edited this as it autocorrected the word taxi to taco!

Stranger abductions are rare in the US, too. Fewer than 350 since 2010. That's an average of about 39 per year, which is fewer than one per state.

We all grew up learning about "stranger danger," who knew it was our own families we had to be afraid of? :(
And scout leaders, football coaches, pop stars, DJs, priests, and movie producers. In all countries.

I believe the people of Malaysia have appeared to do everything humanly possible to find Nora. Alot of confusion in translation alri but why does that equate to a conspiracy. I have followed tons of cases in Europe, America etc that didnt rally such a response and effort. So far I don't fault them at all.

But wasn't there an article posted upthread, saying on average, 4 children go missing in Malaysia, every day?

The user you were responded to said "in the area", think they were just talking about where this happened not the entire country. Malaysia is larger by size than the United Kingdom and only slightly smaller than Germany. Most of those disappearances were likely in large cities not rural resorts.

Interesting way to travel...
:p

Haha that amused me.

I'm a bit confused by the assumptions being made by people on this thread though. They've not even given a verdict on COD and people are already jumping to a cover up theories.

There is protocol in every country and I don't see how Malaysia have put a foot wrong so far. Infact, they've gone to great efforts in the search.

Would the US or UK respond in such great numbers if a Malaysian teen went missing in our respective homelands?

My first thought when reading the position she was found in, was that she either laid down like that and died from exhaustion/exposure/poisonous bite, etc., or that someone who cared about her placed her that way. As some posters have stated, yes, a crazy stranger COULD do that, but statistically speaking, when placed in a “comfortable” position or covered, it’s usually someone who loved (or at least knew) them.

But my gut feeling was that she laid down that way herself. I hope things are made more clear by the post mortem results.

This "possible" body posing by someone who loved her sits well with my post of 12 August where I discussed the following scenario:

"I have been thinking about how Nora managed to get down the spiral stairs and out of the window without assistance. Could the two sisters have both left through the window; with Nora being treated by her sister to what was to be an exciting adventure (to the waterfall) which went badly wrong: falling in the river and the younger sister is too afraid and traumatised to say? I only suggest this because it was reported earlier in the thread that the younger sister volunteered that Nora may have gone through the window."

Since we do not know at this stage the time of death, possibly on the first day, maybe the two sisters got as far as the place where Nora was found (reading the previously described well-placed signs to the waterfall) where she had an accident or seizure and her 12 year old sister returned just before the house was awake too worried to speak. Seems to make more sense to me than an abductor entering the house and stealing a 15 year old from under her family's noses and down the spiral staircase without even a sound. (...) added later. JMO

I thought they told him that after the police had not arrived for a few hours.
I never read that they wouldn't call police, just that they said they would have to go to the police to report a missing child.

Anyway I guess it's not really clear.
All we know is they obviously don't have the same procedures as other countries.

Normally in most places an alert would go out immediately, describing the child, what they were wearing and emphasizing any disabilities and that the child is thought to be endangered.

They probably don't have the ability to do all that. Imo
I don't think we can say "most places" though.

Police are not ruling out criminal elements in the case, have questioned witnesses and are investigating witness accounts of a truck heard early on the morning the girl disappeared.

A group of volunteers who were part of the search and rescue team found the body after being tipped off by a member of the public.

It was discovered in the official search zone, in an area that the team had previously covered.

On Monday, the family had offered a 50,000 ringgit (AU$17,500) reward, donated by a Belfast business, for information that could lead to her return.
Schoolgirl's death remains mystery as kidnapping investigation launched

If I recall correctly the flight in from the U.K. would have landed at 7am or 3pm based on MQs flight from Singapore landing with 30mins of the Uk flight ( another poster researched flight times ) 7am has been mentioned in MSM so I’m inclined to go with that time of arriving in Malaysia. Someone else posted today they arrived at resort around 1.45pm although I don’t know whether that has been confirmed anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soloinsight