Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha that amused me.

I'm a bit confused by the assumptions being made by people on this thread though. They've not even given a verdict on COD and people are already jumping to a cover up theories.

There is protocol in every country and I don't see how Malaysia have put a foot wrong so far. Infact, they've gone to great efforts in the search.

Would the US or UK respond in such great numbers if a Malaysian teen went missing in our respective homelands?

Nope. A toddler, maybe... a teen, no.

I think the authorities have responded to the best of their ability in a situation that the local police just aren't experienced in. Gathering over 300 people to search is amazing. It's a different world, a nicer one, more relaxed and without as much paranoia and rules and restrictions and policy and blah blah blah as we have in the West.

Starting to write this and realise it's obvious, but it's not so much whether the jinns etc are real, as the belief that they are and the power/influences that brings. Which is in turn open to manipulation I think.

I am slightly suspicious of the timing of the discovery after the shaman ceremony. Particularly as it seems like a mythical/magical location and she was laid peacefully down.

I totally agree....search for 9 days hi and low, over 300 plus searching.

Then... within 24 hours...

Shaman ceremony + reward = Nora's body

Makes me to go hum...

The Quoiron family were regular parishioners at St Bede's. Parish priest Fr Marcus Holden told the BBC the parish have been praying for her every day since her disappearance. "People are devastated" he said. "She was a blessing to this parish… She brought out a great deal of love in people. We thank God for the time we had with her."

Fr Marcus wrote on Twitter: "We have been informed that Nora Quoirin has died. We now keep the repose of Nora's soul in our prayers confident that she is in the safe hands of Our Father in heaven. We pray also for her family at this time of profound tragedy.

May she rest in peace and rise in glory."
London: Parish prays for Nora Quoirin | ICN

Nope. A toddler, maybe... a teen, no.

I think the authorities have responded to the best of their ability in a situation that the local police just aren't experienced in. It's a different world, a nicer one, more relaxed and without as much paranoia and rules and restrictions and policy and blah blah blah as we have in the West.

And a community spirit that we seem to have lost many decades ago.

Where are the 300 locals out searching for the Vietnamese girl missing in York? Too worried about the parking charges probably.

It's all very well being suspicious of other countries motives, but we need to look a lot closer to home at our own values if we want to make any impact.

Knowing how rumour spreads like wildfire in a village in the UK it is possible that someone 'in the know' wanted to spread a rumour fast could just say 'I heard she wanted to see a waterfall' and that would reach everyone very quickly, especially after the Shamen had had his say and told the Genie to do his work.

DBM double post

Where are the 300 locals out searching for the Vietnamese girl missing in York? Too worried about the parking charges probably.

It's all very well being suspicious of other countries motives, but we need to look a lot closer to home at our own values if we want to make any impact.

They found her safe and well after raiding a nail bar somewhere. A stereotype if ever I heard one.

I'd like to think if a kid vanished from a campsite in rural England somewhere, it would be all hands on deck to find them.

And it isn’t even from the crowd funding efforts. That reward was donated separately. My gosh, for people so convinced she was taken, they didn’t offer any of the money (which is basically stated it is to be used at the mother’s discretion how they see fit to help them during this time...). I would have offered every single penny of that money as the reward, increasing it each day as the funds rolled in. Why such a piddly reward and only after a week if they believed she was taken??? They don’t seem to be hurting for money, so why would they raise it if not for a reward??

Honestly, I’m super bothered by this, and super bothered by the fact that it seems that nobody was told about how much she wanted to see the waterfall. I’m also bothered by the parents getting angry that LE didn’t take their kidnapping story at face value and were upset that they were using resources to search the jungle. As if a freaking kidnapper couldn’t have dumped her in the jungle?? These parents seem lovely, but this makes me give them the side eye a bit.

Do we actually know that NQ was super excited to see the waterfall? Is this just rumor?

Do we know how close to the waterfall her body was found?

We do know that her body appeared after someone local reached out to “spirits” just as it was predicted by the Shaman and after a local tipped off and after another Indian local volunteered to join that specific volunteer search group and in an area that had previously been searched.

She was found safe.
Recovered/Located - UK - Linh Le, 15, visitor from Vietnam, separated from tour group, York, 6 Aug 2019

I don't think they deserve that big of a pat on the back. They didn't come when initially called and the locals said they wouldn't even bother coming unless you went to get them in person. So not exactly a crack team of police. Hopefully the their superiors at the national level were better than the local police. I have no criticism of the locals at all though. But I'm seriously unimpressed with a police force that can't be bothered to show up if you tell them your handicapped child has disappeared. They got on the ball mostly after this hit the news. That motivates people who would otherwise not bother much.
Agree. After it hit national media things changed. Also when the local tribe people most familiar with that jungle wanted to assist in search so recall they were initially declined?

Not A Genie. Jinn. Spirits. To be fair, this is a more folkloric aspect of Islamic belief but in Islam generally there is quite a developed belief in the supernatural - angels and demons as well as jinn. There are plenty of 'western'/Christian people who believe in angels or guardian angels imo and ime.
Yes there are plenty of us who believe in Angels. But I am not able to summon them and direct them on when to bring back a missing and potentially deceased person. Completely different viewpoints/beliefs.

The European Union has introduced the AMBER Alert Europe scheme, but I don't know how far they've got with it to be honest. It's a very recent effort. It's probably nothing like the US versions.

Abductions are extremely rare in the UK and most of Europe, thankfully.
It is very quick and very well broadcast in the US. Cell phones, highway signs, news, etc.

They had return flights booked for this weekend so perhaps they are still going to use them, though I wouldn't be surprised to learn Malaysia Airlines (or any other) will fly them home for free whenever they're ready.

They may also have been told Nora can't return for some time. What a horrible decision for them to be in, but ultimately there's not a lot they can do there now, and perhaps they just need to get home. My children are a similar age to Nora's siblings and I can't help but think how on earth they'd deal with this. Horrendous.

And going home on a return flight with one empty seat is heartbreaking

I've long thought Nora was abducted. Truthfully though I'd suspect that of ANY teen girl who slipped out of the house unnoticed and all but naked and barefoot. It's just not something the average teen would do. They would absolutely get dressed and put shoes on if they decided to go roam a jungle by themselves.

She couldn't do buttons up (her Mum said this).

Stranger abductions are rare in the US, too. Fewer than 350 since 2010. That's an average of about 39 per year, which is fewer than one per state.

We all grew up learning about "stranger danger," who knew it was our own families we had to be afraid of? :(
I question this number simply because the number of people who “go missing” every day in the US that are never found or heard from again and because of the rise in sex trafficking. National center for missing persons might have a better statistic IMO

Yes there are plenty of us who believe in Angels. But I am not able to summon them and direct them on when to bring back a missing and potentially deceased person. Completely different viewpoints/beliefs.
But if in this case the shaman was a pastor or a priest and the whole thing would have been a candle vigil or a praying sermon. No one would be suspicious of the Shaman

JMO

ETA: I find suspicious his details about the whole thing to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1