Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve heard nothing from the owners of the resort. No statement, no condolences, nothing. That’s very odd, not reading anything into it but I’d have thought they’d express their thoughts.

Some western media sources would bury that within an article as basically a footnote unless they said something "juicy", i know this because a friend of mine died abroad (fell from the balcony of a hotel) and the hotel seemed to say nothing about it until i looked into articles from their language and found them clearly offering their condolences, in english articles it was a sentence buried inside a defamatory article. Not saying that's the case but it happens a lot, the medias job is to drum up interest in their stories after all and conflicts/conspiracies sell.

I’ve heard nothing from the owners of the resort. No statement, no condolences, nothing. That’s very odd, not reading anything into it but I’d have thought they’d express their thoughts.
There are condolences on their website page.
the Quoirins sound as if they are very private people and would not welcome people making statements,however well meaning ,to the press.

There is a problem here also with different countries cal things different things. What we call a motorcycle could just be a dirt bike on back trails, not a road.
I realise that, however, we have seen where the waterfall is. We have seen images of the trail to the waterfall, it is not even a dirtroad and you have to cross logs to navigate it and we know that the waterfall is 1 hour and 20 minutes walk away from the Dusun -2,5km away. The place is known to be unreachable other than on foot.
If that person saw Nora swimming in a/the river, then it couldn't have been near the waterfall, but further away/nearer to the Dusun. And how would Nora have reached the waterfall on her own from that spot?

I did see this on a BBC News article ('No foul play' in Nora Quoirin death):

---

In a statement, the Dusun resort said it wanted to "extend support and assistance in whatever way possible to the Quoirins during these very difficult times".

"We deeply regret that this has happened to the Quoirins during their stay here," it said.

---

A 29-year-old man has been arrested after sick claims about tragic teen Nora Quoirin were posted on social media.

Malaysian Police detained the male at 7pm last night after he went to the headquarters to provide a statement.

The case will be investigated under Section 233 of the Communications and Multimedia Act 1998, for unreasonable usage of a network facility or any other network services."
The case will be investigated under Section 233 of the Communications and Multimedia Act 1998, for unreasonable usage of a network facility or any other network services."

The suspect is also being investigated under Section 505 of the Penal Code, for making or printing and distributing false news, reports Today Online.
Nora Quoirin police arrest man, 29, over sick social media claims about teen

The claim, made on Twitter by user Zikri Armstrong or @tertumbuk, claimed Quoirin, who had been reported missing 10 days before she was found dead, had been raped by Orang Asli.
Malaysian police nab social media user for claiming Nora Quoirin raped by Orang Asli

In this case there is nothing so far. Imo
There was a witness who claimed on Aug 6 that a "white woman" was swimming in the river on Aug 4.

The witness wasn't considered reliable, because Nora was supposed to be incapable of going to that location by herself, and she was supposed to have been kidnapped.

Nora was still alive on Aug 6 when this witness came forward, and may have stayed within 300m or 1000ft for the next 4 days. Then she died around Aug 10.

They have expressed their condolences and commitment to assist. It was within 24 hours of the recovery of the body. By the way, the owners are European (wife is Eurasian and husband is German) so if anyone wants to start the discussion on local etiquette and culture, be informed that they are pretty cultured orientally and occidentally. They’ve worked hard at building the eco-resort, taking years to carefully planning and to a certain extent developing everything themselves so it is such a shame/unfortunate for them too, that Nora’s tragedy has implicated their lives.

Ok. I’ve just not seen anything .

But it was always known that she left the house in her underwear so there would be no reason not to notify authorities right away. Imo
She was wearing underwear on Aug 3, at bedtime. Her body was found on Aug 13, without underwear.

Her underwear hasn't been found yet, to keep alive the "dark" theories of kidnapping, ritual sacrifice, etc.

Couldn't she have just taken her underwear off to use the restroom/swim/just because and not put them back on? You children take their underwear/diapers off all the time. I just don't see how this could be anything more than a tragic accident. She could have been having stomach issues even before they went on vacation and just didn't know. Or she could have tried to eat or drink something from the jungle with something bad in it.

I did see this on a BBC News article ('No foul play' in Nora Quoirin death):

---

In a statement, the Dusun resort said it wanted to "extend support and assistance in whatever way possible to the Quoirins during these very difficult times".

"We deeply regret that this has happened to the Quoirins during their stay here," it said.

---

Thank you. First time I’ve seen their response.

Some western media sources would bury that within an article as basically a footnote unless they said something "juicy", i know this because a friend of mine died abroad (fell from the balcony of a hotel) and the hotel seemed to say nothing about it until i looked into articles from their language and found them clearly offering their condolences, in english articles it was a sentence buried inside a defamatory article. Not saying that's the case but it happens a lot, the medias job is to drum up interest in their stories after all and conflicts/conspiracies sell.

They issued a statement yesterday or the day before and someone shared it on here.

There was a witness who claimed on Aug 6 that a "white woman" was swimming in the river on Aug 4.

The witness wasn't considered reliable, because Nora was supposed to be incapable of going to that location by herself, and she was supposed to have been kidnapped.

Nora was still alive on Aug 6 when this witness came forward, and may have stayed within 300m or 1000ft for the next 4 days. Then she died around Aug 10.

I’ve lost track of the location the “white woman” was seen in the river. Was it near the resort or near where Nóra was eventually found?

Is odd, the police didn't follow up. The police did not believe the abduction theory, so why would they not followed up on a woman in the river? Certainly not at the request of the family. At least to rule out.

This is a PR mess and I predict it will become worst when they leave the country.

Jmo

Is odd, the police didn't follow up. The police did not believe the abduction theory, so why would they not followed up on a woman in the river? Certainly not at the request of the family. At least to rule out.

This is a PR mess and I predict it will become worst when they leave the country.

Jmo

Agree. You would have thought they’d follow up any witness leads....after all there wasn’t any apart from this sighting. ( to my knowledge)

In a statement released on Friday, the Lucie Blackman Trust said: "The charity can confirm that no payments were made in respect of the reward in connection with the discovery of Nóra’s body."

On Friday, the Deputy Prime Minister of Malaysia and the Minister for the State met with Nora's family.

A statement issued on behalf of the Quoirin family said: "We had the opportunity to thank them for everything that the Malaysian government, police, search and rescue teams, local people and volunteers have done to help us. Tragically, as we know, this wasn’t enough to save Nora.
Reward not paid out after discovery of Nora Quoirin's body, charity confirms - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member