Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is odd, the police didn't follow up. The police did not believe the abduction theory, so why would they not followed up on a woman in the river? Certainly not at the request of the family. At least to rule out.

This is a PR mess and I predict it will become worst when they leave the country.

Jmo
Can we really state as fact that they didn’t follow up on that sighting (if there actually was a sighting)? Also, has the person who supposedly saw this “swimming white woman” come forward publicly? I must have missed it if he did.

I do not know why so many people are putting emphasise on her missing underwear.It sounds as if she would have been wearing a pair of pants and perhaps a small t shirt type top which she could have removed herself.

Last edited:
Nora's family came for a 2 week "trip of a lifetime" on Aug 3 and it has been a very tragic 2 weeks. Enough tragedy for a lifetime for the young siblings.

I wonder if the parents will request another autopsy in UK. UK and French police accepted the Malaysian conclusion but checked out kidnapping hypothesis.

From the article:

Meanwhile British and French police officers stayed at the jungle hotel and were able to see for themselves if an intruder would have been able to break in undetected and abduct the vulnerable teen from a bedroom while sleeping alongside her siblings.

A police source in Seremban said the officers – from Paris and Britain's National Crime Agency – requested to stay at the hilltop resort after arriving in Malaysia.

They will submit a report on their findings, but have not raised any suspicions of foul play with the Malaysian police.

Both officers have now left the country.

I do not know why do many people are putting emphasise on her missing underwear.
Imagine her panties are planted in a Orang Asli hut, belonging to a young male.

Police must find each item she was supposed to have been wearing on Aug 3 at bedtime. The locations will also show her route.

Fwiw..
"Oct 18, 2015
On this week's Crime Watch Raw, we feature the mysterious case of the seven missing Orang Asli children who disappeared for 46 days in the jungles of Gua Musang. We also follow up on two of them who survived and currently recovering from the traumatic experience."

Is odd, the police didn't follow up. The police did not believe the abduction theory, so why would they not followed up on a woman in the river? Certainly not at the request of the family. At least to rule out.

From your posts i like you a lot Simply Southern, i think you've came across more genuinely concerned by all of this than 99% of the members here including myself, i think you're a good person.

But lets be straight here, the family wanted the jungle search halted and western media got completely behind that, the only reason i heard of this case is because the media was telling me a British teenager with disabilities was abducted and taken into the Malaysian jungle. The police believed she was in the jungle and she was in the jungle, i'm not sure what they could've done else other than offer their opinion and mobilize people to search both of which they did. Depressing as hell that she was likely wandering around while people were looking for her but i think these constant swerves into blaming locals are getting really distasteful, not that you're part of that i just feel you are one of the few who will listen.

Maybe i'm just more affected by this than i want to admit to myself, sorry. I'm not religious but i'm praying for the family anyway.

If that person saw Nora swimming in a/the river, then it couldn't have been near the waterfall, but further away/nearer to the Dusun. And how would Nora have reached the waterfall on her own from that spot?
A dirt trail come close to the Berembun river at different points. Hikers generally enter via a paved road near a water treatment plant. You will find photos on several FB pages.

Is odd, the police didn't follow up. The police did not believe the abduction theory, so why would they not followed up on a woman in the river? Certainly not at the request of the family.

Jmo
WS TOS rule prevent me from discussing this issue in depth.

But I can point to the comments after I mentioned this tip in an early thread. I think that local police at Pantai station was bullied in the first 2 days. That area was searched when the larger group arrived.

WS TOS rule prevent me from discussing this issue in depth.

But I can point to the comments after I mentioned this tip in an early thread. I think that local police at Pantai station was bullied in the first 2 days. That area was searched when the larger group arrived.

Think everyone knows what you're insinuating by now, can you flesh it out somewhat?

I'd be especially interested in the idea that local police were bullied unless that's just a scenario you came up with in your head.

Some western media sources would bury that within an article as basically a footnote unless they said something "juicy", i know this because a friend of mine died abroad (fell from the balcony of a hotel) and the hotel seemed to say nothing about it until i looked into articles from their language and found them clearly offering their condolences, in english articles it was a sentence buried inside a defamatory article. Not saying that's the case but it happens a lot, the medias job is to drum up interest in their stories after all and conflicts/conspiracies sell.

All is my opinion .... Please feel free to disagree..

The Media is going to cover news/stories. They will cover the negative, always. They will cover postive and human interest, if it sells.

There are two choice ....

*Go public, befriend the media, issue statements of help the resort was providing. Provide interesting information regarding the community's help, what they are doing ...examples, providing food, shelter for the searchers, welcoming the foreign representatives, providing transportation. Embracing and comforting the family. Welcoming and begging for leads, even if they know there are none.

*Lock down and go silent. Alienating the media is dangerous to any business/government/person. Media has power and the attention of the world. You cannot win against the media. Every negative will be front page news. Every time someone does not speak becomes a focus... conspiracy, cover up, lack of human compassion, etc.

I had a political event, a very radical national protest group stated their attendance. National media swarmed in. The city wanted to ban the group. Nope, I set up hospitality tents severing food, beverages, provided parking and potties for the protesters. We hit front page and all national TV, as gracious and very hospitable. This PR would have cost us millions on the commercial market, we had 2k in our cost.

It's how you chose you play the cards.

Nora's family was very smart to embrace the media from day one. The media has portray the family in a positive light, gaining worldwide sympathy.

I'm not saying anyone is right or wrong. The family, the government, or the media. Just trying to explain how the media can be used to an advantage or disadvantage.

JMO

There are condolences on their website page.
the Quoirins sound as if they are very private people and would not welcome people making statements,however well meaning ,to the press.

The Quoirins went public first. They and the family have been very vocal. Publicly thanking the government and locals at every opportunity, as well, expressing concern for the investigation.

Jmo...

There is a problem here also with different countries cal things different things. What we call a motorcycle could just be a dirt bike on back trails, not a road.

I totally agree and this is a major part of the negative PR.

It would be helpful to have translated written press releases. This would insure the communication from the government is clear, leaves no room for misinterpretation or representation by the media.

Remember the old gossip game, as kids. One person tells the next and so on, at the end its never even close to the initial statement.

JMHO....

Can we really state as fact that they didn’t follow up on that sighting (if there actually was a sighting)? Also, has the person who supposedly saw this “swimming white woman” come forward publicly? I must have missed it if he did.

I saw only the sighting mentioned. No follow up or response from the police.

I think all of us would like to hear the outcome, wether rumor or factual.

When there is no response, folks speculate. Its human nature.

Jmo

I saw only the sighting mentioned. No follow up or response from the police.

I think all of us would like to hear the outcome, wether rumor or factual.

When there is no response, folks speculate. Its human nature.

Jmo

I assume they didn’t find anything but this article does mention that the police followed up the river sighting:

Police said they searched a jungle riverbank after a villager claimed to have seen the 'white girl' bathing while he was riding his motorbike on the Sunday she disappeared.

The possible sighting will inevitably compound her parent's agony as to why the teenager was not found sooner.

State deputy police chief Che Zakaria Othman told Sky News at the time: 'We have information from one of the villagers that they saw a white woman bathing in the river at about 7pm on Sunday.

He was riding a motorcycle [when he saw this]. He did not take a photo as he was passing by but we are checking.'
BBM
Did villagers spot Nora on the first day she vanished? | Daily Mail Online

seven missing Orang Asli children who disappeared for 46 days in the jungles of Gua Musang. We also follow up on two of them who survived and currently recovering from the traumatic experience."
I am still watching to understand what happened to them, but so far it is a tale of survival in a similar jungle.

The two girls look like skeletons, and the river here is muddy, but they survived 46 days!

This is such a tragic case. I rarely post here, but this one drew me back in. I feel awful for the family, of course, but also the searchers who found her and were looking, who probably now are dealing with knowing that she was likely out there to be found and it didn't happen. Not their fault, of course, but I know that would be hard on me.

I still think the most straightforward explanation is the most likely here. The idea of someone abducting a teenager from a fancy hotel room where her family is right there sleeping seems unlikely, though she could have been lured out in some way, but that relies on the person doing the luring having a pretty solid knowledge of her limited capacities or otherwise, she would just alert her family. My niece is 3 and stays at my mom's during the week and just randomly opened the door and walked out the other day, having never done that before in all the years my mom has cared for her. Kids (and Nora, presumably, given her capacity) sometimes do impulsive things without regard for consequence.

I can definitely see her removing her clothes if she soiled them or something, which would seem likely with what she might have been eating/drinking/exposed to out there. It's just heartbreaking for all involved, and there will probably always be some uncertainty to it, which makes it hard for the family to heal. I hope they can find peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1