Arizona girl, 2, left in car by father on 109-degree day and is found dead

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Parents often have charges downgraded or dismissed in these cases. Who kills you should not matter but that is the pattern. Even non-wealthy non-connected parents. If a daycare worker did the same, never mind had this repeated PATTERN, parents and the community would and do seem to react differently. No different in outcome for the poor child though.
Yes, recall the recent case where a 2 month old baby girl in Santee, California, was left by her adoptive gay dads (or possibly a family member) in a car for NINE HOURS before being discovered deceased. It happened on June 13 and thus far I have seen no reports of any charges being filed against anyone.

Wanted to add that probably the strongest factor against prosecutors downgrading charges in a plea deal, is the text the wife sent saying, How many times have I told you not to leave them in the car?

Although she told the judge her husband is “a pillar of the community” who “made a mistake”, this text is evidence that he defiantly engaged in a dangerous and illegal practice numerous times.

Had she not written that, they might have just spun it as a fluke, an off day where a devoted father just wasn’t himself or in good form. And of course the 2 older girls corroborated this. So a plea deal is by no means a sure thing here…

I just don't see the mom seeming that remorseful for failing to protect Parker, IMOOO. She shifts from brief anger to a passive voice "we lost" that teams her with the killer. That is exactly the dynamic that led to this result IMHOO. Then she argues and gets him released to home where he can pressure the other kids re: stories. If it wasn't the dad who killed the kid and the mom acting as his biggest advocate, he would never be allowed that kind of access to vulnerable witnesses.

And if mom knew a paid caretaker had done this repeatedly and did nothing about it, the kids may have been placed with relatives. How can the older kids feel safe, understand accountability, not be pressured or even retaliated against for being truthful @ PS5 in this scenario?

It is so upsetting to me that Parker's fundamental safety (bottom of Maslow's hierarchy of needs) was not prioritized now same re: sisters, even after what happened. This guy has a burn it all down vibe to me, I don't think it's a given that he won't pressure them.

<modsnip - no link provided>

Last edited by a moderator:
Wanted to add that probably the strongest factor against prosecutors downgrading charges in a plea deal, is the text the wife sent saying, How many times have I told you not to leave them in the car?

Although she told the judge her husband is “a pillar of the community” who “made a mistake”, this text is evidence that he defiantly engaged in a dangerous and illegal practice numerous times.

Had she not written that, they might have just spun it as a fluke, an off day where a devoted father just wasn’t himself or in good form. And of course the 2 older girls corroborated this. So a plea deal is by no means a sure thing here…
It could also be seen as a cya text if in fact she did do this too. We won't know because the older kids were not initially asked about her per the Complaint, and now they may have been subject to pressure. JMOOO.

Her focus on him rather than the surviving kids is just more of the same. That he was released home does not bode well for jail time. He is not a good guy, he is reckless re: kids, lies to LE in easily disprovable ways, ignores court orders, etc. But, often those people skate through life. Had he done this to someone else's child, with a repeated pattern, he'd serve time. Being victim focused, to me it should not matter, Parker's life and the safety and wellbeing of her sisters should be paramount.

I just don't see the mom seeming that remorseful for failing to protect Parker, IMOOO. She shifts from brief anger to a passive voice "we lost" that teams her with the killer. That is exactly the dynamic that led to this result IMHOO. Then she argues and gets him released to home where he can pressure the other kids re: stories. If it wasn't the dad who killed the kid and the mom acting as his biggest advocate, he would never be allowed that kind of access to vulnerable witnesses.

And if mom knew a paid caretaker had done this repeatedly and did nothing about it, the kids may have been placed with relatives. How can the older kids feel safe, understand accountability, not be pressured or even retaliated against for being truthful @ PS5 in this scenario?

It is so upsetting to me that Parker's fundamental safety (bottom of Maslow's hierarchy of needs) was not prioritized now same re: sisters, even after what happened. This guy has a burn it all down vibe to me, I don't think it's a given that he won't pressure them.

<modsnip - no link>
Do you think the court will send any children’s advocates to speak to the kids at home, in an effort to prevent the kind of pressure that the parents might use?

Last edited by a moderator:
If someone neglected one of the children multiple times in the same way and it led to a death?

The mother is also a victim, yet anything she says, does, or how she says it, is being scrutinized. She had, minutes before that text, been doing CPR on her lifeless tiny child.
Yeah, I have no idea what anyone is expecting from ES. “I appreciate you trying your best” doesn’t really work here because, well, he barely tried. Which brings me to:

The bond hearing on YT was disturbing to me, as is his history of choices re: women, girls and following court orders.
The more I think about it, the more I’m with you on this one. IMO the only comfort here is that the two surviving girls have each other.

It could also be seen as a cya text if in fact she did do this too. We won't know because the older kids were not initially asked about her per the Complaint, and now they may have been subject to pressure. JMOOO.

Her focus on him rather than the surviving kids is just more of the same. That he was released home does not bode well for jail time. He is not a good guy, he is reckless re: kids, lies to LE in easily disprovable ways, ignores court orders, etc. But, often those people skate through life. Had he done this to someone else's child, with a repeated pattern, he'd serve time. Being victim focused, to me it should not matter, Parker's life and the safety and wellbeing of her sisters should be paramount.

"Her focus on him rather than the surviving kids"

I agree, this is all wrong to me. He is an adult and should be able to take care of himself, and the 3 children he was responsible for. The children, however, need care and protection and the mother wants to protect the father. I dunno.

The children are the ones to worry about right now.

I'm not liking this at all. But that is just my opinion.

If someone neglected one of the children multiple times in the same way and it led to a death?

The mother is also a victim, yet anything she says, does, or how she says it, is being scrutinized. She had, minutes before that text, been doing CPR on her lifeless tiny child.
yes, the mother is a victim and there is nothing victim friendly about the way she is being judged for a man's actions.

True. An accident waiting to happen.
@SMK777 Hi. :)

"An accident waiting to happen?"
Sorry, gotta disagree.
A TRAGEDY which HAPPENS rather predictably.

..... Ambient temp 109°F (42.77°C)
+ ...Toddler in car safety seat w windows closed
+ ... Given amt of time

Do you think the court will send any children’s advocates to speak to the kids at home, in an effort to prevent the kind of pressure that the parents might use?
I can't imagine that would change long standing family dynamics that have only been intensified under pressure. I don't think AZ will want to put the kids in that central case position anyway once there is electronic forensic data.

yes, the mother is a victim and there is nothing victim friendly about the way she is being judged for a man's actions.
I think she is being judged for her own actions and inactions knowing this was a pattern and knowing it had continued after she expressed concern, that is failure to protect. The kids had no one else to protect them. She then pleaded with the court and got him released back to the home immediately, which may or may not be in the kids' interests and may or may not impact the case.

If it was a hired caregiver no one would be defending a dynamic that allowed this pattern to continue IMHOO.

Last edited:
I would hope that Children and Family Services, or its equivalent in the state is investigating, the safety and well being of the other children.

IMO, he should NOT BE ALLOWED to be in the same home with the other children. The fact that he left her in the car repeatedly, in which a reasonable person should know is life threatening, should be grounds for them to be seperated. If this was a one off thing, I might feel differently. I hope he doesn't "snap" and do something drastic to his entire family.

I don't feel mom is an appropriate "supervisor" for him in regards to the children. I feel this way due to her knowing what was happening and the possible consequences.

If this were a family that didn't have as much money or lived elsewhere, I wonder if the judge would have made the same decisions.

I would hope that Children and Family Services, or its equivalent in the state is investigating, the safety and well being of the other children.

IMO, he should NOT BE ALLOWED to be in the same home with the other children. The fact that he left her in the car repeatedly, in which a reasonable person should know is life threatening, should be grounds for them to be seperated. If this was a one off thing, I might feel differently. I hope he doesn't "snap" and do something drastic to his entire family.

I don't feel mom is an appropriate "supervisor" for him in regards to the children. I feel this way due to her knowing what was happening and the possible consequences.

If this were a family that didn't have as much money or lived elsewhere, I wonder if the judge would have made the same decisions.
I suspect that if the mom had not pleaded for him to be returned to the home, he'd be in jail right now, as AZ requested.

I think the situation is not optimal for healing for the remaining kids JMOOO. The trauma of losing their sister will be profound. https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/we...-and-my-parents-never-talked-about-her-again/ That they had been repeatedly subjected to the same behavior that resulted in Parker's death may lead to survivor's guilt. My heart really goes out to them.

As I stated earlier, MOO, is that a woman would have been charged and jailed. It seems like men get a pass, because they are "babysitting".
Parents of either gender are rarely charged in these situations. In this recent one, the child did not die, thank goodness, but no charges at all for the mom. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/screaming-child-rescued-from-hot-car-in-south-florida-as-mom-shopped-at-walmart/

IMHO if there were long prison terms it would help to change parental behavior. But, doesn't happen.

I suspect that if the mom had not pleaded for him to be returned to the home, he'd be in jail right now, as AZ requested.

I think the situation is not optimal for healing for the remaining kids JMOOO. The trauma of losing their sister will be profound. https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/we...-and-my-parents-never-talked-about-her-again/ That they had been repeatedly subjected to the same behavior that resulted in Parker's death may lead to survivor's guilt. My heart really goes out to them.
Can you reshare the link? I got a page no longer exists error.
They will have trauma no doubt and it may even involve being in cars now. Hoping they get all the professional help and love they deserve!

LifeIsAMystery

Parents of either gender are rarely charged in these situations. In this recent one, the child did not die, thank goodness, but no charges at all for the mom. MSN

IMHO if there were long prison terms it would help to change parental behavior. But, doesn't happen.
I had not heard about the NJ and Florida cases in this article. It's been so many cases this summer!

@SMK777 Hi. :)

"An accident waiting to happen?"
Sorry, gotta disagree.
A TRAGEDY which HAPPENS rather predictably.

..... Ambient temp 109°F (42.77°C)
+ ...Toddler in car safety seat w windows closed
+ ... Given amt of time

The media is full of warnings about heat waves and not leaving Any Living Thing inside a car in this weather. SAFETY WARNINGS

This is not an accident and he claims not to have received a notice the engine had shut off? Deflecting blame all over the place. Are they going to try to sue the car manufacturer, saying it was the car's fault no one checked on her for 3-4 hours in 106 degree heat?

This is NO Accident. It is negligent behaviour with an established very high risk of a fatal outcome. It's like throwing the kid into the rapids without a life jacket and saying it was the river's fault.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back