Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what was said about the window:

SEREMBAN, Aug 8 — The police today said that they are confident the only exit used in missing Irish teenager with specials needs, Nora Anne Quoirin, 15, was the aluminium glass window at The Dusun resort where she was staying with her family, here.

Negri Sembilan Police Chief Datuk Mohamad Mat Yusof said investigations by the forensic team confirmed that Nora Anne had exited from the premises through the glass window.

“Yes, only the glass window exit was used. We are certain about this,” he said this evening at a press conference in Pantai police station here.
Police: Only exit used in missing Irish teen case was glass window, other routes ruled out | Malay Mail

Well that doesn’t make sense. Why are they certain ? There was an unlocked door Nora / abductor could walk through. Why go to the bother of climbing through a window, especially if it was already shut.

Maybe her fingerprints are on the window and not on the door? Honestly, I don't think this is a case where we'll ever know exactly what happened, because Nora is the only person who knows exactly what happened. JMO

What happens next regarding this tragic mystery?

Will we just hear less and less until it completely goes away or will there be further reports and investigations?
If I was in their situation I would have another post mortem when they return home. That should confirm if she died where she was found or was taken there. That seems to be the main question I believe. The Malaysian post mortem should have been able to determine this but I have heard no confirmation. The lack of injuries from being in the jungle barefoot also seems to indicate she was somewhere else, perhaps, as well as the fact that that area had been searched previously I understand.

There's just so many scenarios, not only with the scant details that have been made public but with all the other parts that haven't. That in itself, and I'm no expert on what is available to the public from an investigation in either this country or elsewhere, is mystifying and will probably stay that way.

Is this the type of case that's discussed for years?

The Malaysian Police did state there was no indication of foul play directly following the postmortem. I am puzzled by the statement from LBT saying on behalf of Nora's parents that although it "help us to understand Nora's cause of death" but that "our beautiful innocent girl died in extremely complex circumstances" It was my opinion that Nora just got lost and died due to what the postmortem showed. I don't understand what the "extremely complex circumstances" could be.

Sad that some worry that tourists will not visit anymore and that they will lose jobs, but i think and hope, that if anything- they will see an uptick in tourists intrigued by the beautiful surroundings., imo speculation.
Aug 17 2019
Orang Asli: Nora’s Death Will Affect Our Livelihood — The True Net
"Most of the Orang Asli work at the nine eco-resorts in the area. Warned by the police and their employers not to talk to the press about the case, they spoke to The Malaysian Insight on condition of anonymity."

“I am not sure if this place is going to be packed again. The news (has spread) worldwide, not just in the country. It may cost us but I am not sure to what extent,” he said"

“It is not easy for us to work in town. Many of the youngsters did not finish school. They preferred to work rather than study.

“Many of them work here at the resorts."

“I have stayed here for many years and I do jungle trekking myself. There have been many cases of hikers getting lost in the forest but they were found and rescued.

“This is the first time that someone had been found dead in this area."

The Malaysian Police did state there was no indication of foul play directly following the postmortem. I am puzzled by the statement from LBT saying on behalf of Nora's parents that although it "help us to understand Nora's cause of death" but that "our beautiful innocent girl died in extremely complex circumstances" It was my opinion that Nora just got lost and died due to what the postmortem showed. I don't understand what the "extremely complex circumstances" could be.

Perhaps it's just that the family doesn't want to believe it was possible for Nora to have left on her own. No sign of foul play + no sign of kidnapping + their opinion that she couldn't have left on her own = complex circumstances?

I think it's understandable that the family may not look at the situation objectively.

THE authorities in Malaysia say they WILL carry out a second postmortem on the body of teenager Nora Quoirin - if her parents demand one.

The news comes after the teen's family revealed there are still “dark” unanswered questions about how she died and maintained she could have been abducted.
Nora’s family may finally get answers to ‘dark questions’ with 2nd postmortem
As I read it, Malaysia is not saying that they (Malaysia) will carry out a 2nd PM. They just state that the family has the right to request a 2nd PM -elsewhere- and that they (Malaysia) are not afraid of the outcome.

Is The Sun a tabloid? She was found by a group of hikers, certainly they would have said if she was closer to the resort than what is being reported.

Oh no, hocus pocus.....
Yeah, I doubt the authorities have shared inside information or "reports" with The Sun.
I also don't understand the article indicating another autopsy will be done in Malaysia.
Wouldn't the post mortem be conducted by a different Forensic Pathologist in England? They may have different interpretations and procedures. Imo

As I read it, Malaysia is not saying that they (Malaysia) will carry out a 2nd PM. They just state that the family has the right to request a 2nd PM -elsewhere- and that they (Malaysia) are not afraid of the outcome.
Yes, that makes more sense. What I thought it said was that authorities in Malaysia say that "they" will carry out a second post mortem, indicating they will do another one themselves.
I think it's just poorly written.
Another reason why it's hard to interpret some of the articles. Imo

Yeah, I doubt the authorities have shared inside information or "reports" with The Sun.
I also don't understand the article indicating another autopsy will be done in Malaysia.
Wouldn't the post mortem be conducted by a different Forensic Pathologist in England? They may have different interpretations and procedures. Imo

The sun article cites Malaysian Star as their source for information. I am guessing it's coming from this article It's up to Nora Anne's family if they want a second post-mortem, says deputy minister

Funny enough the article above cites another tabloid, Daily Mirror and "an international news portal report " as their source for the comments made by authorities. I am not going to read too much into it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members