Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I think JMO is that 2 little girls woke up together early on the first day of their holiday and excitedly snuk out of the window at first light to play in the little playground right next to Sora House. Their parents were probably still asleep in the bedroom which was separated from any view of them by sliding doors. One little girl went back in, one slightly bigger girl wandered off. It was mentioned that the parents would not let the Malaysian police interview the children. Reasonable theory or not?
Reasonable theory yes. I think highly likely. There could even have been other children playing. On the Dusun website, staff are allowed to bring their children to work when they are not at school. It was a Sunday so presumably not a school day. It would have been tempting if other kids were already out in the play area playing or they just wanted to go out for a little explore.

Responsible Tourism - The Dusun, Malaysia

"Helen and David bought this little piece of hill in 1984. It was a rubber estate with no water source or electricity. Haanim was 7-years old and played with kids in the neighbouring village. Helen and David started hiring some of the villagers who had helpful local knowledge and skills.

As a resort (est 2010) our policy is to hire as close as possible, prioritizing the Orang Asli (Original People) villages, where employment opportunities are few. We looked a bit further for our Assistant Manager, but kept our search within the matriarchal state of Negeri Sembilan.

We offer staff interest free loans. Items financed so far include a washing machine and a computer for a school-going teenager. We’re careful about their hours, give bonuses in tandem with our occupancy and time bonuses around their cultural festivals. Our staff feel free to bring their kids to work on the weekends, when they are not in school.

We have strict booking guidelines to ensure low density and minimal noise. Not just because we live here ourselves but also out of respect for the other residents of Pantai Hills."

Last edited:
I stand to be corrected and may be wrong however, if N went to bed at 10.00pm then it may have been around 3.00pm UK time. She may not have adjusted to the time difference and just could not sleep. She may have left the building with her slightly younger sister (middle child) just to take a look around outside because from what I have read she would not have left the building on her own and I believe that due to her LD's she was reliant on her close family members – All just my opinions.
We would all like to know what happened and there seem to be more questions than answers however IMO it is best to leave it to the authorities to deal with because it is not something that can be solved on this forum.

Also, I cannot understand and doubt that a young person with co-ordination and mobility issues if that is what they had would have managed to venture very far into the depths of the jungle, dealing with the terrain and jungle environment - I don't know. It is all a mystery at this stage.

Also, I cannot understand and doubt that a young person with co-ordination and mobility issues if that is what they had would have managed to venture very far into the depths of the jungle, dealing with the terrain and jungle environment - I don't know. It is all a mystery at this stage.
She was supposedly alive for a whole week. She could have moved a few hundred yards each day until she reached that area and died on the seventh or eighth day.

What I think JMO is that 2 little girls woke up together early on the first day of their holiday and excitedly snuk out of the window at first light to play in the little playground right next to Sora House. Their parents were probably still asleep in the bedroom which was separated from any view of them by sliding doors. One little girl went back in, one slightly bigger girl wandered off. It was mentioned that the parents would not let the Malaysian police interview the children. Reasonable theory or not?
We don't know that LE did not question the children.
I haven't read anything that indicated the parents would not allow LE to talk to the children.
I'm not sure LE would share information like that to the media.
They may have asked them if they heard anything strange during the night but if they were asleep when Nora went missing there would not be much for them to contribute. Imo

She was supposedly alive for a whole week. She could have moved a few hundred yards each day until she reached that area and died on the seventh or eighth day.
If she was moving that slowly it's amazing that the searchers couldn't find her in a 2.5 sqare mile search area.
With over 300 searchers looking in the same area several times, it seems unlikely she would move fast enough to hide from them each time they were close to her.
Unless she was hiding in one spot for a long time, and was too afraid to come out when she heard her mom's voice being played for several days. Imo

VIDEO, Family lawyer speaking..
Aug 16, 2019
Nora Quoirin case: What really happened? Questions remain as family seeks 'more answers'
"Charles Morel, the family’s lawyer, said Nora’s disability made it highly unlikely the teenager would leave alone at night and walk to the bottom of a ravine through an “extremely steep path through the jungle”.

Nora was born with Patau’s syndrome, or holoprosencephaly.

Mr Morel said: “One of the effects of her condition is that she was very dependent on her parents.

“She was shy, she was quickly scared, she had travelled for 18 hours and she was exhausted"
“So there is no reason why she would leave the lodge in the night, almost naked. There is no previous episode in her life to suggest she might do something like this.”

There are further questions about the search for her, and how she ended up being found less than two miles from the resort.

The spot she was found had been repeatedly searched in the days leading up to the discovery of her body.

Witnesses said she was in “plain sight” and looked like she was sleeping with her head resting on her hands."

Way back, Malay Mail. Lawyer stopped Le from questioning kids further
Yeah, I looked as far back as two weeks ago and still can't find an article stating the parents refused to let the kids be questioned by LE.

If the lawyer stopped the kids from being questioned further, it does not mean they were never questioned by LE.

Maybe he put an end to it when it was reported that the sister said Nora went out the windiw and the public started questioning her involvement. If that's the case, I can understand why the lawyer would put an end to the questioning. Imo

If she was moving that slowly it's amazing that the searchers couldn't find her in a 2.5 sqare mile search area.
With over 300 searchers looking in the same area several times, it seems unlikely she would move fast enough to hide from them each time they were close to her.
Unless she was hiding in one spot for a long time, and was too afraid to come out when she heard her mom's voice being played for several days. Imo
I think that even her parents thought she might hide from the searchers - hence the mom’s voice being played the last few days. I only wish the family and friends had been allowed to search for her in the very beginning. I said so in one of my first posts on this thread. The way the parents described her made me feel she might be afraid of strangers with accents calling out to her. It’s heartbreaking to think this may have been the case.

I think that even her parents thought she might hide from the searchers - hence the mom’s voice being played the last few days. I only wish the family and friends had been allowed to search for her in the very beginning. I said so in one of my first posts on this thread. The way the parents described her made me feel she might be afraid of strangers with accents calling out to her. It’s heartbreaking to think this may have been the case.
Yes, the parents were open to the possibility that she could have been lost in the jungle, although they could not believe she was capable of even going out the window and entering the jungle by herself in the dark.

They may have helped search in the beginning, when the staff reported they had searched the entire property before the police got involved. And even they said it was a very slow process because of how thick the jungle was surrounding the resort.

But I don't think they would have been allowed to join the search teams, at least not in those conditions. Imo

We don't know that LE did not question the children.
I haven't read anything that indicated the parents would not allow LE to talk to the children.
I'm not sure LE would share information like that to the media.
They may have asked them if they heard anything strange during the night but if they were asleep when Nora went missing there would not be much for them to contribute. Imo

Even if LE did not talk to the children, I am sure the parents would have. It would be the first thing a parent would do.

Why do the parents think she went missing in the night? Why not early morning first light perhaps?

Last edited:
Yeah, I looked as far back as two weeks ago and still can't find an article stating the parents refused to let the kids be questioned by LE.

If the lawyer stopped the kids from being questioned further, it does not mean they were never questioned by LE.

Maybe he put an end to it when it was reported that the sister said Nora went out the windiw and the public started questioning her involvement. If that's the case, I can understand why the lawyer would put an end to the questioning. Imo
Have you got a link to the report about the sister saying Nora went out the window? I haven't seen that.

Have you got a link to the report about the sister saying Nora went out the window? I haven't seen that.
Oh, boy, the site is about to be shut down for repairs, but some posters were discussing it in the first thread. I will try to find it.
ETA just noticed it is not shutting down until eight tonight.
I'm on my way to work but when I get there I will look for it.
I read it in the first or second thread, when some were questioning how the sister knew Nora went out the window and assumed she personally saw her go out.
Then others thought she said that because that's what she had been told so that's why she said it. That's all I remember. Imo

Last edited:
i wonder how long dad had been in charge of the family whilst mum was away on her overseas trip? he brought them all alone on the main part of the trip, to meet up with mum

because if he's used to being in charge (if not him, who looked after Noras needs while mum travelled with her job?) why did they use mums voice? why not his?

i wonder how long dad had been in charge of the family whilst mum was away on her overseas trip? he brought them all alone on the main part of the trip, to meet up with mum

because if he's used to being in charge (if not him, who looked after Noras needs while mum travelled with her job?) why did they use mums voice? why not his?
Nora was reportedly very close to her mom. A family member had stated that she clung to her and was anxious when not around her family.
Her mom was also the one who read to her and cuddled with Nora in the evening, it seems. Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member