Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a dichotomy here. She cannot have been in that same place in plain sight for two or three days since she died and the searchers searched in those two or three days but missed her. So which is more likely?
It's amazing the cadaver dogs missed the scent, too. I wonder how close to the body they would have to be to pick up the scent.
I thought I read that they can locate a body that's buried up to 12 feet under the ground. Imo

Last edited:
It's amazing the cadaver dogs missed the scent, too. I wonder how close to the body they would have to be to pick up the scent.
I thought I read that they can locate a body that's buried up to 12 feet under the ground. Imo

Do we know for sure that the searchers were in that exact area within sight or scent of her body after she died? They covered that jungle pretty thoroughly and didn’t find her alive. Lividity will tell whether she was moved there and when, hopefully.

Do we know for sure that the searchers were in that exact area within sight or scent of her body after she died? They covered that jungle pretty thoroughly and didn’t find her alive. Lividity will tell whether she was moved there and when, hopefully.

Article below states searchers had searched that area several times and witnesses said her body was in plain sight according to this article posted upthread. Post mortem stated she had been dead for 2-3 days.

Nora Quoirin case: What really happened? Questions remain as family seeks 'more answers'

Yes but LE said that they only searched that area the first week. Then they moved back in closer to the resort. Perfectly timed so they missed her before she arrived at that spot and didn’t search there after she did.

Way back, Malay Mail. Lawyer stopped Le from questioning kids further

Yes, exactly questioning them FURTHER. Because they had been questioned already. So they were allowed to be questioned just not indefinitely.

Post mortem found she died because of internal haemorrhaging from a burst stomach ulcer caused by stress and hunger. Nothing to do with her heart that I have seen. But if you have seen a MSM or LE statement for other causes, please can you link it thanks?

Yes I know what the PM found but internal bleeding very often causes cardiac arrest if left untreated. It’s secondary so wouldn’t necessarily be made public.

The COD was the ulcer in her intestines, (duodenal) that ruptured, which they stated was "thought" to be brought on by starvation and stress.
There are many other causes, such as bacteria, infection, etc., so it is not definitive. She may have developed sepsis and that contributed to her death.

She did not die from cardiac arrest.

They may know more about what caused the ulcer when the autopsy report is complete. Imo

A lot of strain on the heart too. Cardiac Arrest is linked to internal bleeding so it’s very likely her heart did just stop, possibly in her sleep. Imo.

Article about the family that run the Dusun~

Regulars in the Kuala Lumpur music and party scene, Haanim Bamadhaj and Christian “Cee” Schwanz made the big move to the edge of the Berembun forest reserve in Negeri Sembilan to help Haanim’s mother run The Dusun resort and to raise a family.

Streething - Haanim & Cee: Trading In City Life To Live In The Jungle

Perhaps she was was placed in a position that made her look as though she was just sleeping and near the waterfall which was where she wanted to visited.

Why was she located at the waterfall and looking as though she was sleeping? In my opinion she may have be placed there because someone may have cared for her and her family enough to want her to be found looking peaceful (asleep) and at a place she wanted to visit.

The is no way in my opinion that she could have reached the waterfall on her own due to her LD’s and general disabilities.

Speaking on behalf of Nora’s family, Matthew Searle, CEO of charity Lucie Blackman Trust, told the Irish Sun: “The family and Nora have left Malaysia. That’s all the information we’re giving out.

“And as for where she’s gone to, we’re keeping that private for privacy reasons.

“Funeral arrangements are underway, yes.”

When asked, had they returned to Ireland, he added: “Not at the moment, no.”
Nora Quiorin's body taken to 'private place' as funeral preparations begin

Speaking on behalf of Nora’s family, Matthew Searle, CEO of charity Lucie Blackman Trust, told the Irish Sun: “The family and Nora have left Malaysia. That’s all the information we’re giving out.

“And as for where she’s gone to, we’re keeping that private for privacy reasons.

Such a sad story. I'm confused if they had a UK post mortem or not.

No second PM then. I thought there were still questions to be answered.

What became of the toxicology and DNA tests?

News media coverage seems to have stopped/dried up.

Are investigations still ongoing or is this a case we the public are unlikely to hear about again?
I think the longer we don’t hear anything the more likely it is that they have accepted the findings and just want to lay her to rest. Or conversely, they may be doing a second autopsy and investigation privately and don’t want speculation to get out of hand until they have a finding they can present publicly.

Obviously all deaths eventually end with the heart stopping but what causes the heart to stop is the cause of death, not the heart stopping.[/QUOTE

Cardiac Arrest is when the heart suddenly stops usually caused by trauma or an irregular heart beat. My point was considering the position Nora was found in, she simply passed in her sleep. Cardiac Arrest is usually secondary on a death certificate but not always. Of course the heart stops beating upon death but not always due to a CA.

Aug 24 2019
"ALOR SETAR, Aug 24 — Minister of Tourism, Arts and Culture today expressed confidence that the tragedy involving the 15-year-old Irish teenager Nora Anne Quoirin will not affect the number of tourist arrivals to Malaysia next year in conjunction with the Visit Malaysia Year (VMY) 2020.

Datuk Mohamaddin Ketapi said although he was deeply saddened and sympathised with the family of young Nora Anne, the incident should not be an excuse for certain quarters to say that Malaysia is not safe for tourists."

“Such incidents can happen in any country but it does not affect the number of tourist arrivals to the country,” he told reporters when asked on whether the tourism industry would be affected by the tragic death of Nora Anne whose body was found on August 13 about 2.5km from a resort in Pantai, Negri Sembilan, 10 days after she was reported missing."

well look,not every place on this planet is going to have a ready made,experienced team ready to despatch in search cases. its down to us as parents to make safe our environment. or as safe as we can. i really don't think 'inexperienced searchers' can be held responsible here
An inexperienced team of civilian hikers found Nora, after becoming aware that she really wanted to see the waterfall.

They hiked towards that waterfall, and saw her body. Check the video of them explaining the discovery, and compare with news articles.

My opinion is that there was NO search of that area after Nora came to drink water for the final time.

Anyone who passed by the area would have seen her body immediately, as these inexperienced hikers did.

dbm ... duplicate

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members