Man Dragged off United Airlines/Flight Overbooked, April 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
K I'm totally peeing in my seat next time I fly. Good luck person who gets my seat next because you know it won't be cleaned up before the next round of cattle board. But I'm poor, so I deserve every humiliation.

Unrelated.... Do airlines give discounts for bereavement flights still?

Yes. My friend found it saved her like $10

Especially if you have the audacity to take a trip when pregnant

being pregnant is not the airlines problem, its your own,

what if i had a bladder infection and needed to urinate every 10-15 mins?....should the airline give me special treatment and bathroom privileges?....no, my situation is my own problem, not theirs

I was once on a flight where a young woman sat in a seat which had been soiled by an earlier passenger. There were no other seats available. The flight was delayed so that she could go into the terminal and purchase sweatpants and change clothes. In the meantime a cleaning person came aboard and cleaned the seat as best he could, and then covered the seat with newspapers and blankets. Human decency prevailed that day.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...s-went-wrong-that-day/?utm_term=.2f9a6dc77966

United Airlines has settled with Dr. Dao.

United reaches settlement with passenger dragged off plane
Financial terms of the deal not disclosed

By JACKIE WATTLES

Posted: 3:17 PM, April 27, 2017
Updated: 3:39 PM, April 27, 2017

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) - United Airlines has reached a settlement with Dr. David Dao, the passenger who was violently dragged off a flight earlier this month in an incident that created a firestorm for the company.

Dao's lawyers announced the deal Thursday but did not disclose the financial terms of the settlement...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/money...ment-with-passenger-who-was-dragged-off-plane

Apr 27 2017, 3:45 pm ET

David Dao and United Airlines Reach ‘Amicable’ Settlement After Viral Video Incident

by Daniella Silva

Dr. David Dao, the subject of the now infamous video showing him being dragged from his seat and off a plane, has reached a settlement with United Airlines after a weeks-long public relations nightmare for the company, lawyers said Thursday.

Dao reached an "amicable settlement" with the airline for the injuries he received as result of the April 9 incident, which is attorney said included two lost teeth, a broken nose and a "significant" concussion. The amount of the settlement would remain undisclosed, according to the terms of the settlement, Dao's attorney said in a statement.

Attorney Thomas Demetrio announced the undisclosed settlement on Thursday afternoon, hours after the airline announced the new policies to prevent such an incident from happening again...

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...settlement-after-viral-video-incident-n752051

Another related incident:
Delta throws a passenger off a plane because he used the bathroom during a 30-minute delay on the tarmac in latest PR nightmare for US airlines
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4449992/Man-kicked-Delta-flight-using-bathroom.html

Not sure what to think about this ^.

From passenger's PoV, yes, he violated a safety rule, but returned to his seat, so 'no prob?'

From aircrew's PoV, he violated safety rule; his behavior suggests he may refuse to comply w other safety rules, may endanger self, other passengers and crew, and/or may cause plane to lose place in take-off queue, cause further DELAY AGAIN.

Maybe watching 13 min vid will be illuminating.

being pregnant is not the airlines problem, its your own,

what if i had a bladder infection and needed to urinate every 10-15 mins?....should the airline give me special treatment and bathroom privileges?....no, my situation is my own problem, not theirs

Luckily for you your life has been. Perfect! Wow!

Not sure what to think about this ^.

From passenger's PoV, yes, he violated a safety rule, but returned to his seat, so 'no prob?'

From aircrew's PoV, he violated safety rule; his behavior suggests he may refuse to comply w other safety rules, may endanger self, other passengers and crew, and/or may cause plane to lose place in take-off queue, cause further DELAY AGAIN.

Maybe watching 13 min vid will be illuminating.

he continues to say "i have done nothing"

uuummm yes you did....you did what you were told not to do....duh!

you asked to use the washroom, you were told no, and you did it anyway

if this guy gets any kind of settlement for legal action i am seriously thinking about doing something like this on purpose,

break a simple rule, get kicked off the plane and get thousands of dollars for it,

it is no wonder why airline safety is a concern, we are taking the power away from the law and putting it in the hands of the customer.....where does this stop?

airlines may now be reluctant to remove passengers from a plane even if there is a serious threat in fear of legal action

if this guy gets any kind of settlement for legal action i am seriously thinking about doing something like this on purpose,

break a simple rule, get kicked off the plane and get thousands of dollars for it,

it is no wonder why airline safety is a concern, we are taking the power away from the law and putting it in the hands of the customer.....where does this stop?

airlines may now be reluctant to remove passengers from a plane even if there is a serious threat in fear of legal action

What is the option? Pee and poop your pants?

The idea was that the plane would be off of the ground. Whoops! Stuck on the tarmac. They knew it was for thirty mins. Plenty of time to use the bathroom.

Power play! The airplane should have been in the air! But of course it wasn't.

That was quick!

It was not in United airlines interest to keep this case going with endless bad publicity. I bet they paid out a good multi-million settlement he won't be flying in economy for the foreseeable future.

break a simple rule, get kicked off the plane and get thousands of dollars for it

Please don't. But, if you ever get stuck on the tarmac for an extended amount of time and feel the urgent need to pee or poo, go for it. I'd have your back.

I've personally been in this type of situation before, and I must say, I considered leaving my seat. What's one to do???

I'm not a fan, at all, of disrespectful passengers or disrespectful airline employees. I just see a huge difference between needing to go the bathroom v just about every other airline rule.

I have a sneaking suspicion that we're going see an increase in these incidents in the near future. I hope I am wrong, but what is to stop passengers from baiting airline employees into throwing them off an airplane with the hope of collecting a huge settlement?

I just flew on several different airlines. The staff was incredibly attentive. I think there is going to be a lot of training going on.

I have a sneaking suspicion that we're going see an increase in these incidents in the near future.

you think?.....LOL....we already are!.....doesn't it seem odd these events all happened so close together?....its a simple way to make easy fast cash

when you look at the first incident the guy is on the phone with a lawyer....the lawyer is probably coaching the guy over the phone as to what to do while his eyeballs turn into dollar signs,

i also question the authenticity of the last event, the guy seems so calm throughout the entire process....acting?....most people would get more upset then that

you think?.....LOL....we already are!.....doesn't it seem odd these events all happened so close together?....its a simple way to make easy fast cash

when you look at the first incident the guy is on the phone with a lawyer....the lawyer is probably coaching the guy over the phone as to what to do while his eyeballs turn into dollar signs,

i also question the authenticity of the last event, the guy seems so calm throughout the entire process....acting?....most people would get more upset then that

Yes, the doctor knew he would be dragged off of a plane. Yup,

It was not in United airlines interest to keep this case going with endless bad publicity. I bet they paid out a good multi-million settlement he won't be flying in economy for the foreseeable future.

Couldn't agree more. I remember working for Cathay Pacific many years ago, upon disembarkation a lady broke her leg. Flew First Class for the next 15 years.

Please don't. But, if you ever get stuck on the tarmac for an extended amount of time and feel the urgent need to pee or poo, go for it. I'd have your back.

I've personally been in this type of situation before, and I must say, I considered leaving my seat. What's one to do???

I'm not a fan, at all, of disrespectful passengers or disrespectful airline employees. I just see a huge difference between needing to go the bathroom v just about every other airline rule.

In Australia, lets say you want to use the bathroom seat belt sign is on or even worse minutes before landing and somebody races to the loo, you do it at your own risk. So if you break a few bones with turbulence or upon landing the onus is on themselves. They have just breached a civil aviation regulation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinny
Back