Man Dragged off United Airlines/Flight Overbooked, April 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

The incident reports reveal for the first time the names of the four officers involved in the incident, and they contradict cellphone videos viewed by millions of people worldwide. The reports were released Monday in response to Freedom of Information Act requests by the Los Angeles Times and others.

12 page Incident report: http://documents.latimes.com/incident-report-about-passengers-removal-united-flight/

The incident reports reveal for the first time the names of the four officers involved in the incident, and they contradict cellphone videos viewed by millions of people worldwide. The reports were released Monday in response to Freedom of Information Act requests by the Los Angeles Times and others.

12 page Incident report: http://documents.latimes.com/incident-report-about-passengers-removal-united-flight/

So none of the other three "officers" backed up "Officer" Long's account of how Dr. Dao came to be injured?

I suspect that the testimony of the nearby passengers will be quite important in determining what actually happened.

So none of the other three "officers" backed up "Officer" Long's account of how Dr. Dao came to be injured?

I suspect that the testimony of the nearby passengers will be quite important in determining what actually happened.

Two giving statements under "duress" wow.

Another related incident:

Delta throws a passenger off a plane because he used the bathroom during a 30-minute delay on the tarmac in latest PR nightmare for US airlines

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4449992/Man-kicked-Delta-flight-using-bathroom.html

I have a personal experience that I'm conflicted about on United Airlines....

Pregnant woman in coach but close to 1st class needed to use the restroom...Drink cart in her way and flight attendants refused to back up approx 7 rows to let her use the restroom at the back of the plane.

1st class restroom was reserved for 1st class passengers only due to FAA regulations per the announcement and flight attendants.

Several passengers including 1st class became very vocal stating the woman should be able to use the 1st class restroom if Flight attendants are refusing to back up.

Basically she could't use the rear restroom because of the drink cart and couldn't use 1st class because it was reserved for 1st class only.

What is one to do?

What would you do?

I can tell you it was a very long flight over the ocean and I spoke up too and said she should use the closest restroom which was the 1st class restroom.

Maybe I was wrong?

I have just flown on Delta and several other airlines, On every flight, the staff went overboard to be nice. It seemed like they had been told to be extra attentive, I am surprised about the Delta incident,

If the plane is on the tarmac for 30 mins, the pilots know. What was the big deal!

Pregnant woman in coach but close to 1st class needed to use the restroom...Drink cart in her way and flight attendants refused to back up approx 7 rows to let her use the restroom at the back of the plane.

1st class restroom was reserved for 1st class passengers only due to FAA regulations per the announcement and flight attendants.

Several passengers including 1st class became very vocal stating the woman should be able to use the 1st class restroom if Flight attendants are refusing to back up.

Basically she could't use the rear restroom because of the drink cart and couldn't use 1st class because it was reserved for 1st class only.

What is one to do?

What would you do?

I can tell you it was a very long flight over the ocean and I spoke up too and said she should use the closest restroom which was the 1st class restroom.

Maybe I was wrong?

This is beyond crazy. Though I was told that on the low cost flights in Europe you pay to use the toilet.

It is too crazy! I guess Depends are going to be a new staple. Guess we have to ask where to put them on the plane, Yum!

What is one to do?

What would you do?

Maybe I was wrong?

what would i do?

i would do what i normally do and plan ahead to make sure it was not urgent for me to use the restroom,

anybody who flies knows (or should know) that there are (or will be) extended periods of time during flight where bathroom use is not permitted,

during takeoff, during landing approach, in flight turbulence, etc etc....this is really no different,

what would i do?

i would do what i normally do and plan ahead to make sure it was not urgent for me to use the restroom,

anybody who flies knows (or should know) that there are (or will be) extended periods of time during flight where bathroom use is not permitted,

during takeoff, during landing approach, in flight turbulence, etc etc....this is really no different,
You ever been pregnant? If not, you don't know the meaning of "urgency" when it comes to needing to pee when you've got a baby pressing on your bladder.

If so, lucky you as not everyone gets the luxury of such bladder control and prediction powers.

what would i do?

:hilarious: Pregnancy puts added pressure on the bladder, and it is impossible to "plan ahead" to avoid the need to use the bathrooom. Sheesh .... men!
(Just poking fun, but this is true .... pregnancy has quirks men apparently cannot appreciate)

Or fly at all), I would most likely

What is one to do?

What would you do?

Maybe I was wrong?

If I was first class, I would give up my seat and exchange it for hers. But being I don't fly 1st class, I would most likely have spoken up and then moved the cart myself .... (and probably preparing to be arrested afterward).

:hilarious: Pregnancy puts added pressure on the bladder, and it is impossible to "plan ahead" to avoid the need to use the bathrooom. Sheesh .... men!
(Just poking fun, but this is true .... pregnancy has quirks men apparently cannot appreciate)

i did enjoy the humor in your post, but unfortunately the rules do not change for pregnant passengers,

also....the passenger in question here had the option to purchase a first class seat where restrooms are more readily available,

i did enjoy the humor in your post, but unfortunately the rules do not change for pregnant passengers,

also....the passenger in question here had the option to purchase a first class seat where restrooms are more readily available,
So the rules don't change but pregnant women should buy First Class tickets. Gotcha. I wonder if I just pee in my seat on a plane if everyone will be hunky dory with that.

I suppose there needs to be some kind of "suspend your bodily functions" clause for flying. God forbid we be treated like humans!

So the rules don't change but pregnant women should buy First Class tickets. Gotcha. I wonder if I just pee in my seat on a plane if everyone will be hunky dory with that.

I suppose there needs to be some kind of "suspend your bodily functions" clause for flying. God forbid we be treated like humans!

After reading this latest story, I'm beginning to contemplate wearing of Depends for my next trip. :blushing: With all the delays at the boarding gate and on the tarmac that are now a routine part of the flying experience, it might be best.

So the rules don't change but pregnant women should buy First Class tickets

never said they should,

all im saying is if they choose to sit in the coach section they shouldn't be expecting special treatment, that is what people pay extra money for in first class,

one of the benefits of flying first class is easier restroom access that is shared with far less people,

if you want the benefits of first class, pay the money for it,

what would i do?

Let's see. You have booked several connecting flights. Some are late. The departure gates are huge distances from each other. You make it in time. Bathroom? If only

never said they should,

all im saying is if they choose to sit in the coach section they shouldn't be expecting special treatment, that is what people pay extra money for in first class,

one of the benefits of flying first class is easier restroom access that is shared with far less people,

if you want the benefits of first class, pay the money for it,

Yeah, scum! If you can't afford thousands for a ticket, stay home ! You do not deserve anything!

Yeah, scum! If you can't afford thousands for a ticket, stay home ! You do not deserve anything!
Especially if you have the audacity to take a trip when pregnant... If you can afford a child you can afford 1st class... Peasants!

K I'm totally peeing in my seat next time I fly. Good luck person who gets my seat next because you know it won't be cleaned up before the next round of cattle board. But I'm poor, so I deserve every humiliation.

Unrelated.... Do airlines give discounts for bereavement flights still?

I don't know your age, but perhaps you will someday find out that the rules don't change for elderly men and their bladder urgency problems, either.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nc1995
Back