4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #95

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree with you and SR has stated that it is indeed missing. The question is why won't LE turn over the data?

Cellphone expert testifies missing data benefits University of Idaho murder suspect

He further testified that it's crucial that he receive all of the AT&T source data and related information for him to verify, given that prosecutors in Latah County are pinning Kohberger to the location of the killings, in part, by his cellphone use and cell tower records.

"It is a terrible practice to justify probable cause with these very detailed call detail records that give breadcrumb-like trails for individuals and then not map it," Ray said.

"Because of the piecemealing of the data, because of the missing data, because of the data I'm reviewing that is incredibly inaccurate, everything that is missing is absolutely in benefit of the defense right now," Ray testified, adding, "There are other reports that are missing that I can't tell you are benefiting of Mr. Kohberger or the state."

He added that it's unclear why certain data is unavailable: "Is this human error? Is it accidental? Is it intentional?"

Sometimes its just games D and P play with each other in the pre-trial phase. Sometimes there are legitimate reasons, sometimes not.

Maybe P is still recovering and analyzing new data/video, etc. or analyzing a different way and they're not finished yet. Maybe they've decided to add a new expert or two to analyze evidence and aren't ready. In this case they may be dragging their feet to make D give them the alibi evidence, while D is withholding the alibi evidence because they want to see what else the P has.

When the deadlines come, when it gets down to the trial, both sides will have met their obligations and will have enough time to analyze the discovery.

Last edited:
Except they actually are withholding evidence in this case. In regards to the cell phone data as well as their DNA work just to name a couple.

MOO

What are you saying that they are holding back on DNA information at this point?

Judge Judge already went through all the IGG stuff and determined what was appropriate to be turned over back in January.
He then proceeded to authorize/expand which experts on the defense side could look at the information in June.

I do not remember hearing or seeing anything in the last few months that indicated that the defense team felt like they hadn't gotten all the DNA info that Judge Judge allowed the to receive.

Re: June Motion to compel hearing orders:

Part of the 5th Motion to Compel hearing regarding IGG was sealed.

1724888809217.png

The order from the open part of the hearing is public: investigators to review IGG materials.

The order from the closed hearing - 5th Motion to compel (IGG) - was never made public.

D 5th Motion to compel:

Order listed on Case summary page:
1724888169963.png

jmo

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads