Manorville Bodies: A Second Killer? Latest Remains found 02/17/2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It has always amazed me that people has accepted MP's statements about that night and what went on in Brewer's house as "the facts" in the case. We actually have no reliable witnesses. Not Brewer. Not GC who told Nancy Grace he did not let SG in and then changed his story to an elaborate one about letting her in and not MP who said he saw her under the boat and then poof she disappeared into thin air and so basically did he. And then we have no explanation for "the drifter" whatsoever. I would say we absolutely know nothing about that night for sure.

I wasn't saying I believed what MP said. I was just referring to theory that GC was setting MP up and SG was already dead.

IMO, Shannan was definitely in Oak Beach proper, on May 1, 2010, because she made a 23 minute 911 call. That call has probably been mapped by pings. Then the neighbor, Barbara, and her son heard Shannan and said they saw Shannan's "footprints" in the sand. That woman then called 911, too.

One of our members drove by her house and said there is no sand anywhere around her house, so I guess her son was being poetic. Anyway it must have not been an honest statement. She did call 911 but she also would not let SG in. I don't believe they were lying when they said they saw SG, but I don't have a great deal of respect for their behavior. IMO

IMO, Shannan was definitely in Oak Beach proper, on May 1, 2010, because she made a 23 minute 911 call. That call has probably been mapped by pings. Then the neighbor, Barbara, and her son heard Shannan and said they saw Shannan's "footprints" in the sand. That woman then called 911, too.

it wasn't Barbara Brennan or "her son" who claimed they saw Gilbert's footprints.

Brennan did make a 911 call.

but it was the Canning's who live closer to the gate that stated they saw footprints.

it wasn't Barbara Brennan or "her son" who claimed they saw Gilbert's footprints.

Brennan did make a 911 call.

but it was the Canning's who live closer to the gate that stated they saw footprints.

You have such a good memory or good notes for minute details. I'm almost positive there was an interview with the Canning's son saying she came to their door, but did she also go to Barbara Brennan's door, or did BB just call 911 for some other reason? Do you know?

You have such a good memory or good notes for minute details. I'm almost positive there was an interview with the Canning's son saying she came to their door, but did she also go to Barbara Brennan's door, or did BB just call 911 for some other reason? Do you know?

I'm not sure if Gilbert went to the Canning's door but on the Websleuths archive there is this from Justin Canning:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-159244.html

"That was the last time she was seen. We saw her footprints in the sand," said Justin Canning, 20, who lives down the street."She was in a panic. We thought she was on drugs."

that was taken from this article

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/serial_slay_house_raid_icUSVNRrW8naxbU8gaK5AJ

And I'm not sure if she went to Brennan's door or if Brennan just heard some commotion & saw her and called 911 or what.

The trouble here is that there are apparently three women by the name of Barbara who have made statements about the night and the happenings of the night that Shannan disappeared. There is the doctor's wife, the mother who was talking with her son (I actually saw original foot which is long gone now of the mother being interviewed at her door. The storm door was ajar and she never came outside. She spoke to the reporter inside the slightly opened storm door. It was in that footage that I heard that the son said he saw Shannan's footprints in the sand and that she seemed drugged..out of it...) and apparently yet another Barbara who made the third 911 call...and still it took LE another half hour to get there.

One of our members drove by her house and said there is no sand anywhere around her house, so I guess her son was being poetic. Anyway it must have not been an honest statement. She did call 911 but she also would not let SG in. I don't believe they were lying when they said they saw SG, but I don't have a great deal of respect for their behavior. IMO
There is a small bit of white sand by the Canning's yard. It was visible on Google maps.

The trouble here is that there are apparently three women by the name of Barbara who have made statements about the night and the happenings of the night that Shannan disappeared. There is the doctor's wife, the mother who was talking with her son (I actually saw original foot which is long gone now of the mother being interviewed at her door. The storm door was ajar and she never came outside. She spoke to the reporter inside the slightly opened storm door. It was in that footage that I heard that the son said he saw Shannan's footprints in the sand and that she seemed drugged..out of it...) and apparently yet another Barbara who made the third 911 call...and still it took LE another half hour to get there.

I don't have any problem confusing Barbara Hackett with any other Barbara and I don't believe she admitted seeing SG that night or that she called 911. And I believe the Cannings that lived at 35 Anchor Way were Thomas and Eleanor Canning. So that only leaves one other Barbara, Barbara Brennan who called 911. Since these names were mentioned in MSM I am assuming it is okay to name them here to try to clear up any confusion. If not, please remove.

I have never heard of a video of Eleanor Canning coming to the door or her son. Just a written article where they were mentioned and the foot print was mentioned. If anybody has a copy or a link I would love to see it.

I don't have any problem confusing Barbara Hackett with any other Barbara and I don't believe she admitted seeing SG that night or that she called 911. And I believe the Cannings that lived at 35 Anchor Way were Thomas and Eleanor Canning. So that only leaves one other Barbara, Barbara Brennan who called 911. Since these names were mentioned in MSM I am assuming it is okay to name them here to try to clear up any confusion. If not, please remove.

I have never heard of a video of Eleanor Canning coming to the door or her son. Just a written article where they were mentioned and the foot print was mentioned. If anybody has a copy or a link I would love to see it.
Thanks you're right about the names Eleanor v. Barbara. EC is the one I saw on video, speaking to a reporter, with her storm door ajar. Her son was not seen on the news video. That video has been gone for almost a year. Tried to find it a few times after the doc videos started disappearing but had no luck.

Then lets go with what we know:

JB's lie detector test was inconclusive. Means, he said, he hadn't his hand in Shannan Gilbert's death and the result on that question was "he doesn't lie". But he also said, he had no intention of having sex with her and didn't lie either, so LE threw the whole thing away as inconclusive because they didn't believe it at all.
But the logical solution to discrepancy is, that he didn't kill SG because SG's death wasn't murder at all. And he had no intention to have sex with her because he is a voyeur and wanted to watch SG having sex with the drifter. Which explains the presence of the drifter in the first place.
Another thing, we know, is, she was last seen leaving for Oak Beach. So the timing is right.
And we have Coletti, who not only saw SG but also an Asian looking guy following her in a black SUV (Brewer's own SUV was white). That leaves us at this time of the night and the low number of Asians in black SUVs in Oak Beach with Pak. Nobody said, Pak actually found SG alive and did anything to her.
But with three persons saying, she was there (Brewer, Gus, Pak) and one more witness pin pointing her not far from Brewer's house (Coletti), chances are high, she was actually there.

It has always amazed me that people has accepted MP's statements about that night and what went on in Brewer's house as "the facts" in the case. We actually have no reliable witnesses. Not Brewer. Not GC who told Nancy Grace he did not let SG in and then changed his story to an elaborate one about letting her in and not MP who said he saw her under the boat and then poof she disappeared into thin air and so basically did he. And then we have no explanation for "the drifter" whatsoever. I would say we absolutely know nothing about that night for sure.

Thanks to you both.
Peter I understand that but, my comment was more what Redbird is getting at. I don't doubt that she went there and somehting happened. I have doubts on many parts of the story we have heard. Too much time and shadiness and that's JMO.I have a list of things but won't go on.

It seems that every palyer in the game that night has something to hide or this wouldn't have lasted this long.

That or we are all really far off base. Shannan really did just happen to be an angel of coincidence.

The initials of Mrs Canning are EC and the address is 35 Anchor Way. She has the son who talked to the media about the sand. Barbara, or BB, is supposedly the gal who saw Shannan last and she has to live further south from the Cannings.

I digress and still think CPH, by his own admission, saw Shannan last after BB. And it could be he was either going or coming from his house, saw her, stopped to tt her and yanked her in the vehicle. That is what her Mom heard on the 911 call !!! IMO As hard as I try I can't rule that possibility out.

Thanks you're right about the names Eleanor v. Barbara. EC is the one I saw on video, speaking to a reporter, with her storm door ajar. Her son was not seen on the news video. That video has been gone for almost a year. Tried to find it a few times after the doc videos started disappearing but had no luck.

NIX, lol, Sorry as I hadn't read all of the posts.

The initials of Mrs Canning are EC and the address is 35 Anchor Way. She has the son who talked to the media about the sand. Barbara, or BB, is supposedly the gal who saw Shannan last and she has to live further south from the Cannings.

I digress and still think CPH, by his own admission, saw Shannan last after BB. And it could be he was either going or coming from his house, saw her, stopped to tt her and yanked her in the vehicle. That is what her Mom heard on the 911 call !!! IMO As hard as I try I can't rule that possibility out.

The Gilbert family have not heard the 911 call.

Exactly who has heard (first hand, not an interpretation) the recording of SG's 23 minute 911 call... partially or in it's entirety (besides LE, of course)? Attorney? Robin Sax? Does anyone know?

I'd have to listen again, but am quite sure Sherre said this on the 'Here Women Talk' radio interview - that is the last thing heard on the call, telling someone to either stop it or leave her alone. The person who told of this interpreted it as someone trying to pull her into a car as she said this.

I'm not saying you're wrong tho ;}

And why hasn't the Gilbert family heard the 911 call??? How is that explained? How is it explained that WE DO NOT HAVE AN AUTOPSY report yet? AGHHH!!!! For what it is worth, MP was supposedly heard on the 911 call from JB's home.

"Meanwhile, the man who drove Gilbert to her encounter, in an interview by text message Friday, revealed for the first time that his voice can be heard on her 911 call. He says he has been cleared by a police lie detector test."

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2011/06/jersey_city_prostitute_still_m.html

I tend to believe that MP was heard on that 911 call. Someone here... was it Seaslug???... did a really great summary of what they thought happened that night. The summary was after we had analyzed the heck out of the cell phone records. I thought I had saved a copy of that summary because it matched what I believe to have happened in JB's home. Anyone have a link to that post??

Hi, There is a link somewhere, but I found this on Google: " . . . Shannon Gilbert the night she disappeared from a Long Island, N.Y., .... We saw her footprints in the sand," said Justin Canning, 20, who lives down the street.

"Serial-slay house raid
Police question john on Long Is.
By KIERAN CROWLEY, SELIM ALGAR and CHUCK BENNETT
Last Updated: 11:22 AM, December 16, 2010
Posted: 2:14 AM, December 16, 2010

*snipped*
In reference to Shannan Gilbert:

"That was the last time she was seen. We saw her footprints in the sand," said Justin Canning, 20, who lives down the street.

"She was in a panic. We thought she was on drugs." . . . .

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/s...W8naxbU8gaK5AJ

We are drifiting off topic here on the Manorville Bodies thread, but to complete my thoughts (and archive it for my future reference), here is a link to the post from SeaSlug that I think is probably pretty darn accurate about what happened in JB's house that night - what happened after that is unexplained IMHO.

SBM (Post #309, Thread=New Search For Shannan Gilbert Body, Found In Marsh – Thread #1 Page #13)
:
"On the tape of her 23 minute 911 call the police clearly heard an irate woman and the voices of both MP & JB attempting to be the voices of reason to calm her down. If/when we someday hear that tape, we are more than likely going to hear SG on a full blown manic rampage and then we are going to hear the calm and collective voices of both MP & JB repeating words like

"nobody is trying to hurt you"...

"all we want you to do is get in the car with Michael and go home"...

"he promises to take care of you"...

Get the idea?

I'm not saying that either man is innocent. I'm just trying to paint the picture of what the police are being forced to consider (and that is the actual facts)." .....

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7460962&postcount=309"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - New Search for Shannan Gilbert, Body found in Marsh[/ame]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KMac13
Back