Maricopa Jane Doe 1999 Thread #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I read that. Thanks for posting.. I started to believe a while ago she probably wasn't a local.. but I don't know.

How sad for no one to step up and claim this poor girl. It angers me soo much sometimes. I always try to imagine, that at least in one point in her life, she was happy without a worry in the world, and lived in a functional home..

If she was of "foreign" lineage though, maybe they don't KNOW she's dead let alone missing? OR they don't/didn't know how to start searching or where? Just trying to think of other scenarios on why nobody has stepped up to give her a name let alone take her home....

In researching this case, I've found 3 different forums with people investigating this case. I don't want to step on anyone's toes or offend anyone but I think if we all join forces, we could do alot more. How should I go about linking all the information?

If she was of "foreign" lineage though, maybe they don't KNOW she's dead let alone missing? OR they don't/didn't know how to start searching or where? Just trying to think of other scenarios on why nobody has stepped up to give her a name let alone take her home....

That's very true. It's surprising how many people don't even have access to the Internet, and around the time she went missing and died, the Internet wasn't such a glorified thing. Not everyone had it, so they had other, more difficult means of trying to find missing people. Alonzo Fernandez sounds of a Hispanic origin, maybe he had an accent and didn't even realize she had one because he's used to hearing one.

In researching this case, I've found 3 different forums with people investigating this case. I don't want to step on anyone's toes or offend anyone but I think if we all join forces, we could do alot more. How should I go about linking all the information?

When I came across ATI's site and seen MJD spotlighted there - I wrote explaining who I was, what I was interested in, invited them to come here and asked if I could have permission to not only link their site in my postings but also to copy large quantities of information (IE - full page info vs just a few sentences) Not sure if that's the same thing that you're looking for though?

The Maricopa Medical Examiner's site has some updated info - a list of girls compared to & ruled out as a match.

It really seems like momentum is building for our Jane Doe. I think joining forces is a wonderful idea.

The article referenced states (article by David)it was MM 193. But on other sites I'm seeing MM 173 (including other articles sited here). I'm guessing that's close to a 20 mile difference in location. Anyone know for sure the location or was it just a typo (the 193MM) Not trying to be "dumb" or "not get it" just want to make sure I'm looking at the right area!

Case File 813DFAZ

DPitcher.jpg
DPitcher2.jpg
DPitcher1.jpg

Left: Pitcher, circa 1993; Right: Age-progression at age 27 (circa 2006)
Danielle Therese Pitcher
Missing since May 23, 1993 from Sunizona, Cochise County, Arizona.
Classification: Lost, Injured, Missing

Vital Statistics
  • Date Of Birth: March 11, 1979
  • Age at Time of Disappearance: 14 years old
  • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'1"; 112 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; blue eyes
  • Clothing: White tank top, white shorts, black boots with a heel.
Has this girl ever been considered?

Ladies, help me out here - her eyebrows were "plucked thin". Does that mean they were originally thick or would that be just for shaping them?

The article referenced states (article by David)it was MM 193. But on other sites I'm seeing MM 173 (including other articles sited here). I'm guessing that's close to a 20 mile difference in location. Anyone know for sure the location or was it just a typo (the 193MM) Not trying to be "dumb" or "not get it" just want to make sure I'm looking at the right area!

I've mostly seen MM 173 referenced. I think 193 may be a typo, however I'm not sure.. isn't 193 where they caught up with the car?

Ladies, help me out here - her eyebrows were "plucked thin". Does that mean they were originally thick or would that be just for shaping them?

From the photos, her brows look carefully shaped to me.

It could be either way, her eyebrows appear to be plucked thin, and shaped to the brow bone. The eyebrow hair closer to her nose gives a good indication that her eyebrows were probably thick.

Case File 813DFAZ

DPitcher.jpg
DPitcher2.jpg
DPitcher1.jpg

Left: Pitcher, circa 1993; Right: Age-progression at age 27 (circa 2006)
Danielle Therese Pitcher
Missing since May 23, 1993 from Sunizona, Cochise County, Arizona.
Classification: Lost, Injured, Missing

Vital Statistics
  • Date Of Birth: March 11, 1979
  • Age at Time of Disappearance: 14 years old
  • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'1"; 112 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; blue eyes
  • Clothing: White tank top, white shorts, black boots with a heel.
Has this girl ever been considered?

I didn't see on the ME website that Danielle Therese Pitcher has been ruled out. This should probably be forwarded to LE.. the age isn't too far off, so she is definitely a possibility.

I'm curious that the ME is looking for photos of the ring to post on their site, but never have listed it as one of her possessions! What else isn't being listed?

I'm curious that the ME is looking for photos of the ring to post on their site, but never have listed it as one of her possessions! What else isn't being listed?

I don't know, but I'd really like to know what articles of clothing she was wearing..

I don't post much, but I have been actively reading this case. I find it hard to believe that someone, somewhere doesn't miss this beautiful child.

However, I was thinking about the clothing. Why no release of information on what type of clothing she had on? (I know there is a thread on this.) Also, why not a picture of the tattoo she had -- or at least a sketch? I could understand why no picture of the tattoo if she has severe road rash in that area.

In reading it says that they picked up LDJ, I wonder if the two females didn't argue (maybe about the driver) and LDJ pushed MJD out of the car. Maybe the two (male and LDJ) threatened harm to MJD and she felt she had a better chance of survival if she jumped.

I don't know what to think, but you all are doing an excellent job researching this. I wish I had more to offer.

ETA: One more thought...on her dental work. I have lived abroad and know that some medical practices differ from what would be done in the States. I am just curious if there would be a way to tell if she was foreign just by the detail/appearance of her dental work (i.e. different materials used for fillings, etc).

I don't post much, but I have been actively reading this case. I find it hard to believe that someone, somewhere doesn't miss this beautiful child.

However, I was thinking about the clothing. Why no release of information on what type of clothing she had on? (I know there is a thread on this.) Also, why not a picture of the tattoo she had -- or at least a sketch? I could understand why no picture of the tattoo if she has severe road rash in that area.

In reading it says that they picked up LDJ, I wonder if the two females didn't argue (maybe about the driver) and LDJ pushed MJD out of the car. Maybe the two (male and LDJ) threatened harm to MJD and she felt she had a better chance of survival if she jumped.

I don't know what to think, but you all are doing an excellent job researching this. I wish I had more to offer.

ETA: One more thought...on her dental work. I have lived abroad and know that some medical practices differ from what would be done in the States. I am just curious if there would be a way to tell if she was foreign just by the detail/appearance of her dental work (i.e. different materials used for fillings, etc).

I thought of that, and I posted it earlier. I think that the possibility that LDJ pushed her out, or MJD jumping out makes more sense. I don't see how someone driving a car could possibly open the passenger door, with someone between them, keep up a 75mph pace on the interstate,high on marijuana.. and push her out without her struggling and leaving some kind of defense mark on him. I wonder if DeJong or Fernandez showed any marks from MJD defending herself.

And what you mentioned about the dental work.. yes, you're right. I know that in Mexico and South America they use silver instead of gold. But, do they always mention that in a ME report?..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody