Maricopa Jane Doe 1999 Thread #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
While I was researching the origin/meaning of a blue heart and whether or not it might be a common tattoo for a prostitute, I happened upon the website of a crime novelist by the name of Andrew Vachss. Mr. Vachss is a grass roots writer/attorney/advocate and his cause is stamping out child abuse. Here is the link to his site:
http://www.vachss.com/andrew.html

Interestingly enough, Mr. Vachss has a blue heart tattooed on his hand. I took a chance and emailed him a letter with a synopsis of the MJD case with links to WS etc...I asked him if this is a case he could foresee either advocating for or writing about....I will let you know if he sends anything back....

While I was researching the origin/meaning of a blue heart and whether or not it might be a common tattoo for a prostitute, I happened upon the website of a crime novelist by the name of Andrew Vachss. Mr. Vachss is a grass roots writer/attorney/advocate and his cause is stamping out child abuse. Here is the link to his site:
http://www.vachss.com/andrew.html

Interestingly enough, Mr. Vachss has a blue heart tattooed on his hand. I took a chance and emailed him a letter with a synopsis of the MJD case with links to WS etc...I asked him if this is a case he could foresee either advocating for or writing about....I will let you know if he sends anything back....

Hey, that's a very good idea. What an interesting find.. maybe she did come out of an abused home.. it seems to be that would make a lot of sense since no one is claiming her..

I am asking a friend of mine who is a former prostitute to contact people who may have worked on E Van Buren in 99, and might recognize her in case her tattoo is significant..

I wish I still resided in Phoenix.. I feel like I could do so much more if I still lived there.. *sigh*

Does anyone in here actually live there?

I'm so happy to see some new momentum on this case! You have all come up with some awesome ideas. Something else I thought of.....even if she was a prostitute (and I'm not sure I believe that!), wouldn't she have had a purse? If she truly was planning to go from Arizona to Florida, she had to have SOME possessions with her, right? And, I was trying to book a hotel room in the Phoenix area this past January and the rates were outrageous! The hotel rep told me that it was their busiest season. If she was a prostitute, she may have been there just to "cash in." I live in Vegas and it happens here all the time! Prostitutes and dancers come in from all over the country for big boxing matches and other events. She could have come from anywhere under that scenario!

Does anyone have access to a phone book or directory of some kind from Phoenix during this time? Her eyebrows look professionally and very recently done to me and I wonder if it would be worthwhile to find any salons in area who may recognize her photo.

Just a thought.

Does anyone have access to a phone book or directory of some kind from Phoenix during this time? Her eyebrows look professionally and very recently done to me and I wonder if it would be worthwhile to find any salons in area who may recognize her photo.

Just a thought.

Good idea. Is that something that might be posted on-line? Maybe the library?

I don't know if anyone has done this... but I made a video on youtube in hopes that someone searching might stumble upon it...

theres the link if its any interest to anyone..

The library is a good place to look. There may even be a book called the City Directory from R.L. Polk. It's like a phone directory on steroids - name, address & occupation (or at least the old ones did), plus reverse listings by street.
Or, I could look up some - I have a 1995 PhoneDisc Directory, but that would be a few years older.

I don't know if anyone has done this... but I made a video on youtube in hopes that someone searching might stumble upon it...

theres the link if its any interest to anyone..

That's a wonderful video Vashley. I hadn't seen the white cross at the end of the video previously. Is that at the mile marker she was found on I-10?

That's a wonderful video Vashley. I hadn't seen the white cross at the end of the video previously. Is that at the mile marker she was found on I-10?

Yes, I got it from attempttoidentify.com from a trip that was made down there and the memorial was put up for her.

Hopefully soon! Has anyone inquired about her clothing?.. Or would it be safe for me to email/call Suzi Dodt and ask?

I just posted this on the Possible Matches thread, but just FYI. Last night, I sent Elena's info to the Maricopa investigators as a possible match. I also explained what we are doing here and asked if we can have access to the police and ME's reports. You never know! Of course will let you all know immediately when I hear back.

I just posted this on the Possible Matches thread, but just FYI. Last night, I sent Elena's info to the Maricopa investigators as a possible match. I also explained what we are doing here and asked if we can have access to the police and ME's reports. You never know! Of course will let you all know immediately when I hear back.

I think once a Medical Examiner report is final, it becomes a public record, so there shouldn't be any problem with that.. at least that stands true with the hospital I work at.

Thanks for sending Elena's info! I hope we get something soon..

I think once a Medical Examiner report is final, it becomes a public record, so there shouldn't be any problem with that.. at least that stands true with the hospital I work at.

Thanks for sending Elena's info! I hope we get something soon..

YW and I hope you're right about the ME's report!

YW and I hope you're right about the ME's report!

I hope so too! No offense to our MJD, but I don't think there is a "Privacy Act" for the unidentified...

However, I can't verify anything because I'm sure it varies by state/county/etc.

I wish I knew for sure.. it is possible that it may have to be paid for, though..

Medical Examiner's reports are released to the press about well-known celebrities all the time though...

In the "Possible Matches" thread, it is being discussed that our MJD may not be a US citizen. And I think we're on to something here..

I have done some research on sex trafficking, and read that Phoenix is full of it, more so back then than now. And I read some very brutal, sad, sad stories coming from girls who were victimized and forced into the lifestyle of an underage prostitute.

Among every story, one really stick out to me, and it reminded me of our MJD. About her eyebrows..

In one girl's story, she said that she was tricked into the sex trade because a man and a woman had convinced her to become a "model". They of course, were charming to her, and took the girl to get her nails, hair and make up done. It made her feel good that these people were telling her she was pretty and went out and got all of these things done for her. But little did she know, that they were only preparing her to be "a child of the night".. I won't go into the rest, because I'm sure you know where that's going..

It seems very possible that she may have been involved in sex trafficking. Quite possibly against her will.

What do you guys think?

I think you are on to something here. I agree about the eyebrows. That stands out to me as well

I agree also Vashley. There are some very dark underworlds that most of us know nothing about. Think about how easy it would be for someone to kidnap a girl from overseas and force her into a life of prostitution. If she came from a poor family, not only would she be an easy target for believing any line about "a better life," but her family would likely not have the resources to search for her - if they ever even considered something was wrong! Some families may just believe their daughter is off living that better life! It's certainly a discouraging theory, but entirely plausible. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste