Maricopa Jane Doe 1999 Thread #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, that's weird I thought the article I had seen just said 17 as an average. But yes that's that, who'd come say: "Hello I'm 17 years old" rather than give her name?
Well the DN doesn't list it because actually it usually relies on ME's estimates rather than articles who are known to say a lot of whatever.

I dont know All I know is that this was listed as the Headline of one of the articles

"17 Year OLD"

These were in the paper 1 and 2 days After the accident. So I dont understand at that time how they KNEW she was 17. Unless the people in the car told them. So that just does not jive with me that a hitchhiker would hitch a ride get in and say hello Im 17 could I get a lift. Instead of getting in and saying Hi my name is so and so.....

I really, really, really hope that LE has more information that they're not releasing to the public :confused:

The only scenario I can think of is maybe the 18 yr old girl asked the UID some questions and the only thing she could remember was that the girl was 17?

Or, LE could know she was using an alias.

I just found a Facebook profile for a Lindsay DeJong it states she lives in Western Arizona I couldnt find a myspace page for her.

Yes, I had seen this page for Lindsay Dejong. I wouldn't have posted it nor her name though. There are always people who have the weird idea to harass others so for her own sake I thought better just go with the ring.

The only scenario I can think of is maybe the 18 yr old girl asked the UID some questions and the only thing she could remember was that the girl was 17?

Or, LE could know she was using an alias.

But an alias can sometimes be useful in tracing someone. I really feel like someone knows something.

I feel like lindsay may know more than she told police at the time (maybe because she was scared) , I wonder if they have tried hypnosis on her. Or maybe she was afraid of the man driving, maybe she thought she might be the next one to end up dead and she didnt tell on him. Or she thought that just because she was in the car the police might try to arresst her too even though she hadnt done anything wrong. But it has been so many years now maybe she has thought of more things or could answer some of the things we have been wondering.

Like what was she wearing did she have an accent? Did she mention any other states she might have visited or mention why she wanted to go to Florida.

I bet she wants the girl to be identified too. The names of these 2 were already out there before I posted them too. ALso they were in the newspaper as public record.

I've been lurking in this thread for a while and something jumped out at me. If that ring was hers, then maybe those are her initials. Most women with the middle initial "M" have the middle name Marie or Michelle. Maybe we should start looking at missing persons with those initials (if any)...

Boy, I thought I was finished work today... Ok. here's the info from the Jan. 30, 1999 article. Two things are listed differently than other sources - height (5'7") and location found (mile marker 193).

Height - 5'7"
Weight - 130 lbs.
Eyes - blue/grey
Hair - sandy blonde
Lips - thick, bowed
Eyebrows - thin, plucked
Estimated age - 17
Items - gold necklace with gold ring on it with letters "DMA"

Car - blue Cadillac
Speed - approx 75mph
Location - southbound I-10, near Sun Lakes, AZ

Persons in car:
Alonzo DeCarlo Fernandez, age 26
Lindsay DeJong
Charges - (Fernandez) - failure to render aid

Destination - Miami, FL
Origin - Ajax Mini-Mart (liquor store) 23rd st & Van Buren, an area frequented by prostitutes & drug dealers

Fernandez says she just jumped into the car. He said he was going to Miami. So did she. They picked up Lindsay DeJong. He said all three got in the front seat. (So they must have been out of the car at some point). They left. After (they were) smoking marijuana, her behavior changed, lots of talking, then suddenly she opened the door. He didn't stop because he was afraid, and saw people stopping to help her.

Okay, that should get around the copyright stuff...

I was thinking about the ring too. What stands out to me is the fact that she was wearing the ring on a necklace rather than on her finger. So, is it possible that the ring was too big for her and perhaps it might have been a boyfriends ring and those are his initials. Alot of girls used to wear their boyfriends class rings on necklaces.

I was thinking about the ring too. What stands out to me is the fact that she was wearing the ring on a necklace rather than on her finger. So, is it possible that the ring was too big for her and perhaps it might have been a boyfriends ring and those are his initials. Alot of girls used to wear their boyfriends class rings on necklaces.

We definitely need more info about the ring. Was it a class ring, man's ring, woman's ring, some kind of description could be helpful! Were the letters part of the ring design or an inscription inside the band, in which case it could even be an engagement or wedding ring (not likely given her age but you never know)

The ME has our Jane Doe listed as 64 inches in height MEASURED. So we know the newspaper article is not correct on this point. In the UDRS (Unidentified Decedent Reporting System) and every other posting I can find there was no mention of a ring. All of the reports say earrings and a navel ring. Yellow metal earring with a clear stone and two yellow metal earrings with black stones. One white metal navel ring. Why would the newspaper article not list these but include information about the necklace? Why would the necklace not be mentioned anywhere else? Is this misinformation from the article or something crucial to identifying her? How do we find out?

Just in case the ring on the necklace is accurate, I entered the initials in the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children in different orders to see what was there. I came up with a blond, blue eyed, 5'4, female missing from Oklahoma in 1992. The nose does appear different, but the initials are MCD. Sometimes Monograms appear with the last name larger and in the middle and sometimes people don't like their middle names and change them. Her monogram would be MDC. Monique Christine Daniels. It doesn't say if her DNA is entered in the National databases to be compared with our Jane Doe. What do you think?

I tried to do that Zanko and couldn't figure out how! I wish I was as good at this stuff as the rest of you guys! Good work, I think that she is a possible. You're right about the initials, with the middle one being larger and representing the last name, not the middle name. She would have been about 20 years old. It fits.

I tried to do that Zanko and couldn't figure out how! I wish I was as good at this stuff as the rest of you guys! Good work, I think that she is a possible. You're right about the initials, with the middle one being larger and representing the last name, not the middle name. She would have been about 20 years old. It fits.

I don't know. I use MJD's eyebrows as a facial marker when searching. And the part in her hair - which may have been changed during medical care. I'm disturbed by the ring.. It's not reported anywhere else but here on this thread. If she was wearing it on a chain, I believe it was a man's ring. I wish we could get more information!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214