Maricopa Jane Doe 1999 Thread #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't find the post right now - but I do recall Suzi Dodt (I think!) saying recently that they spoke again to LDJ and Alonzo recently. But knowing what we know now about Alonzo, I'm not sure I believe that!

Hi lovely people-moved myself and the kidlets up to a third floor apartment and all I have to show for it is a broken foot, lol!

Fairy, you are definitely quoting my recollection that somewhere LDJ had been interviewed recently....

kisses to all who are working so hard!

I lurk much more then I post but something just dawned on me while I was reading this thread. I believe that FMW63 was told by LE that MJD may be from Mojave County. One of the cities in this county is Colorado City, which is one of the "communities" that the FLDS populates. What if, and this is a big if, our MJD was one of the girls to escape from this sect. It was stated that her hair was quite long and her natural color was brown not blond. I know that she had the tattoo and her ears and navel pierced, which would have been forbidden but she could have rebelled and got them once she had made her escape. This could also be the reason why there was no one actively looking for her and why she was never reported as missing.

Please understand I am not trying to stir the pot but this should be looked into as a possibility. It would explain why she was forgotten so to speak.

MM ~

I lurk much more then I post but something just dawned on me while I was reading this thread. I believe that FMW63 was told by LE that MJD may be from Mojave County. One of the cities in this county is Colorado City, which is one of the "communities" that the FLDS populates. What if, and this is a big if, our MJD was one of the girls to escape from this sect. It was stated that her hair was quite long and her natural color was brown not blond. I know that she had the tattoo and her ears and navel pierced, which would have been forbidden but she could have rebelled and got them once she had made her escape. This could also be the reason why there was no one actively looking for her and why she was never reported as missing.

Please understand I am not trying to stir the pot but this should be looked into as a possibility. It would explain why she was forgotten so to speak.

MM ~

Thank you MM- any thing is possible so your insight is welcome!

MM, you just might be onto something!
How do we go about checking into that?

I'm not very knowledgeable about tattoos. I wonder if ME could determine when the tattoo was done? I know that there is a period of time that the tattoo would still be healing, but after that, I don't know if one could tell if a tattoo is 6 months old or 6 years old. Anyone have any knowledge of tattoos and how they age? It would be nice to know if it appeared to have been done recently. I also wonder if the navel ring was completely healed, and the ear piercings. I imagine that the ME would include in the profile if the piercings or tattoo was recently done, but I'm not sure.

A pic of the tattoo has not been posted has it? Will it be in any of the police or autopsy reports being sent? Will someone post it on WS if it is available? I can't remember seeing it, but I think I haven't.

it would be nice if they knew if any of this stuff was recent, maybe they didnt say so they didnt throw anyone off.. but some parents out there might read the descriptions and say ohhh not my daughter! she'd never have piercings or tattoos.. I have a heart tattoo I did myself when I was 13 or 14 on the left of my chest too, an outline of a heart with an outline of a cross inside (I did the best I could lol) but my grandmother didnt know I had it for awhile ..its really easy to hide in that spot same thing with belly piercing . and its so easy to just go get those done w/o parents consent these days.. either you can talk someone into signing for you or you can find someone that dont mind doing it illegally.. (and probably unsafe!)

so they're developing film huh? and its being sent to someone?? is it just of her?? evidence?? clothes?? jewelry?? it would be nice to get a side view of her face too!! (hair and def the teeth!) for some reason it makes them look totally different sometimes from the side or you can see details ya just dont see from the front of the face

MM ~

Hi everyone and welcome MM! Wow - this is a very interesting theory. It sure would explain why no one has been looking for her. If she left the sect - for whatever reason, it would not have been on good terms. It would also explain how she fell into a questionable lifestyle and rebelled by way of a tatoo and body piercings. If this is the case, I would think our best chance would be a sibling rather than a parent. I believe there is a group assisting the Lost Boys of the FLDS. Maybe we could contact them and see if they would check with the boys???

Thanks for the welcome. This case just tugs at the heart and at the mind. As for how to go about checking in to seeing if she is from the sect.....That is the million dollar question. I seriously doubt that anyone currently living in the sect would answer questions. I think that Fairy1 had a good idea with reaching out to people who have escaped. My only concern would be to make sure that MJD does not get "used" as an example by people who oppose the FLDS. Especially since we do not even know if she was once a part of this sect. But I think that it should still be looked into as a possibility.

I hope that all makes some sense.

MM ~

Isn't it kind of ironic that she was wearing FLDS looking attire in her forensic sketch?

Isn't it kind of ironic that she was wearing FLDS looking attire in her forensic sketch?

Her attire in the sketch from ME was made up....it was victorian shirt...NOT what she was actually wearing, we are working on getting pics and ME report.....will update as I am.

Her attire in the sketch from ME was made up....it was victorian shirt...NOT what she was actually wearing, we are working on getting pics and ME report.....will update as I am.

I know it wasn't her actual clothing, I just thought it was kind of ironic since that is the theory of discussion right now. I should have been more clear, I apologize.

Thanks for keeping us updated!

What do you all think of this theory? If it seems worth pursuing, there is a group called the New Frontiers for Families that has been working with the Lost Boys for some time now. If I can come up with the right approach, I believe I will contact them. The more I think about it, the more possible it seems to me - particularly if she was from Mohave County.

What do you all think of this theory? If it seems worth pursuing, there is a group called the New Frontiers for Families that has been working with the Lost Boys for some time now. If I can come up with the right approach, I believe I will contact them. The more I think about it, the more possible it seems to me - particularly if she was from Mohave County.

Thanks, Fairy. I, too, am looking into this myself.. let me know what you come up with and I will do the same.

ETA
I found something called the Jessop Girls.. which I guess is a female version of The Lost Boys?.. I am looking into this right now..

Thanks, Fairy. I, too, am looking into this myself.. let me know what you come up with and I will do the same.

Awesome Vashley! I have to say - I personally have some very strong feelings about the FLDS. This is why I have to be careful how I approach this. As MM pointed out, I don't want our little MJD to be a poster child used against the FLDS. However, if what we think we know about her proves to be correct, there is a direct correlation. As I said earlier, her parents will never come forward, we will need to find a sibling or cousin who remembers her. That's why I believe the Lost Boys will be our best chance. There are hundreds and hundreds of them. :furious:

Awesome Vashley! I have to say - I personally have some very strong feelings about the FLDS. This is why I have to be careful how I approach this. As MM pointed out, I don't want our little MJD to be a poster child used against the FLDS. However, if what we think we know about her proves to be correct, there is a direct correlation. As I said earlier, her parents will never come forward, we will need to find a sibling or cousin who remembers her. That's why I believe the Lost Boys will be our best chance. There are hundreds and hundreds of them. :furious:

Yes, I agree. We just need to approach it with a great deal of sensitivity, emphasizing our only purpose is to ID our MJD, and nothing more, no matter what our individual opinions may be about fundamental Mormonism.. although it's terribly difficult!

Great ideas - to contact the Jessop girls and the Lost boys groups.
MM, I think you have hit upon a good idea here. She may well be an runaway from an LDS compound. MJD has such a unique look to her. Very Eastern European looking tho. Beautiful little thing.

By the way, I am flying into Phoenix Thurs night. I live 3 hours northeast of Phoenix, but could overnight if there is anything important that needs to be done in person etc. I guess WS does have sleuthers in Phx that could do this too tho. Just offering.

Great ideas - to contact the Jessop girls and the Lost boys groups.
MM, I think you have hit upon a good idea here. She may well be an runaway from an LDS compound. MJD has such a unique look to her. Very Eastern European looking tho. Beautiful little thing.

By the way, I am flying into Phoenix Thurs night. I live 3 hours northeast of Phoenix, but could overnight if there is anything important that needs to be done in person etc. I guess WS does have sleuthers in Phx that could do this too tho. Just offering.

Thank you so much for your kind offer, ArizGiGi. I would ask if you wanted to pick the police report up, since calls are typically not "honored", but we already have that being done and it's en route, so I can't think of anything in particular. Christine and believe09 may have an idea for you.

Thanks again!

If I was in the area, I'd love to go and talk to a detective working on the case (since they say it is still open, right?) Maybe we could all sign a petition to release more photos and/or more information about MJD?

It's interesting that Lindsey reportedly remembered MJD's name may have been Carla or Cory. I always have thought she looks more like a Lisa. Anyone else have a name in mind when they see her? Just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raine73