Maricopa Jane Doe 1999 Thread #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone save the new composite before it was taken down?

I know there are many reasons to rule out Coral Hall (Coral's nose is longer than MJD, for one thing, and the height/weight is questionable) but man do the circumstances match up...not to mention that Lindsey Dejong said she thought the girl's name was Cory or Carla. I guess there's no chance that her nose could have been damaged that much from a fall, right?

It was the NCMEC composite that was taken down that I thought resembled Coral. What's getting me on that is the eyebrows. Corals were thinner. MJD had to have thicker natural eyebrows to get the shape she had. The ears are very different too.

I really don't think she is Coral Hall. I remember reading an article about Coral possibly being seen in Indiana sometime after her disappearance. It mentioned that she had a distinctive/noticeable scar on her neck (that was how the Indiana person recognized her- from the scar). I think that would rule her out probably.

ETA
I do still think that she looks like Ekaterina Shcherbakova (sp?) though- does anyone remember if she was checked out or what happened with that? I think someone submitted her and one or another of the LE agencies involved didn't think it was her, but no reason was given that I can recall and she isn't on the Maricopa MEs list of those ruled out. Really though I think MJD just isn't listed in any of the national databases at all, for whatever reason.

I want to believe that she is Coral Hall, but just.. the features throw me off so much. They really do have a lot of differences in their appearances. Someone had mentioned before that the circumstances would seem plausible and seem like they would be very much alike, and I agree most definitely. I can agree that MJD probably didn't have a very good home life. She probably was a truant, as I'm sure a teacher or classmate would have said something if it was out of the ordinary for her to not show up for school. She could be someone that somebody is missing dearly, but then again I wonder why she has been unidentified for so long if she really does have anyone. What did she do that was so wrong for nobody to want to step forward and ID her?

I wonder why the Gila police dept. has suspicions that she may be from the Mohave County area. If she is from there, I can sort of see why she wanted to get out of there! Nothing but miscellaneous desert, for the most part. Not a whole lot for a young girl to do. A lot of the "towns" up there are the types of towns that are so small and lack entertainment that many teens usually turn to drugs, alcohol and sex.

I would like to get a hold of Lindsay just to ask her if MJD mentioned something about being from that area. In fact, I just want LDJ to mention anything about what was talked about that day before the whole incident occurred. I want to call her, and I am strongly considering it. If no one else wants to, I guess I'll do it..:confused:

I really don't mind talking to strangers via telephone, I just don't know how to go about my whole incentive without her getting upset or angry. I don't know her position on discussing the events that day or the people involved. I don't intend to be aggressive or pushy.. and I want to get the point across to her that we are only trying to IDENTIFY the girl.

And yes, it's a bit intimidating.. :bang:

Contacting LDJ

Has anyone spoken to Christine or Believe09? I would talk to either of them first and see what they suggest. The contact has to be made with much sensitivity, imo.

Contacting LDJ

Has anyone spoken to Christine or Believe09? I would talk to either of them first and see what they suggest. The contact has to be made with much sensitivity, imo.

I agree.

With the possibility that she is from Mojave County, it would be worth looking at all of the area school's yearbooks and class photos. ME believes she was between 13-18 in 1999 and have indicated that they feel she was more likely on the younger range of the age estimate. How many schools are in the area? Anyone know anything about the area?

Kingman High School South Campus has the archives of old year books last I checked. I'll call today and find out.

I have not heard back from reporter :( I emailed her a few days ago. I will email again and also leave VM.

You all are rocking. I have been slammed in 'real' life with work...been following. :woohoo:

I was able to find the ncmec post on her in the cache, but the new composite wasn't there. :( I really want to see it!

Contacting LDJ

I am in the process of getting with Christine

I'm on the phone with believe09 (she is very busy moving that is why she has been MIA, PC not yet rehooked)....

Believe09 asks....FMW63...in your contact w/LE did you find out if they have contacted LDJ recently? Don't they think Maricopa Jane Doe is from Mojave Cty (sp?)?

believe09 and I are in agreement, since LE is involved and FMW63 is working so well with them...first let's go to FMW....see what has been found out recently, LE may have recenltey spoke to LDJ...yes? LE may get a lot more info for us then we can get.....We also do not want to stalk ;)

Thoughts?

Hi. I don't remember the detective specifically saying they spoke recently. I was at work when he called, and was trying to do several things at once. Maybe I'll get time to call him back.

Thanks for the update on beleive I have been wondering where she's been hinding LOL

Just got word that the report will be sent out this week. The photos (and invoice), however, will take 2-3 weeks, as they were on 6 rolls of film and have to be sent for processing & printing..:eek:

ok, what did I get into now:confused:

FMW...sorry to hear how busy you are.....it would be great if you could contact the detective and find out when they last interviewed LDJ.....can you do this or are you comfy w/believe09 and I taking contact info and handling?

If I can't get to it by lunch time tomorrow (Friday), go ahead. I'll send you the number now. :behindbar

Hi. I don't remember the detective specifically saying they spoke recently. I was at work when he called, and was trying to do several things at once. Maybe I'll get time to call him back.

I can't find the post right now - but I do recall Suzi Dodt (I think!) saying recently that they spoke again to LDJ and Alonzo recently. But knowing what we know now about Alonzo, I'm not sure I believe that!

You all are doing such a great job! Let me know if I can help in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RLP