Maricopa Jane Doe 1999 Thread #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The age may be throwing them off-Michaela would have been 20 at the time of MJD death, and they strongly believe Jane Doe was younger...

Some people appear younger than their age, though! I'm almost 20 and people think I'm 16. I know there are certain bones that don't fuse until around the age of 20. That's probably why they are so sure she's younger. The new composite makes her look much older, though. I mean, not ridiculously, but as though she could be as young as 15, or as old as 20, for sure.

fmw63 will most likely get the police report first, as he applied a while ago.. sorry that was a late answer, absinthe. If not, we sure can!

As far as I know NO. Her DNA is not there. I think this might be the case of a parent not wanting to face facts. Did you notice the eyes

Another message from myspace person who was trying to help with this. She sent Michaela's mom photos of Jane Doe and all info:

Michaela's mom doesn't think that this is Michaela. So far I think she's only looked at the two available composite drawings and not the actual post-mortem pictures.

She did mention that LE already has their DNA, so I would assume that perhaps it's already been checked against this Jane Doe? I don't want to push this..

this was posted by Christine in the "Possibles" thread.

JDB!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where ya been bud?????? :blowkiss:

YES, that is exactly what I was thinking.....wanted someone else besides me to mention. TY.

Work has been kicking my Arse lately. 10 hours on a PC at work last thing I want is to turn the home one on.
I will tell ya what. When I saw the drawing and brought Michela back up. I got chills.

Hi everybody!

Wow - new information!!! Thank you FMW - Super Sleuther! I too have always felt strongly about Michaela. I was just looking back on the Possible Matches thread and found some correspondence between our Christine and a Myspace poster. I can't tell how long ago it was, but it appears that Michaela was brought to Suzi Dodt's attention. I actually can't recall if MJD's DNA is in CODIS. If it is, I have to assume they've already checked it out - right? I completely understand her mother's feelings. But if both girl's DNA is in the system, she doesn't need to look at the PM photos. We need to ask Suzi if they followed through on this.

If MJD is not Michaela, at least we have a little more information now - and more on the way. You guys rock!!! :clap:

I noticed on the NEW Composite pic they have her wearing a Flannel type shirt. As someone mentioned before this was a popular sytle back then.

This story just keeps getting better & better:

I just got a call from a detective with the Gila Valley PD. They were contacted by the Pinal County Sheriff's Dept. after I requested the police reports. They are working with them on this, since it happened in their area. He was very friendly and told me quite a bit more about this story. They seem to have info that suggests maybe she's from the Mojave County area, so they're looking at missing girls from that area. Also, they're going to check old juvenile records too, which aren't on computer yet.

He also mentioned Lindsey Dejong is in the Spokane area. She thinks the girl may have mentioned her name as Carla or Cory or something like that, but couldn't remember anything else at all.

Good ole Alonzo apparently is an illegal alien, and skipped bail after he was charged with (& conviceted of ) leaving the scene of an accident, but it's possible he was deported to Brazil:eek: a couple of years ago.

They are also trying to get the story on America's Most Wanted!

So... that's today's story in a nutshell... :woohoo:

Ht. and wt. are off, but this got me thinking about Coral Peal Hall again. She was mentioned as a possible match in an earlier thread but no reply. Coral is listed as awfully tiny for her age, and went missing just a few months before MJD was found. I think Coral bears a resemblence to the recent NCMEC composite added for MJD. Ears are off..... and I don't know if Corals information is accurate for ht and wt, or if a 14 yr old could grow that much in a few months. It also stuck out that the ME believes MJD is on the younger part of the age range.

What does everyone think?
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/hall_coral.html

There's another composite slightly different at this site: http://meyahna.tripod.com/pg6.html It takes you to ATI when you click on it, but the composite (IMO) is better than the computer generated one they were using before.

I received the app Saturday for the ME report...I'm off to the bank after work to get the money order and sending it tomorrow!

This story just keeps getting better & better:

I just got a call from a detective with the Gila Valley PD. They were contacted by the Pinal County Sheriff's Dept. after I requested the police reports. They are working with them on this, since it happened in their area. He was very friendly and told me quite a bit more about this story. They seem to have info that suggests maybe she's from the Mojave County area, so they're looking at missing girls from that area. Also, they're going to check old juvenile records too, which aren't on computer yet.

He also mentioned Lindsey Dejong is in the Spokane area. She thinks the girl may have mentioned her name as Carla or Cory or something like that, but couldn't remember anything else at all.

Good ole Alonzo apparently is an illegal alien, and skipped bail after he was charged with (& conviceted of ) leaving the scene of an accident, but it's possible he was deported to Brazil:eek: a couple of years ago.

They are also trying to get the story on America's Most Wanted!

So... that's today's story in a nutshell... :woohoo:

Thanks FMW! I have to say reading this post just broke me down. I couldn't help but cry thinking that this child may finally have an identity. I'm AMAZED at all the work you guys have put into this case (and others). I read here daily (was going through withdrawals this weekend) in hopes that there is some good news. Since I looked at MJD's morgue photos so many nights I see her in my dreams; it's eery (sp?). I wish I knew who she was - I can't imagine not knowing where my child is, if I had one to worry about.

My prayers continue that this child will be identified.

I received the app Saturday for the ME report...I'm off to the bank after work to get the money order and sending it tomorrow!

Awesome! Thank you. Everyone's hard work is really paying off. I'm so glad this case is more active again. I think the Police/ME reports will definitely display some much needed absent information that may help in identifying her. I wonder what made them think she may have been missing from the Mojave County area, did she say something to LDJ or Alonzo about being from there, I wonder?..

I think the Lindsey on myspace that we found is the correct one. She isn't saying anything to keep from incriminating herself or she's afraid to talk. It's too bad she wouldn't let somebody know what the real truth is about this dead girl. She has to know more about her.

I think the Lindsey on myspace that we found is the correct one. She isn't saying anything to keep from incriminating herself or she's afraid to talk. It's too bad she wouldn't let somebody know what the real truth is about this dead girl. She has to know more about her.

or maybe time has gone by and she put this in her past based on being a teenager a decade ago and giving all the information she was able to provide at the time. I haven't written her off. I would much rather she read here, get to know us and WS a little better and be comfortable with whomever she shares with. Has some time to go back and think of a few more things that she may or may not recall if she had responded immediately.

Yeah Lindsey De Jong if you happen to read here, we are a friendly bunch. No one wants to attack you or make acusations, our one and only goal here is getting this girl identified. Her family deserves to know what happended to her and you may unknowingly hold that tiny shred of evidence that could give her, her name back. Please Lindsey I believe you are a mother yourself now and just think of the heartache you would feel as a mother no knowing what happended to your child. So if you happen to lurk here or run across us by googling your name I Hope you would please join us...

I just posted another Looking for Lindsey Dejong Spokane at city data, I didnt say why so maybe they wont delete this time LOL

http://www.city-data.com/forum/peop...ndsey-dejong-de-jong-spokane.html#post3970729

Ok I have an idea , does someone have a myspace for her other than Attempt to Identify??? Got the idea to do the myspace thing and then add her to the schools in the Mohave area see if anyone recoginzes her from those schools....

Ht. and wt. are off, but this got me thinking about Coral Peal Hall again. She was mentioned as a possible match in an earlier thread but no reply. Coral is listed as awfully tiny for her age, and went missing just a few months before MJD was found. I think Coral bears a resemblence to the recent NCMEC composite added for MJD. Ears are off..... and I don't know if Corals information is accurate for ht and wt, or if a 14 yr old could grow that much in a few months. It also stuck out that the ME believes MJD is on the younger part of the age range.

What does everyone think?
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/hall_coral.html

I've been thinking about Coral Hall.. and I think she should be looked into.. just incase!!! its close, it takes her not too far away from az, the only thing that stands out to me is the height..but if the ME are off 1 inch and the grandma is off 2 inches??.....I feel so bad for Coral's home life :(

ETA: I also wonder why they took that one listing for Miss Maricopa off that Site!?!!?! anyone find out any info about that!?!?

ETA again!: The picture of Coral Hall has Christmas stuff so it might of been a picture from the year before (maybe???) so maybe she grew into her ears???

MJD's poster has been removed from the NCMEC site. I wonder if they have figured out who she may be? I looked at the ME website and her case is still open on there, though..

http://blog.mlive.com/flintjournal/newsnow/2008/04/sightings_of_coral_hall_missin.html

there's an article on the coral hall possible sightings..

ANOTHER ONE WITH another picture!!!! with teeth showing of coral hall

http://www.mlive.com/flintjournal/index.ssf/2008/03/flint_mich_police_take_fresh_l.html

Good find! It would make a lot of sense.. and they said she was possibly sighted in Utah..

The only reason I think Coral Hall may not be MJD, is that Coral has a lot of distictive features that I fail to see on MJD, although I'm sure her trauma could have screwed with things, such as her nose. Coral has a thinner nose, where as MJD has a flatter, fuller smaller nose. And the ears. MJD's ears look more tapered in the middle, where as Coral's are rounder and fuller and protrude significantly. Although it could just be the angle MJD is in in the morgue photo.

Either way, I hope the reason they took MJD's photo down is because they found a potential match- or her identity..

MJD's poster has been removed from the NCMEC site. I wonder if they have figured out who she may be? I looked at the ME website and her case is still open on there, though..
Hi! I am a newbie here at WS but have been lurking here for a while hoping that this poor girl will finally be identified. I too went on NCMEC looking for her but she's not there. Does anyone know of any other reason, besides being identified, why she would be off their website?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scorpioo18