Maricopa Jane Doe 1999 Thread #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone checked out Coral Hall? This is her age progression picture if she were alive

NCMC857702e1.jpg

and this was her Missing picture in 1999:
NCMC857702c1.jpg

She was missing from Flint, MI in 1998 and I did not see her name on the list of exclusions at the ME's site. She would have been 14 at the time of her disappearance so perhaps she grew a couple of inches but the face looks like a possibility.

I searched and realized some of you had already mentioned Coral Hall but she is not on the ME's list at all.

Has anyone checked out Coral Hall? This is her age progression picture if she were alive

NCMC857702e1.jpg

and this was her Missing picture in 1999:
NCMC857702c1.jpg

She was missing from Flint, MI in 1998 and I did not see her name on the list of exclusions at the ME's site. She would have been 14 at the time of her disappearance so perhaps she grew a couple of inches but the face looks like a possibility.

I searched and realized some of you had already mentioned Coral Hall but she is not on the ME's list at all.

Hi, Marstan! Coral is on the possible matches thread:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61833

my issue with her is the scar across her throat and the 5 inch height difference. I do not recall specifically, but I thought someone was going to call her into Michigan to see how profound the scar on her throat was and what chances the height was off....

I thought about the scar as well but MJD may have had road rash which would "erase" the scar to where it wasn't noticeable. Also, my son grew about four inches in one year in junior high.

I did not notice the ME's list including her on the possibles and that is why I reposted this.

Jeez, I hope we can find out who MJD is.

Here in my hometown we have a UID who was aged between 15-20 years of age and she had been shot with a shotgun in the face. It also happened in Jan. 1999. She was found near the river, not buried at all. I have always wondered who she might be.

I've always liked Coral as a match, as she is a perfect age, came from a very dysfunctional home life, has similar features (particularly the lips), is from the East, and not in the least, because "Coral" sounds so similar to Carla and Cory. I keep waiting for her to be ruled out but she never is..

I thought about the scar as well but MJD may have had road rash which would "erase" the scar to where it wasn't noticeable. Also, my son grew about four inches in one year in junior high.

I did not notice the ME's list including her on the possibles and that is why I reposted this.

Jeez, I hope we can find out who MJD is.

Here in my hometown we have a UID who was aged between 15-20 years of age and she had been shot with a shotgun in the face. It also happened in Jan. 1999. She was found near the river, not buried at all. I have always wondered who she might be.

Start a thread and we would be happy to try and help!!!

I've always liked Coral as a match, as she is a perfect age, came from a very dysfunctional home life, has similar features (particularly the lips), is from the East, and not in the least, because "Coral" sounds so similar to Carla and Cory. I keep waiting for her to be ruled out but she never is..

To quote our good friend Cubby (date of post 6/27/2008)

Wasn't it recently posted somewhere LE is working on confirmed sightings of Coral in NE Indiana- Merriville and Gary- after she went missing. She was sighted with another runaway with her, along with an adult male. they were spotted at a Motel. There was a link with the post, I just can't seem to find it right now

To quote our good friend Cubby (date of post 6/27/2008)

Wasn't it recently posted somewhere LE is working on confirmed sightings of Coral in NE Indiana- Merriville and Gary- after she went missing. She was sighted with another runaway with her, along with an adult male. they were spotted at a Motel. There was a link with the post, I just can't seem to find it right now

Thanks Believe! I wonder if her DNA is in CODIS, just in case.

http://blog.mlive.com/flintjournal/newsnow/2008/03/flint_mich_police_take_fresh_l.html
http://blog.mlive.com/flintjournal/newsnow/2008/04/sightings_of_coral_hall_missin.html
Those are the links to the articles on Coral Pearl Hall. I think that the sightings were- 2 people told police recently that at the time of Corals disappearance people told them that they had seen Coral in Indiana. Those people apparently recognized her from the scar on her neck. Its a little more clear if you read the articles. I think the second one has more info on the sightings.

It doesn't look like anyone did actually contact the LE in Michigan about Coral Hall though it was mentioned in that part of the thread.
Detective Sgt. Greg Hosmer is the person who's in charge of her case though, and someone posted this number for the Flint Police Department
810-766-7036 if anyone wants to call?

Those posts are in Thread 4, (pg 3, starting around post 64ish?). I'm a little too klutzy to quote from everyones post though sorry:)

edit- I haven't seen anything that lists her DNA as being available in any database but I'll check.

IMO our MJD hadn't been on the streets too long, given her general appearance. Coral Hall "went missing" 09/98. MJD died 01/99. Hmm. Think I'll head over to the Possible Matches thread.

Maricopa Jane Doe Case No. 99-0305

Briefs
1/26/1999 (shortly after 2 pm) – “Fell, jumped, or was pushed from the passenger door of a moving vehicle in Pinal County, AZ) and suffered “massive head trauma and several broken bones”
1/26/1999 - Found on I-10 eastbound, mile post 173.5 near Sun Lakes in Pinal County, AZ
1/26/1999 – Taken to Scottsdale Osborn Hospital via ambulance where she lived 1 day
1/27/1999 – Died in Scottsdale, AZ at Scottsdale Osborn Hospital

Vital Statistics
Possible Name: “Carla” or “Cory” or “Corey”
Possible Residences: According to the police report, MJD reportedly had been in Arizona for two months and LE seems to have some information that she could be from Mojave County, AZ. Looking into the possibility of a Wisconsin connection.
Age: 13-16 years old (referred to in numerous newspaper articles as 17 years old, but the police report refers to her as being 15 and there is a witness that corroborates this)
Race: Caucasian
Height: 5’4”
Weight: 110-130 lbs.
Hair: Blonde hair with brown roots, 16” in length
Eyes: Blue/Grey
Facial Hair: Light brown, professionally done eyebrows
Body Hair: Brown
Pubic Hair: Brown
Tattoos: Irregular dark blue heart on chest, left of midline above left breast, 1”, nonprofessional
Piercings: Navel ring and at four ear piercings (two in each ear per the police report)
Jewelry: Two in each ear: One pair of yellow metal stud earrings with clear stones and one pair of yellow metal stud earrings with red stones, one white metal naval ring, one gold necklace with a golden metal ring with a small diamond bearing the initials “DMA” engraved on the face (per the police report), and a cross pendant with diamonds
Clothing: White shirt, black skirt, Guess? shoes
Pimp: Kelly Terrell Lipsey (DOB 8/9/1972) from Milwaukee, Wisconsin who says “KC Slim” is her pimp.
Dentals: Available
DNA: Entered into national database

Circumstances
-MJD was a prostitute
-Alonzo and Lindsey supposedly were going to Tucson on their way to Miami. They stopped at Ajax Mini Mart, where Lindsay went in and Alonzo made a marijuana deal behind the Ajax Mini-Mart.
-According to Alonzo, MJD “hopped into” vehicle without being asked
-Alonzo DeCarlo Fernandez, age 26, told her his destination was Miami, to which he reports saying she told him that was her destination as well
-Lindsay saw Alonzo drive off with the girl in the front seat. She reportedly hopped into Alonzo’s car at Ajax Mini-Mart (liquor store) on 23rd & Van Buren in Phoenix, AZ
-Lindsay paged Alonzo from the Mini-Mart to come pick her up (when she was done in the store)
-They stopped to pick up Lindsey/Lindsay DeJong, age 18, who was reportedly the girlfriend of Alonzo DeCarlo Fernandez, and all three of them got into the front seat
-They stopped at some house on the way out of town (according to Lindsey DeJong) that MJD went into and stayed there for 20 minutes or more to purchase marijuana
-Then they proceeded to get onto I-10 eastbound
-Alonzo attempted to recruit MJD as his prostitute, but MJD said she wanted out because she was afraid of being beaten by someone in Phoenix if she didn’t get back, but Alonzo kept going
-Says they were smoking marijuana and MJD’s behavior changed and she got very talkative and “babbled” then said she needed to throw up, so she moved from the middle seat onto Lindsey’s lap, where she stuck her head out the window
-Moments later she suddenly jumped out of the passenger side window while traveling approximately 75 mph eastbound down I-10 (they were in the right lane where Alonzo reportedly was slowing down to stop, but she jumped before they did)
-Alonzo says they didn’t stop the car because he was afraid (why?) and that he saw people (who?) stopping to help MJD.
-Both claim to know nothing about the girl and neither know her name
-Car was pulled over at mile market 199 when they saw a police car behind them, before the lights were even turned on
-Witnesses include a few people, including truck drivers who saw what happened
[FONT=&quot]o[/FONT]Witnessess say that the car was all over the road and the driver was reaching around the back seat
[FONT=&quot]o[/FONT]One of the truckers who witnessed it that said he saw her "come straight out the passengers side window and land on the pavement rolling continously".
-One area resident (Robin L. Angers (originally from Milwaukee, WI) AKA Robin White (DOB 2-13-71))) who had seen MJD around told police that she was only 15 and had been turned down for a job at a nearby strip club ("Le Girls Nude Dance Club") because of her age. Her street name was Corey or Carla. Her pimp may have been the same guy who had been arrested for bringing another girl (13 years old) from “back east”
[FONT=&quot]o[/FONT]LE questioned the man that the nearby resident had mentioned was probably the pimp, who was already in jail for something else, but he said he knew nothing of the girl and had only been in town a few weeks.
-Surrounding business owners were questioned, as well as street prostitutes in the area

Alonzo DeCarlo Fernandez (POSSIBLE AKA “William Joseph Walker” with a different DOB of 6/10/1967)
-DOB: 7/28/1972
-Lengthy criminal history (drugs, robberies, prison)
-Reported by the police to be a pimp that was trying to recruit MJD (unsuccessfully)
-Rumored to be an illegal alien that was deported to Brazil “a couple of years ago” but turns out he was not deported anywhere…
-Charged with failure to render aid in this case and leaving the scene of an accident, but skipped bail
-Possibly has as many as 15 aliases
-Car: 4-door Dark Blue Cadillac Sedan DeVille

Lindsey Dawn DeJong (AKA Lindsey Dejung)
-DOB: 7/30/1980
-In the vehicle the day MJD fell from the car
-Name also spelt as “Lindsay”
-Reported by the police to be a prostitute that was being pimped out by Alonzo
-Purportedly from Spokane, WA
-Also claims to not know MJD’s name or anything about her then later claims her name is possibly “Carla” or “Cory” or something like that but couldn’t remember

Chief Investigator: Ron Rarmondi
Maricopa County ME Investigator: Suzi Dodts

IIRC from the LE report it was Robin Angers, a neighbor residing in the Van Buren area interviewed by LE, who gave the information that MJD's street name was Carla or Cory. That RA also tried to talk MJD out of prostitution, and provided LE with the information that MJD had applied to be a dancer at a strip club but was denied because of her age, only 15. RA, also provided the possible pimp as KTL and it was she who made the statement that MJD's pimp was the guy who was arrested from "back east" for trafficking the 13 yr old and a few other teenage minors. None of that info came from LDJ.

I'm still confused on who the manager of the car dealer saw on TV. Was it Alonzo who was interviewed on the news after the accident. I thought, that was who the car dealer saw fighting with the two girls, one who's clothing resembled what MJD was wearing that same day.

IMO, MJD was new to the streets, LDJ and Alonzo were familiar with her and attempted to recruit her. MJD had no street drugs in her system, and perhaps she was so incredibly scared after LDJ and Alonzo were high, IF she willingly jumped, she was in fear for her life and saw no other option thinking Alonzo would kill her. I think he slapped her around before she left the car, but am not convinved LDJ and Alonzo knew her real name. They may however have bits and pieces of information they have not shared to narrow an area or other relevent info in idy'ng MJD. though that's just my opinion.

I received a reply from the Phoenix outreach program that handles services for streetkids:

Dear Believe,

Thank you for your email. I am copying our program assistant, xxxx, on this email as she may be able to assist as well. Was it in 1999 that the girl passed away? If it was that long ago, we may have a harder time finding volunteers or kids from that time who may have known her, but we can try.

Thank you for contacting us. It is good to know that there are those who are working to preserve these lives, even in memoriam.

xxxx

I sent her a reply:

Dear Ms. xxxx-

How kind of you to write me back! Yes, she died in January of 1999. I knew it would be a stretch to reach out to you, but we have been working so hard to put a name to her face I felt I had to try.

What might make this worthwhile is that the man who might have been responsible for her street activity is still in operation in the Phoenix area, although at the moment he is currently behind bars. When our Jane Doe lost her life, KTL was charged with trafficking under-aged girls for sex. He was found with a 13 year old that he had brought from the East Coast. Fast forward almost 10 years later and he has continued to be charged for pandering, receiving money from a prostitute etc...

Our child was picked up on Van Buren at what was the Ajax Mini Mart. She was picked up by a man named ADF and his girlfriend/prostitute LDJ. They sat in the front seat of his vehicle, with our Jane Doe between them. They made a stop at a house outside of Phoenix and then pulled onto I-10. At mile marker 173, witnesses saw the vehicle swerving all over the highway and the driver reaching into the back seat. The next thing the witnesses saw was a female arm, and then an entire body fly out the window, hit the highway and roll over and over. Our Jane Doe died from head trauma, but had no other broken bones. She was beautifully groomed and wearing real gold jewelry with real diamonds. She had a home made tattoo over one breast that was a 1x1" blue heart. She had long hair, blond with substantial brown roots and blue eyes. She had never been pregnant and showed no sign of sexual trauma. She had no street drugs in her system. Her teeth were in good repair. She was 5'4" and between 120-130lbs. She was probably between 13-15 years of age; she had reportedly attempted to get a job as a dancer in the weeks leading up to her death but was turned down because she was not 16.

The occupants of the car ran from the scene and were pulled over 20 miles later. They claimed she had never stated her name and that she crawled across LDJ's lap and jumped out of the window because she was afraid to leave Phoenix. ADF was charged with failing to render aid and LDJ was never charged. Further investigation revealed sources that stated KTL was our Jane Doe's pimp....there were witnesses that worked and or lived at various locations on Van Buren that had either spoken with Jane Doe or noticed her. No one seemed to be able to remember a name.

This brings us to where we are today-I have morgue photos, and artists renditions of her. I want to make sure that you are either OK with seeing both, or that you would prefer the artist renderings of her....there is nothing gory about her photos, but they do have an absence of life that is always disturbing.

I appreciate any energy you can devote to this case; I am happy to add your organization to the resources we make available on our website!

Please take care.

Sincerely

Beautifully written, Believe. Thank you so much! :blowkiss:

In the police report both ADF and LDJ said that they thought MJD was a prostitute. Then there were a couple more people who also thought MJD was a prostitute. The police didn't recognized her as a known prostitute. Not sure if the ME would be able to determine if she was a prostitute or just sexually active. I'd say MJD is "thought to have been a prostitute."

It's pretty safe to assume she was a prostitute, sadly. I'll update my sheet though.

These are my bold/italic comments. please feel free to correct me where I am wrong.

I could be badly mistaken; I have always assumed that the man the sales manager saw on TV was KTL because at the time he was being shown on TV for having been caught trafficking a 13 year old girl from the East Coast...which is what brought LE to question KTl.

Great job with the summary!

Thanks! I'll update my Word document and repost when I get home from work.

Is there anything about the brand names or tags that were on MJD's clothing? I'd like to try looking into the clothing manufacturer and distributors to see if we can narrow down the purchase of her clothing to a specific region or state. It may point us in the right direction (as far as where she came from)...

Is there anything about the brand names or tags that were on MJD's clothing? I'd like to try looking into the clothing manufacturer and distributors to see if we can narrow down the purchase of her clothing to a specific region or state. It may point us in the right direction (as far as where she came from)...

As far as I can tell, there is nothing written further about the clothing after it is recorded in the Police Report. No brands, condition, size...

Maybe we could find out if the clothing is still in evidence???

As far as I can tell, there is nothing written further about the clothing after it is recorded in the Police Report. No brands, condition, size..

Just sent an email asking...:)

I just posted on another area of City Data asking about MJD

here it is (Believe) I used parts of your letter sense Im not as good at that part LOL

Phoenix Unsolved Mystery 1999
This Mystery is regarding a young unidentified girl who was allegedly picked up on East Van Buren in January 1999, and then was either pushed or fell from a moving vehicle on I-10 at 75 mph. The car she fell from didnt even bother to stop after she "exited" the car. They kept going and were stopped 20 miles from where she fell out. She died the next day before she could recover enough to state her name. Subsequent investigations brought to light the fact that she was between 13-15 years of age, was possibly working as a prostitute on East Van Buren.

My hope is that someone reading these boards maybe a former street kid might have an idea of who this child is. She was beautiful even in death, and deserves to be returned to those who have loved and lost her.
I am hoping that enough time has passed so that others who knew her might be willing to ID her.

She had blonde hair at the time that was possible originally light brown. Blue eyes, she was very clean and still very well groomed. I dont think she was away from home for very long.
She had some jewerly and some with real diamonds. Maybe you hold the clue to this mystery???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meekdoggydogg