Maricopa Jane Doe 1999 Thread #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
True, but even if she was emancipated, why wouldn't ANYONE be looking for her? Even if she had a falling out with her "family", you would think she would have friends or other relatives or co-workers, school mates, something? Sad to think she was so alone in the world.
One thing that Det. Hughes did ask was the condition of her teeth. I remember someone saying that her teeth were in good condition (from the ME report). He said that it sounds like she was most likely a foster child as they take good care of dental and medical while in foster care. That could also explain why no one is looking for her (parents, siblings, friends).

Lucy'smom, Thanks for the update! I was just wondering about this last night. :blowkiss:

On another note, I have come up with NADA on finding Robin. :banghead:
Maybe someone else can take a stab at it.

One thing that Det. Hughes did ask was the condition of her teeth. I remember someone saying that her teeth were in good condition (from the ME report). He said that it sounds like she was most likely a foster child as they take good care of dental and medical while in foster care. That could also explain why no one is looking for her (parents, siblings, friends).

I know of a foster care family in Yuma, AZ. I used to be very good friends with some of the girls.. but this was probably close to 7 years ago. I wonder if the family still resides there. I'd like to contact them, even though we suspect MJD may be from Wisconsin just to see if they can lead me in the right direction. I doubt MJD ever lived with them, but I guess it's worth a shot. They may be able to pass her picture/info along to social services or something. What do you guys think?

I know of a foster care family in Yuma, AZ. I used to be very good friends with some of the girls.. but this was probably close to 7 years ago. I wonder if the family still resides there. I'd like to contact them, even though we suspect MJD may be from Wisconsin just to see if they can lead me in the right direction. I doubt MJD ever lived with them, but I guess it's worth a shot. They may be able to pass her picture/info along to social services or something. What do you guys think?

It's worth a try! Heck, at this point just about anything is worth a try.

It's worth a try! Heck, at this point just about anything is worth a try.

I don't know how to do the whole yellow or white pages thing on how you guys get current numbers and stuff nor do I have time right now, but if I can PM someone with their names and area code, would someone be willing to try and get me their number?

Wisconsin Child Welfare Bureau emailed me back and forwarded MJD's information to the legal counsel and they will further assist us.

I am not allowed to post the email because of confidentiality issues.. :waitasec:

ETA

I cannot post everything, but the email sounds promising. They are contacting other counties in Wisconsin if nothing comes up for Milwaukee and said someone will be getting back to me. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

Wisconsin Child Welfare Bureau emailed me back and forwarded MJD's information to the legal counsel and they will further assist us.

I am not allowed to post the email because of confidentiality issues.. :waitasec:

ETA

I cannot post everything, but the email sounds promising. They are contacting other counties in Wisconsin if nothing comes up for Milwaukee and said someone will be getting back to me. Let's keep our fingers crossed!
Thank you!

ETA

Awesome! :woohoo:

Awesome Vashley! TY so much! :blowkiss:

New possibilities for MJD on ME website.. interesting.. check it out..

WE ARE IN THE PROCESS OF RESEARCHING THE POSSIBILITY SHE MIGHT BE: Ekaterina Shcherbakova, Jaycee Dugard, Amber Crum, Melissa McGuinn, Lisa Zaharias, Heather Silver, Michaela Garecht, Amber Jean Swartz Garcia, Jennifer Shawn Vagher, Shannon Marie Sherrill, Monique Daniels, Kaelin Glazier

I see Michaela is still a contender. She was one of my favorites but I always thought Ekaterina looked so much like our MJD. Glad to see she is on the list too. Vashley, is there a link?

New possibilities for MJD on ME website.. interesting.. check it out..

WE ARE IN THE PROCESS OF RESEARCHING THE POSSIBILITY SHE MIGHT BE: Ekaterina Shcherbakova, Jaycee Dugard, Amber Crum, Melissa McGuinn, Lisa Zaharias, Heather Silver, Michaela Garecht, Amber Jean Swartz Garcia, Jennifer Shawn Vagher, Shannon Marie Sherrill, Monique Daniels, Kaelin Glazier

Bolded are ones turned in by us, not sure about the others. I recall Amber Jean...I thought she had been ruled out already.....what others ones y'all? I can't recall.

We also looked at Jaycee Dugard, AMber Crum (I think) and Heather Silver off the top of my head.

Lisa Zaharias & Shannon Marie Sherrill sound familiar, but can't be 100% we discussed them. They don't call me Dory fer nothin'.

ETA

Thanks for the update! I'm glad they are looking into some of these girls who went missing at such young ages. It occured to me MJD wasn't reported missing around the time of the accident because whoever had her did not have legal custody of her. And, in the case of parental or stranger abduction MJD was already listed as missing - does that make sense? Or whoever had her did not have legal custody or guardianship and was unable to file a missing persons report.

Lisa Zaharias & Shannon Marie Sherrill sound familiar, but can't be 100% we discussed them. They don't call me Dory fer nothin'.

Shannon Sherrill is a very familiar one to me she went missing as a small child in the 80's It was a small town here in Indiana,

I dont think she resembles her at and I cant remember off the top of my head how old but it seems like she would be to old to be a match

also, Maybe she rings a bell because several years ago there was a lady from the internet that called her family pretending to be Shannon.

She was later arrested and brought here Indiana to face charges for doing that to the girls family

here is a link to her story
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/sherrill_shannon.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members