Marine Cpl. Cesar Laurean caught!!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well, Panthera, It could be premeditated still. I think what we have to take into consideration is his age...he THINKS like a kid basically...doesn't think of everything involved in murdering someone....being a marine I imagine he would think he could kill her and cover it up...which is what he did. The painting of the garage was obviously done in an attempt to hide blood..and they (Cesar and Christina had already painted the inside of the house) so Christina woudn't be too curious about him painting the garage. His thinking process is KEY...him being a marine is also KEY...him being under extreme stress is also KEY...so I think and I could be wrong but I think even though it appears to be a rage killing...it could have been thought out...the timeline is key too....something happened maybe to disrupt his original plans of getting rid of Maria's body..so he had to come up with something else very quick like...
I understand what you're saying. I was thinking "premeditated" in terms of Cesar possibly luring Maria to his house intending to kill her, which I don't think happened. From what has come out, I believe there was something going on between them and being young and immature maybe he thought he could somehow have both Maria and Christina. I believe something went terribly wrong while Maria was at his house, the killing came from the heat of the moment, and the only thing that seemed safe for him was to bury her in the back yard and try to cover it up with the bonfire. :)

I still wonder if he possibly buried her twice....if he was pushed for time..which it seems like he was...maybe he had her body somewhere other than his abckyard at first then moved her body later. I don't know. It's all a bit confusing reALLY.

I still wonder if he possibly buried her twice....if he was pushed for time..which it seems like he was...maybe he had her body somewhere other than his abckyard at first then moved her body later. I don't know. It's all a bit confusing reALLY.
I don't think he ever took her off his property, especially since she had a head injury and had lost blood. There'd be too much of a chance he'd leave her blood on whatever he used to move her, if you know what I mean. :)

That's true, Panthera. I know one thing...I am so interested in this case. I go back to the archives frequently and re read the stories. Last night I read the autopsy report several times again. The no clothes on the bottom of Maria is a mystery yet to be solved for us. No pants, no underwear, no socks, no shoes....was she planning on spending the night with Cesar that night maybe?

That's true, Panthera. I know one thing...I am so interested in this case. I go back to the archives frequently and re read the stories. Last night I read the autopsy report several times again. The no clothes on the bottom of Maria is a mystery yet to be solved for us. No pants, no underwear, no socks, no shoes....was she planning on spending the night with Cesar that night maybe?
I read the same thing and came to the conclusion they were burned. Did you decifer something about the legs and region I didn't see? I would be anxious to find the clothes if they weren't.

They could have been burned. I recall reading where in the rgave there was a foot of ashes.

I read somewhere last night..can not recall where...that her pants were,"missing." She didn't have pants on when she was put in the pit.

Snowlover:

Lauterbach's body was wrapped in a partially burned comforter, according to the autopsy, which was conducted Jan. 14. Clothing found on Lauterbach's body consisted of a sports bra and a green knit shirt. The report does not list any other clothing as being with her body when it was examined.

http://tinyurl.com/2uyvzt

I am unable to come to a sound conclusion on why she had no pants on. It could one of several reasons. I hope to God that he did not rape her.

I wouldn't put it past him.. knowing his past with her and all.. I think he was obsessed with Maria. Dang creep i'm so glad he is caught.

I am unable to come to a sound conclusion on why she had no pants on. It could one of several reasons. I hope to God that he did not rape her.

I've only read the autopsy report once ~ for some reason it's more heartbreaking than other cases I've followed, except Laci and Michelle Young who were also pregnant. I really can't figure out either why it seemed she had no clothing on the lower part of her body. I can't believe she was going to spend the night with Cesar since Christina would be there. Even if Maria's water broke, why would she be in the garage with no pants on?

Rape could be one reason with her pants not being on her body when it was burned. I find it strange she was only wearing a sports bra and shirt as cold as it was, too. We saw her wearing a sweatshirt on the ATM cam. I guess hormones could account for her taking off a heavier garment tho. (Her sweatshirt is missing, too.)

Where are the rest of her things? She must have had a bag packed.

Another question is the comforter. Where did it come from? Had to be at his house and how did he explain to Christina it was missing?! I would be interested to know if it was actually the one used on their bed.

Rape could be one reason with her pants not being on her body when it was burned. I find it strange she was only wearing a sports bra and shirt as cold as it was, too. We saw her wearing a sweatshirt on the ATM cam. I guess hormones could account for her taking off a heavier garment tho. (Her sweatshirt is missing, too.)

Where are the rest of her things? She must have had a bag packed.

Another question is the comforter. Where did it come from? Had to be at his house and how did he explain to Christina it was missing?! I would be interested to know if it was actually the one used on their bed.
Hi SS! :) I thought of the comforter too, but then again thought maybe it was an old one they had in the garage, but still Christina would wonder what happened to it unless of course she knew. I don't remember anything about where the rest of her things were, thinking they'd probably be in the car, which makes the baby clothes found in the grave even more mysterious.

Again, it points to Christina knowing more than she is telling, imo. I would notice if something were gone like a comforter in my garage especially if I was going to sell other things out of my garage (wasn't there an ad for things?).

If he didn't burn her things...what did Cesar do with them? Dump them on the base? Dump them in a nearby dumpster maybe at the store where he purchased the items to bury her?

Again, it points to Christina knowing more than she is telling, imo. I would notice if something were gone like a comforter in my garage especially if I was going to sell other things out of my garage (wasn't there an ad for things?).

If he didn't burn her things...what did Cesar do with them? Dump them on the base? Dump them in a nearby dumpster maybe at the store where he purchased the items to bury her?
He could've tossed her things in a dumpster someplace but it wouldn't be Lowe's dumpster. They're in back of the store, out of the public area. I do remember hearing some of her stuff was still in the car, but can't remember what it was. :)

He could've tossed her things in a dumpster someplace but it wouldn't be Lowe's dumpster. They're in back of the store, out of the public area. I do remember hearing some of her stuff was still in the car, but can't remember what it was. :)
It wasn't specifically mentioned what items were in the trunk of her car. There was mention that her bus ticket could have been with some luggage, but nothing confirmed by LE.

If anything was disposed of it could have been done right at the house by putting it in the trash for pickup. It was a long time before they knew of her demise, and by that time it would have been buried at the landfill.

It wasn't specifically mentioned what items were in the trunk of her car. There was mention that her bus ticket could have been with some luggage, but nothing confirmed by LE.

If anything was disposed of it could have been done right at the house by putting it in the trash for pickup. It was a long time before they knew of her demise, and by that time it would have been buried at the landfill.
Thanks :) it's been a while since anything was mentioned about her personal belongings. I agree, the Laureans could've thrown it out with their own garbage or anywhere, even on base.

If her pants had blood on them, mainly his blood...maybe he did get rid of them. I don't know....I have thought of several reasons why she could have been w/o pants...really though none of them have rang true in my mind yet. Still trying to decipher this one.

I guess if you are going to burn and bury a woman in your own backyard...it wouldn't make much sense to worry about what you throw away in your own trash can in the front. Good point, TG!

If her pants had blood on them, mainly his blood...maybe he did get rid of them. I don't know....I have thought of several reasons why she could have been w/o pants...really though none of them have rang true in my mind yet. Still trying to decipher this one.
I hadn't thought of any of the killer's blood being on her clothes since it seemed Maria was rather defenseless, but I guess anything's possible. I wish we'd hear more on when he'll be coming back from Mexico! :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nordlander
Back