Marine Cpl. Cesar Laurean caught!!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh now, of course, I remember it ~ it didn't seem that "big" to me, and I agree, it looks more like something that was just in her car all along and she wasn't planning to take it. I was thinking there was something else, like maybe baby-related. The trip though is still a mystery, especially leaving the Marines (and her insurance) right before giving birth. Just so many things that don't make sense I hope someone someday explains it all.

I think it was there for awhile. Many Marines carry symbols of the Marine Corps in their vehicles. I thought it may be a white stuffed dog like the bull dog "UGA" who is the mascot for the University of Georgia. That is the same kind of mascot for the Marines. :) He even walks around in his spiffy dress blues at graduations and other events. He is a cool dog. He even has rank on his uniform but cant remember the rank. He looks tough like he should be a Drill Sergeant! The kids love him. Those stuffed animals of him are everywhere up there.

imo

I think it was there for awhile. Many Marines carry symbols of the Marine Corps in their vehicles. I thought it may be a white stuffed dog like the bull dog "UGA" who is the mascot for the University of Georgia. That is the same kind of mascot for the Marines. :) He even walks around in his spiffy dress blues at graduations and other events. He is a cool dog. He even has rank on his uniform but cant remember the rank. He looks tough like he should be a Drill Sergeant! The kids love him. Those stuffed animals of him are everywhere up there.

imo
Thanks for the additional information! :) Being in the back window, I think that's probably what the stuffed animal is. When I first saw Snowlover's post tonight I was thinking of another stuffed animal found in the car, which I hadn't heard of before and thought of a baby gift.

I'm gonna have to go back and re read Sutherland's Q&A's because I don't recall reading they were in contact with one another thta very day. That is interesting. I very much agree in all reality he probably did not rape her because she wouldn't have gone to his home if indeed he had. So There had to be some type of relationship between the two of them...I am thinking they were in love...they had to be..at one time anyway. I think possibly they both wanted to be together but there was alot at stake in their lives for that to happen. I also think Cesar was extremely worried about the Article 32 hearing...and that is what I cna't move away form...he had to think the baby was his or I don't think he would have killed Maria and burned her body...that to me is so supportive of someone who is desperately trying to destroy DNA and evidence. In saying that, I feel like he did love her and she probably loved him too..but knew because of their careers and hi marriage they couldn't be together at that point in time. Maybe they had plans between them to meet up in El Paso and be together and something is telling me that Cesar may have backed out of this paln...and that could be what led to the killing.

I'm gonna have to go back and re read Sutherland's Q&A's because I don't recall reading they were in contact with one another thta very day. That is interesting.
Yes, do re-read the Q&A (i.e. #5)

I'm gonna have to go back and re read Sutherland's Q&A's because I don't recall reading they were in contact with one another that very day. That is interesting. I very much agree in all reality he probably did not rape her because she wouldn't have gone to his home if indeed he had. So There had to be some type of relationship between the two of them...I am thinking they were in love...they had to be..at one time anyway. I think possibly they both wanted to be together but there was alot at stake in their lives for that to happen. I also think Cesar was extremely worried about the Article 32 hearing...and that is what I can't move away form...he had to think the baby was his or I don't think he would have killed Maria and burned her body...that to me is so supportive of someone who is desperately trying to destroy DNA and evidence. In saying that, I feel like he did love her and she probably loved him too..but knew because of their careers and hi marriage they couldn't be together at that point in time. Maybe they had plans between them to meet up in El Paso and be together and something is telling me that Cesar may have backed out of this paln...and that could be what led to the killing.

I have been trying to remember which site it was on. I think it was InSession

I remember the questions went sort of like this. "Do you have evidence that contact was made prior to Maria coming to the home on the 14th?" and it was a resounding "Yes"

It was one of the answers that really was the most revealing. Some he would explain but when he just put "yes" it just stood out.

It may have been question number 11.

I don't even know if the thread is still there or if Nuttintodo put the Q&A up in the link thread.

I will try to look for it tomorrow.

Oops Tom's Girl said it is number 5 not 11, sorry.

imoo

Yes, so few answers and a gazillion questions about this one particular case that is for sure. I have never seen one quite like it in 25 years. From day one I have had such a strong suspicion that the truth will never be learned in this case. It is like something is there that is missing even though I can't see it or touch it.......I feel it exists.

But see while I do understand what you are saying I just see no logic in that at all. Why couldn't she just call him to say adiós and if so angry and through with it all up there.....then throw the phone out in the median and be done with it? Why even call or come at all? But to go to his home and she had to know he would be alone there imo because Sutherland said prior contact had been made before her arrival. She had to know that if he denied Gabriel was his he was never going to sign any paper that he was even if it meant Gabriel would be adopted. Just signing it alone was no assurances this was going to go away for she could have left that home and gone to JAG immediately and turned over the signed paper proving he had lied to the USMC.

I don't see Maria, who was adopted herself and had struggled with fitting in would do that to Gabriel. From all accounts it seems Maria had one story for her family and another where she worked/lived. I think she was making plans to keep the baby and she didnt want her mother to find out until it was too late to do anything about it. I do think she was going away and most likely to one of Laurean's family members that was going to help her support the baby.
I think the first visit she made went off without a hitch and he helped buy her the bus ticket but something sparked a terrible argument when Maria returned telling him her plans had fallen through. Then things changed...maybe is was the accumulating stress......maybe it was a panic situation because Laurean knew Christina would be coming through those doors at anytime...maybe Christina was overwrought with emotions due to the plan not working out and refused to leave. We really dont know what went on behind those closed doors or by whom. The evidence even circumstantial has got to be tried and tested in a court of law.

I hope we find out what happened and what sparked it but if Laurean doesn't talk we may never know.

imoo

i think this also....then something happened...Maria changed her mind...

you make good points...lots of food for thought....i don't think we'll ever know the full truth about this, either.....

i think this also....then something happened...Maria changed her mind...

you make good points...lots of food for thought....i don't think we'll ever know the full truth about this, either.....

Thank you but I made a major blunder when I was talking about Maria panicking and wouldn't leave. I said "Christina":waitasec:....don't know where that came from. lol Sorry.

imoo

I'm gonna have to go back and re read Sutherland's Q&A's because I don't recall reading they were in contact with one another thta very day. That is interesting. I very much agree in all reality he probably did not rape her because she wouldn't have gone to his home if indeed he had. So There had to be some type of relationship between the two of them...I am thinking they were in love...they had to be..at one time anyway. I think possibly they both wanted to be together but there was alot at stake in their lives for that to happen. I also think Cesar was extremely worried about the Article 32 hearing...and that is what I cna't move away form...he had to think the baby was his or I don't think he would have killed Maria and burned her body...that to me is so supportive of someone who is desperately trying to destroy DNA and evidence. In saying that, I feel like he did love her and she probably loved him too..but knew because of their careers and hi marriage they couldn't be together at that point in time. Maybe they had plans between them to meet up in El Paso and be together and something is telling me that Cesar may have backed out of this paln...and that could be what led to the killing.
Didn't he say in his note she came back to the house (paraphrasing) not the same, or agitated? I can't remember exactly what the words were but it seems it was Maria who changed her mind if anything he says is true. What I can't get past is once Maria left the note for Durham, how did she know when he'd notify her superiors that she left the Marines? Would she be able to "change her mind" and go back?

Didn't he say in his note she came back to the house (paraphrasing) not the same, or agitated? I can't remember exactly what the words were but it seems it was Maria who changed her mind if anything he says is true. What I can't get past is once Maria left the note for Durham, how did she know when he'd notify her superiors that she left the Marines? Would she be able to "change her mind" and go back?
Maria left the note on a Friday and she wasn't due to return to Base until Monday. It was just a note, and until she didn't report for duty she was still in good standing as far as the Marine Corps go.

Maria left the note on a Friday and she wasn't due to return to Base until Monday. It was just a note, and until she didn't report for duty she was still in good standing as far as the Marine Corps go.
Thanks ~ not knowing their protocol and all, I wasn't sure. So there wouldn't have been anyone for Durham to turn it in to before Monday? If so, then I'll definitely agree she could've changed her mind about leaving and gone back to tell Cesar. BTW, I know Durham didn't turn it in that night, I just wondered "what if" to try to understand what could've been going through Maria's mind.

Thanks ~ not knowing their protocol and all, I wasn't sure. So there wouldn't have been anyone for Durham to turn it in to before Monday? If so, then I'll definitely agree she could've changed her mind about leaving and gone back to tell Cesar. BTW, I know Durham didn't turn it in that night, I just wondered "what if" to try to understand what could've been going through Maria's mind.
Even IF Daniel had called someone in authority immediately when he came home at around 5:30 p.m. it wouldn't have changed the outcome unfortunately.

Even IF Daniel had called someone in authority immediately when he came home at around 5:30 p.m. it wouldn't have changed the outcome unfortunately.
Oh I know that! Like I said, I just wondered if Maria had changed her mind, if she could've gone back ~ not knowing ~ if Durham had or hadn't told anyone. :) I really wouldn't be surprised if this is really what did happen that led to her death, since it has never made sense to me why she'd leave the MC, get on a bus to go halfway across the country when she was 8 mo. pregnant.

Oh I know that! Like I said, I just wondered if Maria had changed her mind, if she could've gone back ~ not knowing ~ if Durham had or hadn't told anyone. :) I really wouldn't be surprised if this is really what did happen that led to her death, since it has never made sense to me why she'd leave the MC, get on a bus to go halfway across the country when she was 8 mo. pregnant.
A lot of things at this point aren't making sense because we have so little information. Until CAL is brought back I don't expect any details to be released.

A lot of things at this point aren't making sense because we have so little information. Until CAL is brought back I don't expect any details to be released.
I wish they'd hurry up and get him back here! I know Capt. Sutherland referenced they believe they know what the significance of El Paso was, but I'd sure like to hear it! :)

I wish they'd hurry up and get him back here! I know Capt. Sutherland referenced they believe they know what the significance of El Paso was, but I'd sure like to hear it! :)

Hi, my friend!

From what Sutherland has answered it seems that, yes, they do have a connection to El Paso but from his wording he suggests why that particular town was selected would only be known by Maria and Laurean. He made me feel it was a mutual decision between the two of them and that he hopes Laurean will come back and tell.

LE may have found out what the reason was for leaving and going out of state. I have always felt someone was to meet Maria there to pick her up and it may have been someone in Laurean's family. I think at that time Laurean didn't have but about 7-8 months to go on his military contract in the Marine Corps. Then he would have been out of the Corps. I just keep thinking about when he told his comrades his wife was pregnant. What if they just assumed it was his wife he was talking about?

LE also seems to know Maria's plan and if she was keeping the baby or going to put him up for adoption. I think she had no intentions of giving the baby up.

imo

Hi, my friend!

From what Sutherland has answered it seems that, yes, they do have a connection to El Paso but from his wording he suggests why that particular town was selected would only be known by Maria and Laurean. He made me feel it was a mutual decision between the two of them and that he hopes Laurean will come back and tell.

LE may have found out what the reason was for leaving and going out of state. I have always felt someone was to meet Maria there to pick her up and it may have been someone in Laurean's family. I think at that time Laurean didn't have but about 7-8 months to go on his military contract in the Marine Corps. Then he would have been out of the Corps. I just keep thinking about when he told his comrades his wife was pregnant. What if they just assumed it was his wife he was talking about?

LE also seems to know Maria's plan and if she was keeping the baby or going to put him up for adoption. I think she had no intentions of giving the baby up.

imo
Hi ocean :) I hope you've had a nice holiday weekend! First, I agree that Maria was planning on keeping her baby. I think the timing of her leaving the Marines, and wanting to leave town had a lot to do with the conversation she'd had with her mother ~ who was planning to come visit her the next weekend. I think her mother had put too much pressure on her to give up the baby and she saw this as the only way out. So, I also agree she and Cesar probably had a plan that was unknown to his wife until maybe she came home that night when Maria returned to the house. Then "something" happened.

Please keep in mind there has been no evidence presented that the two ever had an affair or a relationship of any kind. There were one or two people who said they saw them together. Did those people testify? No. If they continued to see each other after the MPO and the comanders order not to see each other, they were breaking a direct order and would have been arrested. Did anyone report them? Were they ever arrested?

Please keep in mind there has been no evidence presented that the two ever had an affair or a relationship of any kind. There were one or two people who said they saw them together. Did those people testify? No. If they continued to see each other after the MPO and the commanders order not to see each other, they were breaking a direct order and would have been arrested. Did anyone report them? Were they ever arrested?

Did those people testify?:confused: No but I have no doubt they will when the trial commences. Jenna Renner said that LE had already been in touch with her months ago and interviewed her and I am sure they have done the same with the rest. That part of the investigation would be done by the MC/NCIS and they are assisting OCSD in this case.

I think most likely these witnesses are connected to the USMC in someway by either being active, finished contract by now or was a wife of a Marine or girl friend that knew CL and Maria well. Although I guess it is possible that a motel clerk may have remembered seeing them together if they met somewhere outside of Jacksonville. There were also others that said that she told them she knew she had to get out of a relationship she was in and also when asked was the pregnancy a good thing or bad thing. Maria said, she would have to wait and see.

They would not have been arrested if they saw each other discreetly and not on base and neither party told on the other one or if their friends knew but they weren't going to out them knowing they could get in trouble because of having MPO in place. I am sure Laurean never approached Maria while they were on the base where the MC had jurisdictional control over the MPO.

I do believe there was a relationship though and that is why Maria felt comfortable coming to his home on her own free will and piercing the MPO wall of protection herself. Sutherland said all charges have been filed that are going to be filed by them. He has had no kidnapping charges lodged against him the entire time.. I believe they have now extensively talked with Laurean's family about what they knew about CL and Maria's relationship and that is how they found the connection to Maria and El Paso imo.

I do believe Maria came there twice that day. The first visit I think everything went fine but when she came back later in the evening something ignited a firestorm that resulted in this horrific crime. I hope we learn what the argument was about but that may never be known if CL doesn't talk when he returns unless he testifies on his own behalf in his trial.

Imo this crime was no where a premeditated one.....it was chaotic and disorganized. If he had planned to kill her there were hundreds of places to do it instead of his own home with his wife expected any minute.

imoo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luisgill
Back