Marine Cpl. Cesar Laurean caught!!

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have never in many years been so torn and confused abiut a murder case. I first thought Cesar premeditated Maria's murder. Now I am swinging back the other way and thinking perhaps he just blew up after a terrible and hot hot argujment. . I don't know alot about this case but ONE thing I do know and that is that there is MUCH MORE to this story than we know. There has to be. I also believe that Maria must have felt comfortable around Cesar...and that seems yto suggest perhaps the rape allegation is not totally true. I know if someone raped me, there is NO way I would go to their home. So that to me is quite telling. I also think Maria had a big problem with lying and maybe that contributed to her death. No way am I saying she deserved to die but I think there alot of mind games being played between Maria and Cesar. Maria was telling stories to her mom that were very different than what she was telling some others.
In the Dateline article it states that maria was caught taking money out of the office kitty and when she was caught she said she needed the money to go home for her brother's funeral. Did I read that right? If that is indeed true that would(in the eyes and mind of her superiors) cast more doubt on her allegation of rape and her personal creditability. She was so young and very inexperienced in a relationship. It's bad to say this but her own mom at times didn't want to be on the phone with her. I think Maria was very immature and possibly fabricated her stories to suit the situation. In the end I think it played a fairly big part in her being killed. Her murder is in no way justified but in Cesar Laurean's mind, I think he may have felt she would never leave him alone. I am speculating on their relationship largely due to the fact thta she went to his house by herself..and I just don't see any rape victim doing that. So at some point in time they had to have a close relationship. What caused it to end in murder? I wish I knew. I can only speculate and even still, I find myself going back and forth ...to him premeditating her murder to it being a heat of passion type killing.

I agree that the Jury will see it differently. If it was done postmortem, the blood wouldn't have been gushing tho. I believe they did determine she was gone when the cut was made so it was an afterthought on the part of the killer.

The way that S made it sound on Dateline...they aren't going to release how they believe that Maria was at the Laureans'. So it sounds like they have a good idea of not only how she got there, but why. This will be the crux of the case, imo.

I didn't tivo it, but I was under the impression the 7:00 pm timeline came from Satterfield (?) I have forgotten his name offhand.

Maria's mother doesn't come across to me well. Maybe it is her demeanor or perhaps I am still angry over the way she depicted Maria in the beginning...but she seems like she is a B. She is brash and appears to wear the pants in that family. I didn't care for some of the things she said even on Dateline, but I cannot specifically recall what.

I think Maria was inexperienced when it came to relationships which was obvious. I also believe that Maria told her mother she was raped because she feared the pregnancy and felt the need to cover up how she got that way to her mom. They may have talked several times a day, but my impression is that Maria did so much to win her approval constantly. This doesn't speak of a great relationship, imo.

I have never in many years been so torn and confused abiut a murder case. I first thought Cesar premeditated Maria's murder. Now I am swinging back the other way and thinking perhaps he just blew up after a terrible and hot hot argujment. . I don't know alot about this case but ONE thing I do know and that is that there is MUCH MORE to this story than we know. There has to be. I also believe that Maria must have felt comfortable around Cesar...and that seems yto suggest perhaps the rape allegation is not totally true. I know if someone raped me, there is NO way I would go to their home. So that to me is quite telling. I also think Maria had a big problem with lying and maybe that contributed to her death. No way am I saying she deserved to die but I think there alot of mind games being played between Maria and Cesar. Maria was telling stories to her mom that were very different than what she was telling some others.
In the Dateline article it states that maria was caught taking money out of the office kitty and when she was caught she said she needed the money to go home for her brother's funeral. Did I read that right? If that is indeed true that would(in the eyes and mind of her superiors) cast more doubt on her allegation of rape and her personal creditability. She was so young and very inexperienced in a relationship. It's bad to say this but her own mom at times didn't want to be on the phone with her. I think Maria was very immature and possibly fabricated her stories to suit the situation. In the end I think it played a fairly big part in her being killed. Her murder is in no way justified but in Cesar Laurean's mind, I think he may have felt she would never leave him alone. I am speculating on their relationship largely due to the fact thta she went to his house by herself..and I just don't see any rape victim doing that. So at some point in time they had to have a close relationship. What caused it to end in murder? I wish I knew. I can only speculate and even still, I find myself going back and forth ...to him premeditating her murder to it being a heat of passion type killing.
I don't think Cesar premeditated her death, but I do believe a lot can be interpreted from Cesar's note that "Maria slit her own throat". That phrase can be used literally or figuratively, meaning her own actions caused her death. It seems like he's using it both ways.

Yea, Panthera, and I said the exact same thing about her cuting her own throat in the very first days of this case. It was like he was saying, Hey, She did it to herself. One could interpert it as his way of saying she lied about the rape,etc....

I didn't tivo it, but I was under the impression the 7:00 pm timeline came from Satterfield (?) I have forgotten his name offhand.
Capt. Rick Sutherland..............the show can be viewed at the link posted up in the Links thread.

i don't think Maria's murder was premeditated; i believe it was heat of passion...i also don't think a rape ever happened...(jmo)....i thought the female NCIS agent was very credible.....& i agree with Ocean.. "She knows plenty and she knows that Mary Lauterbach does not know the truth at all."

I didn't get to watch the show, but Maria's baby wasn't mentioned? That is odd, imo. Have the DNA tests ever been released? I know they're waiting for Cesar to be returned to the US to get a sample from him, but I'm wondering if the baby might not be his?

nope....i think it's very possible the reason is because the baby wasn't Cesar's..i'll be surprised if the baby was his, from everything i've read & haven't read (as far as the DNA testing).....there's no way i'm going to believe that it hasn't been proven if he's the father or not already...

I agree that the Jury will see it differently. If it was done postmortem, the blood wouldn't have been gushing tho. I believe they did determine she was gone when the cut was made so it was an afterthought on the part of the killer.

The way that S made it sound on Dateline...they aren't going to release how they believe that Maria was at the Laureans'. So it sounds like they have a good idea of not only how she got there, but why. This will be the crux of the case, imo.

Maria's mother doesn't come across to me well. Maybe it is her demeanor or perhaps I am still angry over the way she depicted Maria in the beginning...but she seems like she is a B. She is brash and appears to wear the pants in that family. I didn't care for some of the things she said even on Dateline, but I cannot specifically recall what.

I think Maria was inexperienced when it came to relationships which was obvious. I also believe that Maria told her mother she was raped because she feared the pregnancy and felt the need to cover up how she got that way to her mom. They may have talked several times a day, but my impression is that Maria did so much to win her approval constantly. This doesn't speak of a great relationship, imo.

About the knife injury, I am not sure they will agree with the MEs opinion, SS. Anytime a ME states it "MAY HAVE been done" it creates doubt because he is admitting that he really is only guessing. Jurors don't like guesses and the ME will not step over that boundary and says he knows with 100% surety. So given that fact that is recorded in her autopsy report as "May have" it is just as likely it was done before death and yes, such a gaping wound would bleed profusely.

I do agree that LE has evidence that prior contact was made before she came to the home. Sutherland has said there WAS prior contact. I think they have uncovered this info through phone communications.

Maria told Agent Grafton that her pregnancy was the result of seeing someone else at the time of conception. This shows me the Lauterbach family knows very little about her. Her mother said Maria never had a boyfriend.:confused:

imoo

I wonder if the baby NOT being his could be even more of a motive?

I think it may could work in his favor and may get the degree reduced to second degree (crime of passion) which I have always felt better fit this case. I do not see it as premeditated but one done out of the blue when emotions were on overload and then the aftermath was chaotic and disorganized.

If all of these long months of such stress had no truth to it then to me it is logical if he knew Gabriel wasn't his this would have been a terrible load to hold up under. He had to see his stellar Marine life slipping away and his marriage suffering because of it. He had to worry that he could be convicted of rape even if he was guilty or not.

But why would Maria come there? Why, even if he did contact her or she contacted him by cell phone? Even if she knew the allegations were false and also that Gabriel wasn't his then why would she go to this man's home? That is the most puzzling aspect of this case. Why for any reason would she ever step foot in that home? If he tried to contact her all she had to do is hang up and call NCIS (the call would show on her or his phone) and if she showed up on his property all he had to do was the same. Yet, none of that happened. It is like both of them were in agreement. How could that be when these two were supposed to be staunch adversaries since May 2007?

For months nothing out of the ordinary happened. No violation of any MPO but when these two finally came together again, face to face, something ignited the firestorm.

imoo

I still think he was obsessed with Maria. She was young blonde and beautiful. He said from his own mouth that he loved her.

I think he is a handsome man and he is only about 4 months older than Maria, iirc . Christina was a little over three years older than Laurean so at 24 she is young too.

I am not sure who was obsessed with whom. I have tried to think of a million reasons why Maria would come to his home that day if the rape allegations were remotely true. I can't think of any unless the relationship was much deeper than known. I do think both of their immaturity levels were lacking and decisions made that may never be understandable to most but only understood by them.

I do think Christina is obsessed about her husband though.

imoo

What if he was really in love with Maria and was planning on leaving with or shortly after her and when she went to his home she told him that the baby wasn't his...he could have already made up his mind that he was going to leave Christina and begin a new life with Maria and maybe when she told him the baby was not his, he really lost it. Who knows? I am only speculating. I have gone back and forth on this case. And still think about alot about what it was that made her go to his home. The only thing that makes any sense to me is she wanted money..if that is true then Cesar told some of the truth. There is much morfe to this case than we know. I am sure of it.

nope....i think it's very possible the reason is because the baby wasn't Cesar's..i'll be surprised if the baby was his, from everything i've read & haven't read (as far as the DNA testing).....there's no way i'm going to believe that it hasn't been proven if he's the father or not already...
I agree with you. Something's not making sense as to the baby, since it's mentioned they want a 'clean sample' when he returns to the US. I don't think it matches!

What if he was really in love with Maria and was planning on leaving with or shortly after her and when she went to his home she told him that the baby wasn't his...he could have already made up his mind that he was going to leave Christina and begin a new life with Maria and maybe when she told him the baby was not his, he really lost it. Who knows? I am only speculating. I have gone back and forth on this case. And still think about alot about what it was that made her go to his home. The only thing that makes any sense to me is she wanted money..if that is true then Cesar told some of the truth. There is much morfe to this case than we know. I am sure of it.
It's a good speculation, imo. I can see them planning to leave together, if not at the same time, maybe him shortly afterward. Someone gets the baby an outfit which is found in the grave with the bodies. That would make sense if he'd just found out the baby wasn't his, he got angry, and that's what led to her death. I still believe "she slit her own throat" means something, like she lied to him, and so she's responsible for her own death.

It's a good speculation, imo. I can see them planning to leave together, if not at the same time, maybe him shortly afterward. Someone gets the baby an outfit which is found in the grave with the bodies. That would make sense if he'd just found out the baby wasn't his, he got angry, and that's what led to her death. I still believe "she slit her own throat" means something, like she lied to him, and so she's responsible for her own death.

Hmm now that is something to ponder. Did she confess to him that all this time she knew not only the allegations were untrue but he wasn't the father after all? I can see after the months and months of stress dealing with all this if she told him that he could have gone ballistic that she had ruined his life all for nothing. (according to how he most likely looked at it at the time.)

But how could she have enough courage and be bold enough to do this face to face with this man? If I had accused someone falsely and ruined their life I would live in fear and wouldn't find myself within miles of them.:eek:

imo

I think Cesar was obsessed with Maria and I think Christina was/is obsessed with Cesar, I think Maria wasn't obsessed with anyone I think she was young confused and just not really knowing what to do... Even after this goes to trial we may never know the whole truth but I don't care what they say I still think and will always think Christina was involved in Marias murder or clean-up.

I think he is a handsome man and he is only about 4 months older than Maria, iirc . Christina was a little over three years older than Laurean so at 24 she is young too.

I am not sure who was obsessed with whom. I have tried to think of a million reasons why Maria would come to his home that day if the rape allegations were remotely true. I can't think of any unless the relationship was much deeper than known. I do think both of their immaturity levels were lacking and decisions made that may never be understandable to most but only understood by them.

I do think Christina is obsessed about her husband though.

imoo

I think Cesar was obsessed with Maria and I think Christina was/is obsessed with Cesar, I think Maria wasn't obsessed with anyone I think she was young confused and just not really knowing what to do... Even after this goes to trial we may never know the whole truth but I don't care what they say I still think and will always think Christina was involved in Marias murder or clean-up.

I do understand what you are saying but it seems to me if he had this great obsession he would have violated the MPO way before 12-14 and she would have exposed him long ago. That is what is puzzling, among many things, there is no evidence with NCIS and no complaints through OCSD that he ever tried to make contact with her before the 14th.

I had an extremely fanatical, obsessive, jealous ex-husband. He simply could not stay away from me. There wasn't months and months where he didn't show up and make no contact with me. He even knew the police were going to be called but his obsession controlled his urges, not him. I just don't see any obsessive pattern with either Cesar or Maria.

I just don't see an obsession unless it is Christina for I think she is still obsessing about him and wants him anyway she can get him even if he is convicted. She took a tremendous risk by communicating with him shortly after he left all the way through the last of March, 08. She probably felt compelled by her obsession and even Hudson says she is very much still in love with her husband.

Hmm now that is something to ponder. Did she confess to him that all this time she knew not only the allegations were untrue but he wasn't the father after all? I can see after the months and months of stress dealing with all this if she told him that he could have gone ballistic that she had ruined his life all for nothing. (according to how he most likely looked at it at the time.)

But how could she have enough courage and be bold enough to do this face to face with this man? If I had accused someone falsely and ruined their life I would live in fear and wouldn't find myself within miles of them.:eek:

imo
I know I sure wouldn't have the nerve to do that either, but I wouldn't lie to someone about something so serious in the first place. It's the baby clothes that I'm thinking of ~ it looks like someone just got them for her baby, then when she's killed, it's like they're thrown in the grave with her to get rid of everything about her and her baby. If this scenario is what happened it sure would explain why he'd go ballistic on her, but at the same time, believe she brought it on herself.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crackerjack82
Back