Marine Cpl. Cesar Laurean caught!!

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just don't see an obsession unless it is Christina for I think she is still obsessing about him and wants him anyway she can get him even if he is convicted. She took a tremendous risk by communicating with him shortly after he left all the way through the last of March, 08. She probably felt compelled by her obsession and even Hudson says she is very much still in love with her husband.
And even with my alternative scenario (above) I still think Christina had something to do with Maria's death. She'd have to be crazy to still be in love with someone who murdered another woman and her baby, considering they have their own child , and I know some women do fall in love with inmates convicted of murder, but there just seems something not right with this murder. She has as much motive as Cesar, imo.

I know I sure wouldn't have the nerve to do that either, but I wouldn't lie to someone about something so serious in the first place. It's the baby clothes that I'm thinking of ~ it looks like someone just got them for her baby, then when she's killed, it's like they're thrown in the grave with her to get rid of everything about her and her baby. If this scenario is what happened it sure would explain why he'd go ballistic on her, but at the same time, believe she brought it on herself.

I have always been puzzled by the method used to kill her. He certainly was physically fit and would have had no problems overcoming her by strangling her. To use a bludgeoning weapon for some reason makes me think of a woman who would have to have leverage to overpower. Christina looks rather thin and very much like her sister, imo. Maria had changed a lot since she joined the Corps and looked more bulked up. She even looked broader in her boot camp photo where she is seen with her dad than she did in high school. I noticed in her soccer photos her legs have muscle mass. So I think even pregnant it would be hard for another woman to overtake her unless they picked up something they knew would render her helpless.

Also the baby item in the grave seems again "womanish" to me. I cant even see some man thinking about throwing that in there and not the rest of her belongs too. Just seems so strange unless again he had bought the baby outfit and then Maria off loaded the news that the baby wasn't even his.

Ocean

I have always been puzzled by the method used to kill her. He certainly was physically fit and would have had no problems overcoming her by strangling her. To use a bludgeoning weapon for some reason makes me think of a woman who would have to have leverage to overpower. Christina looks rather thin and very much like her sister, imo. Maria had changed a lot since she joined the Corps and looked more bulked up. She even looked broader in her boot camp photo where she is seen with her dad than she did in high school. I noticed in her soccer photos her legs have muscle mass. So I think even pregnant it would be hard for another woman to overtake her unless they picked up something they knew would render her helpless.

Also the baby item in the grave seems again "womanish" to me. I cant even see some man thinking about throwing that in there and not the rest of her belongs too. Just seems so strange unless again he had bought the baby outfit and then Maria off loaded the news that the baby wasn't even his.

Ocean
We're thinking alike once again, Ocean! :) I could see Cesar overpowering Maria with no problem, and tossing the baby clothes in the grave do seem like something a jealous wife might do to her husband's mistress. His actions afterward like taking her car back to the bus station and not out somewhere to burn it too make me think it was the wife who caught Maria over at the house. In other words, he didn't seem to be filled with rage at Maria or he would've destroyed everything to do with her, imo.

Also the baby item in the grave seems again "womanish" to me. I cant even see some man thinking about throwing that in there and not the rest of her belongs too.
We don't know what other items may have been in the pit that didn't survive the heat, only the one's they can identify. I don't think they will realease a list of other items they found until a trial.

We don't know what other items may have been in the pit that didn't survive the heat, only the one's they can identify. I don't think they will release a list of other items they found until a trial.

I do know that Sutherland said some of Maria's clothing or personal items had not been found. I cant remember exactly now how he phrased it. I don't know exactly what he meant by that.

It was strange though that the plastic bag was still intact and recognizable and even the size of the outfit legible because a plastic bag will begin to melt and burn if it even gets close to any heat.

Ocean

I do know that Sutherland said some of Maria's clothing or personal items had not been found. I cant remember exactly now how he phrased it. I don't know exactly what he meant by that.

It was strange though that the plastic bag was still intact and recognizable and even the size of the outfit legible because a plastic bag will begin to melt and burn if it even gets close to any heat.
I think RS in trying to be honest gave vague answers instead of a standard "we aren't releasing that information at this time". I have no idea why HE feels so strongly about the innocence of Christina.

The plastic bag with the baby item has always puzzled me, and the only thing I can think of is that the embers/heat had subsided before reaching that area. The only items listed were by the ME upon receiving the body. There had to be other evidence/items in that pit, but like I said, I don't think we will learn the contents prior to trial.

That's exactly why I still think the wife had more to do with this then LE thinks.. Does LE not know the power of a jealous wife? The bitter hatred towards Maria that Christine must of felt? Come on..this whole murder has 'scorned wife' written all over it. Not to mention that the baby could of very well been Christinas daughters baby brother.

We're thinking alike once again, Ocean! :) I could see Cesar overpowering Maria with no problem, and tossing the baby clothes in the grave do seem like something a jealous wife might do to her husband's mistress. His actions afterward like taking her car back to the bus station and not out somewhere to burn it too make me think it was the wife who caught Maria over at the house. In other words, he didn't seem to be filled with rage at Maria or he would've destroyed everything to do with her, imo.

The more I read, the more convinced I am of the possibility of Christina being the murder. The comments about Maria not warding off the blow to her head. What's the possibility that she came home, caught them together and lost it?

Also consider this...Maria's Mom said she never had a boyfriend, so I suspect that she had also never had sex. How many of us women fall deeply for the first man we had sex with? It's an emotional issue for us, and I tend to believe it was the same for Maria.

I do think it is CL's child, and he was afraid of Christina. We all know the stories of what transpires when a woman is scorn!

My gut tells me that Christina was the dominate one in the relationship, and very controlling.

I watched the progam on Dateline the other night, and had an odd feeling about her mother also. Just can't put my finger on exactly what bothered me.

Being raised Catholic myself, I know how the old school Catholics think, and I feel the mother felt shame regarding the baby. So sad, because the baby was innocent and wasn't acknowledged by Maria's mother in the interview at all!

I feel Maria's mother was the reason Maria went to the authorities and filed rape charges. God love her, the hormones were changing and she probably felt very alone and confused. Especially because so many people on base were treating her so terribly, which I feel Christina instigated.

I am as anxious as all of you to find out the real truth, and my female intuition tells me what we have heard so far is way far from being factual!

Another thought......

Christina had to know the hell she could put her husband through if she went to his command regarding the infidelity. So I tend to think there is a great possibility she blackmailed him with it, and put the fear of God in him. Especially with him having an affair with someone of lower rank then him.

I am a military wife myself, and I know how strict the military is regarding associating with members of lower rank than yourself.

That's exactly why I still think the wife had more to do with this then LE thinks.. Does LE not know the power of a jealous wife? The bitter hatred towards Maria that Christine must of felt? Come on..this whole murder has 'scorned wife' written all over it. Not to mention that the baby could of very well been Christinas daughters baby brother.

I agree Mygirl.

The sad truth is no matter what happens I don't think we will ever learn with any certainty when this murder happened or who was there when it did. CS admits they have no time of death and in this particular case it means so much to know that for there are TWO who had equal or more motives to do this crime...not just one and both of them lived inside of that home behind closed doors where it happened.

Something just doesn't add up and it never has from moment one of this case.

If he is seen withdrawing money and it is an amount that would cover the bus ticket fare for Maria then why would he kill her if he took his time assisting her by helping her buy the ticket? Why spend the money if he knew this was going to be the end result?

I just have so many questions. Now she says he was gone when she returned.......hmmm okay...and what does it really mean by "later in the evening"? Oh do we even know if she is telling the truth about it being 7:30 pm? So both vehicles of theirs are black could Maria have come back later thinking he was still alone there but no one was there but Christina?

Did Cesar superimpose Christina' s thoughts of what she actually told him that happened in his notes and made it sound like he was the one there the second time to cover for Christina? Why would he leave notes to a woman he supposedly had already told? That has never made sense to me. Those notes had a purpose and it wasn't to tell Christina anything imo.

I think LE has bought her story hook, line and sinker because no one is here to refute any of it. IMO, they need her badly for some reason in this case. I wonder why? So much so they run to support her even when she is proven dishonorable and deceitful.

imoo

Also consider this...Maria's Mom said she never had a boyfriend, so I suspect that she had also never had sex. How many of us women fall deeply for the first man we had sex with?
Maria was seeing and dating another Marine before Cesar.
Being raised Catholic myself, I know how the old school Catholics think, and I feel the mother felt shame regarding the baby.
Maria's sister, Annie, had already had a child out of wedlock prior to Maria's death.

Another thought......

Christina had to know the hell she could put her husband through if she went to his command regarding the infidelity. So I tend to think there is a great possibility she blackmailed him with it, and put the fear of God in him. Especially with him having an affair with someone of lower rank then him.

I am a military wife myself, and I know how strict the military is regarding associating with members of lower rank than yourself.

The adultery aspect could have gotten both Laurean and Maria in trouble. But a lance corporal associating with a corporal would have been no problem at all. If one of them had been an officer or an NCO, then there would have been a problem (assuming their relationship was consensual, which I don't necessarily assume.)

Maria was seeing and dating another Marine before Cesar.

there's a lot of things, IMO, that Maria's mama didn't know about Maria...or just refused to believe them......

am i the only one that thinks Maria's mother was lying when she insisted she told someone from the military that she actually said that Maria was known to "occasionally" be a compulsive liar?.....i THINK that's the word she used that night on TV.....i don't believe her...i think she told exactly what was reported by the military/marine corp......it came back to bite her on the butt, so she starts claiming she said "occasionally"........

there's a lot of things, IMO, that Maria's mama didn't know about Maria...or just refused to believe them......

am i the only one that thinks Maria's mother was lying when she insisted she told someone from the military that she actually said that Maria was known to "occasionally" be a compulsive liar?.....i THINK that's the word she used that night on TV.....i don't believe her...i think she told exactly what was reported by the military/marine corp......it came back to bite her on the butt, so she starts claiming she said "occasionally"........
NO, you're not the only one close. She can't retract what she said on nat'l TV in a video interview, where she says they suspect Maria is Bi-polar
http://tinyurl.com/3af75v

"Occasional compulsive liar" is a oxymoron. The two do not mesh and yes I think she was trying to re-write history.

Ocean
Hi ocean :) It seems to me the fire was very uneven, for example burning more at one end of the grave than the other. In other words, the plastic bag could've been away from the hottest spot. I do remember being reported she had no clothing from the waist down, and no shoes or socks.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crackerjack82
Back