Marine Cpl. Cesar Laurean caught!!

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This may sound weird but maybe after hitting her in the head with the crowbar he had thoughts of trying to save the baby and he took her pants off of her to se if the baby was coming out....you know she experienced pain before she died...and maybe with the dying sounds she was making, he thought the baby was coming. Just a thought...feedback, please.

This may sound weird but maybe after hitting her in the head with the crowbar he had thoughts of trying to save the baby and he took her pants off of her to se if the baby was coming out....you know she experienced pain before she died...and maybe with the dying sounds she was making, he thought the baby was coming. Just a thought...feedback, please.

I sure wish we knew, Snowlover. I have always thought that Maria came back to his house to tell him her plans had fallen through and it was too late and the baby was coming. He could have tried to help her I guess or as you said thought since she was in labor that he could try to get the baby out or there is a possibility that they had expected Christina to be away much longer and had one last tryst together.

I do believe that Gabriel was never born though.

Actually I wouldn't be surprised if Maria was only struck once in her temple area with the crowbar or whatever. One horrific blow would have killed her especially being hit in the area that she was hit. I think that is why the ME did not notate it as MULTIPLE blunt force trauma but more like a single act resulting in blunt force trauma like he wrote in the autopsy report. If Maria never saw it coming and was hit blindsided then I don't think she knew a thing it was over so fast. Imo it would have rendered her unconscious immediately.

imoo

Oceanblueeyes, I don't think the baby was born either. I am allowing myself to ponder many different circumstances as to why her pants were missing when she was put into the fire pit. When I remember what the police said about blood being found in the home but that the violent struggle took place in the garage, it makes me think she knew he was going to kill her and maybe she ran through the house to the garage to try and escape. And again there is also the strong possibility that he raped her that evening. The police have said a violent struggle took place....that indicates, at least to me, that Maria tried to fend him off. I am perplexed about this case but still keep trying to figure out what transpired at Cesar's house that evening.

Oceanblueeyes, I don't think the baby was born either. I am allowing myself to ponder many different circumstances as to why her pants were missing when she was put into the fire pit. When I remember what the police said about blood being found in the home but that the violent struggle took place in the garage, it makes me think she knew he was going to kill her and maybe she ran through the house to the garage to try and escape. And again there is also the strong possibility that he raped her that evening. The police have said a violent struggle took place....that indicates, at least to me, that Maria tried to fend him off. I am perplexed about this case but still keep trying to figure out what transpired at Cesar's house that evening.

There are so many possibilities and that is the problem, when there are so many and LE cant prove any of them they just remain speculation. I truly don't think he raped her but even if he did her body was charred and in vast decomposition so that will never be counted in or out.

I think the struggle could have been from the blood spewing from the gaping knife wound to her neck and if she ran around in the garage area it would be dropping everywhere(I do believe this wound happened before death) but what I meant when she was struck in the temple area it was all over fast then.

The thing that has nagged me about the head wound and again the ME did not say it was Multiple blunt force trauma, is that the impact is squarely on the temple/ear area. We all have built in reflexes yet if we look at the autopsy drawing of Maria the blow was a direct hit and it shows she did not deflect the blow if she saw it coming. If she had done so then the injury would have been more at an angle where she turned her head quickly to the right to deflect the blow imo.

I think the most compelling questions in this case is what really was the relationship between these two very young people and why did she come to his very home the day this happened. IMO, I think OCSD is fully convinced that she came there on her own free will. I would love to know what they found on any communications such as computers and cell phone records, personal financial accounts, on both of them. I do feel there were clues left behind.

imoo

WHEN is he coming back?!?! This process is going at a snail's pace! I don't know if I like him having a new attorney. Could he be holding things up in Mexico?

WHEN is he coming back?!?! This process is going at a snail's pace! I don't know if I like him having a new attorney. Could he be holding things up in Mexico?

I don't know if I think it is a wise choice either after having Paramore on the case now for months. McNeil admits that the language barrier is a problem and I am sitting here thinking :waitasec: well heck don't you have anyone that is an interpreter? So he just sits there not understanding how to communicate with his client or his Mexican attorneys?:waitasec:

They sure must not expect him back soon. McNeil said in an interview, that the trial would be held one to three years from now!:eek:
Now the one year sounds about right, but THREE years?:eek:

imoo

Three years is a long time. I hope he is enjoying his cell.

Oceanblueyes, What makes the most sense is that she went there to tell him she was leaving. She did buy a bus ticket to El Paso. When I think about the newborn baby outfit that was in the grave with her and the big stuffed animal that was in the back of her car, it makes me think she was going away to have the baby and put it up for adoption. or perhaps it had already been done. I think she may have decided to have the baby adopted after talking to her mom. But then if that was the case why would Cesar kill her? If she was going to adopt the baby out, seems like he would be relieved.

Oceanblueyes, What makes the most sense is that she went there to tell him she was leaving. She did buy a bus ticket to El Paso. When I think about the newborn baby outfit that was in the grave with her and the big stuffed animal that was in the back of her car, it makes me think she was going away to have the baby and put it up for adoption. or perhaps it had already been done. I think she may have decided to have the baby adopted after talking to her mom. But then if that was the case why would Cesar kill her? If she was going to adopt the baby out, seems like he would be relieved.

Yes, so few answers and a gazillion questions about this one particular case that is for sure. I have never seen one quite like it in 25 years. From day one I have had such a strong suspicion that the truth will never be learned in this case. It is like something is there that is missing even though I can't see it or touch it.......I feel it exists.

But see while I do understand what you are saying I just see no logic in that at all. Why couldn't she just call him to say adiós and if so angry and through with it all up there.....then throw the phone out in the median and be done with it? Why even call or come at all? But to go to his home and she had to know he would be alone there imo because Sutherland said prior contact had been made before her arrival. She had to know that if he denied Gabriel was his he was never going to sign any paper that he was even if it meant Gabriel would be adopted. Just signing it alone was no assurances this was going to go away for she could have left that home and gone to JAG immediately and turned over the signed paper proving he had lied to the USMC.

I don't see Maria, who was adopted herself and had struggled with fitting in would do that to Gabriel. From all accounts it seems Maria had one story for her family and another where she worked/lived. I think she was making plans to keep the baby and she didnt want her mother to find out until it was too late to do anything about it. I do think she was going away and most likely to one of Laurean's family members that was going to help her support the baby.

I think the first visit she made went off without a hitch and he helped buy her the bus ticket but something sparked a terrible argument when Maria returned telling him her plans had fallen through. Then things changed...maybe is was the accumulating stress......maybe it was a panic situation because Laurean knew Christina would be coming through those doors at anytime...maybe Christina was overwrought with emotions due to the plan not working out and refused to leave. We really dont know what went on behind those closed doors or by whom. The evidence even circumstantial has got to be tried and tested in a court of law.

I hope we find out what happened and what sparked it but if Laurean doesn't talk we may never know.

imoo

You make some good points, ocean. So, What makes you think she wnet to his house twice that day? other thna Cesar said she did.

Sutherlland said they had had contact prior to her coming to his house? WOW!! How in the world did I miss that?

Sutherland said they had had contact prior to her coming to his house? WOW!! How in the world did I miss that?

Yes, that is what he said when posters asked questions. I am sorry I cant remember if it was the group of questions asked by InSession posters or if it was the ones that were asked over on OTC. Maybe both.

See, this is what I mean........they both knew that she was coming there before she even got there and that just makes me believe there couldn't have ever been an actual rape involved. If Maria had experienced that she wouldn't have put one foot on her rapist's property ever imo and also knowing he was all alone it makes it even more ludicrous to digest.

Then you add the titillating words that Cesar uttered of "proof" and "I loved her" to the mix it makes it more of a mystery of really what was going on between those two people or maybe I should say three people that were caught up in this triangle.

imoo

You make some good points, ocean. So, What makes you think she went to his house twice that day? other thna Cesar said she did.

Like in all things we can find truth and lies in them. Of course he distanced himself from the actual crime and that would be expected but the rest didn't hurt him or help him either way and I think he just told what happened that day except as I said, owning up to killing her.

I see no reason for the rest of it to be false and it serves no purpose either way imo. He knew they could check it out and find that she did go get the bus ticket or check his bank activities and LE has to know since she was alive at 5 pm that she returned again afterward later in the evening and that is when it happened. Even Sutherland is saying the time line is very tight.

What I did notice though I don't think Sutherland and OCSD can narrow down where Maria was kept until the 16th when CL borrowed the shovel and was seen driving Maria's vehicle out of his driveway. We can bet that the defense attorney is going to say her body remained in the garage for those two days and CSL knew all about it. I think they are going to try and create reasonable doubt who really had the most motive to kill Maria. If they can establish that he loved Maria and CSL knew it was much deeper then imo they will toss that in also.

imoo

How on earth did I miss the part about the big stuffed animal before? This bus trip has never made any sense to me from the get-go, but now she was going to travel across the country with a stuffed animal in tow, in addition to her luggage and she was 8 mo. pregnant! I don't think she was going to adopt the baby out, but rather just the opposite. The pressure from her mother might have made her decide to leave the Marines and get out of town ~ before her mother's scheduled visit the next weekend. In other words, I think she wanted to run away from her own family and may have had some help from Cesar, like she was going to be with some of his family when the baby was born. Then something went terribly wrong at his house.

How on earth did I miss the part about the big stuffed animal before?
It was in all of the photos, but don't think it had anything to do with her being pregnant myself.
2iqn62e.jpg

Like in all things we can find truth and lies in them. Of course he distanced himself from the actual crime and that would be expected but the rest didn't hurt him or help him either way and I think he just told what happened that day except as I said, owning up to killing her.

I see no reason for the rest of it to be false and it serves no purpose either way imo. He knew they could check it out and find that she did go get the bus ticket or check his bank activities and LE has to know since she was alive at 5 pm that she returned again afterward later in the evening and that is when it happened. Even Sutherland is saying the time line is very tight.

What I did notice though I don't think Sutherland and OCSD can narrow down where Maria was kept until the 16th when CL borrowed the shovel and was seen driving Maria's vehicle out of his driveway. We can bet that the defense attorney is going to say her body remained in the garage for those two days and CSL knew all about it. I think they are going to try and create reasonable doubt who really had the most motive to kill Maria. If they can establish that he loved Maria and CSL knew it was much deeper then imo they will toss that in also.

imoo
Another thing I still don't get is why Maria wasn't going to leave on the bus for 24 hrs. after buying the ticket and where she thought she was going to stay that night and most of the next day.

I completely agree about the defense strategy, and it might not be far from the truth. I still cannot help but think Christina knew and possibly was involved. MOO :)

It was in all of the photos, but don't think it had anything to do with her being pregnant myself.

2iqn62e.jpg
Oh now, of course, I remember it ~ it didn't seem that "big" to me, and I agree, it looks more like something that was just in her car all along and she wasn't planning to take it. I was thinking there was something else, like maybe baby-related. The trip though is still a mystery, especially leaving the Marines (and her insurance) right before giving birth. Just so many things that don't make sense I hope someone someday explains it all.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crackerjack82
Back