Marine Cpl. Cesar Laurean caught!!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
:clap::clap::clap:

I honestly thought I would die of old age before Cesar was brought back to face justice!

Now, as they say, let's get it on and get justice for Maria and Gabriel!

:woohoo:

( I have never used the woohoo icon but it is appropriate here!)

:clap::clap::clap:

I honestly thought I would die of old age before Cesar was brought back to face justice!

Now, as they say, let's get it on and get justice for Maria and Gabriel!

:woohoo:

( I have never used the woohoo icon but it is appropriate here!)

From the links I had read it stated that mostly likely he would be back in around 6 months.......so it seems they are right on schedule since he was arrested in Mexico in April and will be back in October.

I wonder if Christina has filed for a divorce yet?

imoo

From the links I had read it stated that mostly likely he would be back in around 6 months.......so it seems they are right on schedule since he was arrested in Mexico in April and will be back in October.

I'm wondering if she will???

I'm wondering if she will???

I have a feeling she will not, until after the trial and conviction of her husband. Right now the only leverage she has is the fact that legally she does not have to testify against him. IMO her cooperation with LE and the DA may be the only thing keeping charges of some sort from being leveled on her, in exchange of course for testimony. JMO

<getting out my folding chair and sippy cup in anticipation of the perp walk>

:)

I am bringing over what Tom'sGirl posted in the link thread.

Marine&#8217;s Mother Wins Security Changes For Military Women

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marine&#8217;s Mother Wins Security Changes For Military Women

Lauterbach Family Pushes Congress To Pass Amendments

POSTED: 6:23 pm EDT September 26, 2008
UPDATED: 6:36 pm EDT September 26, 2008

DAYTON, Ohio -- After the death of her daughter, Mary Lauterbach launched a battle to improve the security of women in the military.
She faulted the Marines for not doing enough to protect her daughter, Lance Cpl. Maria Lauterbach, when Maria reported that she had been raped by another Marine.

In an interview with WHIOTV.COM, her mother said she convinced Maria to report the attack.

&#8220;I was the one who said you have to report that. You owe it to all of your sister Marines to do that, so you have no choice. I was the one who pushed her to report it, not knowing what I was asking her to do. I feel that I owe it

While this sounds nice that a protection notification will be given to local police but I think in actuality it is nothing but window dressing. There has never been a RO that has insured that the victim isn't harmed. It is just a piece of paper and sometimes this is all that can be found in the home of a victim who has been brutally murdered or severely injured. ROs can insure that the defendant gets a stiffer sentences however it cannot ever insure the victim they will not be harmed. In fact in some cases it can be a triggering event that escalates the violence once the perp knows the victim has placed one on them.

The only way it could ever work is if LE was able to run surveillance 24/7 on each victim with the RO in place or the perp and that is just not reality. Our police departments are underfunded right now and would not have the manpower to make sure the RO or MPO weren't violated.

What Mary refuses to see is Maria also violated the MPO order. So how can protection be assured when that happens?

If someone is determined to harm someone there is no RO in place that is ever going to stop them. And usually by the time police show up it is too little ...too late.

imoo

<getting out my folding chair and sippy cup in anticipation of the perp walk>

:)

:dance:

I will drag mine out when/if we hear Cesar is on the plane home!!! LOL, just had a mental vision of you in your folding chair grasping your sippy cup!!!

I was beginning to think I would be wearing Depends and drinking from a sippy cup myself before Cesar got back. I know it hasn't really been very long, but it does seem so.

imoo

We would probably have heard about it if Christina had filed for divorce. Haven't heard a word about it!

I wonder if Christina will take their little girl to visit Cesar when he returns? :eek: I CANNOT believe I have forgatten that little girls name! I thought I would never be able to forget even one detail of this case!

(O/T. GB, my granddaughter in the USAF has gotten back to the states from Korea. Her husband is in the Army at Ft. Bragg. She has just this weekend moved to Fayetteville, N.C. to Pope AFB. How far is that from Jacksonville?)

We would probably have heard about it if Christina had filed for divorce. Haven't heard a word about it!

I wonder if Christina will take their little girl to visit Cesar when he returns? :eek: I CANNOT believe I have forgotten that little girls name! I thought I would never be able to forget even one detail of this case!

(O/T. GB, my granddaughter in the USAF has gotten back to the states from Korea. Her husband is in the Army at Ft. Bragg. She has just this weekend moved to Fayetteville, N.C. to Pope AFB. How far is that from Jacksonville?)

Hi LaLaw! Thank goodness for her safe return. I know you are glad to have her back on American soil.

Yes, I think she is going to stay married to him so he can invoke his privilege so she wont be compelled to testify.

Fayetteville is about two hours away from Jacksonville but I am not sure how far Pope AFB is from there. Our son was a Marine stationed in Jacksonville but he did have to evacuate a hurricane once and he went to Fayetteville. So it may even be less than 2 hours away.

I will try to find out for you though.

imoo

Hi LaLaw! Thank goodness for her safe return. I know you are glad to have her back on American soil.

Yes, I think she is going to stay married to him so he can invoke his privilege so she wont be compelled to testify.

Fayetteville is about two hours away from Jacksonville but I am not sure how far Pope AFB is from there. Our son was a Marine stationed in Jacksonville but he did have to evacuate a hurricane once and he went to Fayetteville. So it may even be less than 2 hours away.

I will try to find out for you though.

imoo

Hello! I came back over to see if there were any updates on when Cesar might be back!

I think you are correct in that Christina may remain married to him for those very reasons!!!

Oh, hope your son is doing well, oceanblueeyes! God bless him and you and your family! Thanks for the reply.

Wonder how long it will be until trial? I am old and I want to see justice done in this case while I can still sit at the computer to post and follow it! LOL!

Now that the news is out that he's fighting extradition, I suppose he won't be back by the middle of October?? :curses:

This is another reason I don't care for defense attorneys. This creep needs to come back to NC to face the charges instead of sitting in Mexico. Putting off the inevitable makes no sense.

This is another reason I don't care for defense attorneys. This creep needs to come back to NC to face the charges instead of sitting in Mexico. Putting off the inevitable makes no sense.

Well - it is not looking any better for him to be extradicted - seems Hudson gave up the DP and now Laurean's lawyer is arguing the LWOP.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3728300/

I wonder what the jackbutt thinks being beaten and burned in a bbq pit was. This kind of stuff just really makes me angry.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laloeromero
Back