Mark Sievers - Jury Selection

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Julia Jenaé‏ @JuliaCourtTV 55s56 seconds ago
At this point in #JimmyRodgers’ trial (co defendant convicted last month), the court had seated a jury.

#MarkSievers’ jury selection is going a lot slower. We are still towards the beginning of the second round with another round to go #Day4 #JurySelection #SieversMurderTrial

EJcidTzWwAADHnL.jpg

I have a question on jury selection....IF the Judge feels he has run it’s course of jurors in the current county and feels that trying to get more jurors would be futile because the case is well known, can the Judge go to another county and pull jurors from there mixing the jurors from two different counties to sit on the jury? So can jurors from two counties serve on one jury?

I hope that made sense. It appears IMO the people have figured out how to get off jury duty wether they really know about the case or not, they just do not want to serve. There are legitimate issues keeping some people from serving but I feel for this Judge.

Every good person wants the trial to start. We all want justice for TS and her family.
Thanks in advance.

I have a question on jury selection....IF the Judge feels he has run it’s course of jurors in the current county and feels that trying to get more jurors would be futile because the case is well known, can the Judge go to another county and pull jurors from there mixing the jurors from two different counties to sit on the jury? So can jurors from two counties serve on one jury?

I hope that made sense. It appears IMO the people have figured out how to get off jury duty wether they really know about the case or not, they just do not want to serve. There are legitimate issues keeping some people from serving but I feel for this Judge.

Every good person wants the trial to start. We all want justice for TS and her family.
Thanks in advance.

Typically the jurors will be from either the county, where the offense occurred, or they will be from another county, but they still have to be brought to the original place / county of where the offense was committed. You may want to ask AZLawyer.

I am basing my reply on this link:

2005 Florida Code - :: CRIMINAL PROCEDURE AND CORRECTIONS :: JURISDICTION AND VENUEChapter 910

..and specifically on Chapter 910 sub.ch. 910.03 Place of Trial generally:

(3) If a court finds that a fair and impartial jury cannot be impaneled in the county where the offense was committed, and the court determines that once a jury is selected it shall be sequestered, the court on its own motion, or upon a motion of any party, may elect to select a jury from a county other than where the offense was committed. The selection of the alternative county will be governed by the requirements of subsection (2). Upon completion of jury selection, the jury shall be brought for trial to the county where the offense was committed.

(Or the judge orders a change of venue, then this s.ch. applies)

(2) After a court orders a change of venue and in order to protect the defendant's due process rights, the court, upon a motion of any party, shall give priority to any county which closely resembles the demographic composition of the county wherein the original venue would lie.

I am not a lawyer, ALL IMO

-Nin

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member