Mark Sievers - Jury Selection

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Taylor Petras‏ @TaylorPetras 4m4 minutes ago

The judge now asking the first 50 potential jurors if they have any issues with the scheduling. Handful of jurors informing the judge of travel plans around the holidays with non-refundable plane tickets @winknews

Brooke Shafer‏ @BrookeWINKNews 6m6 minutes ago

The first question for potential jurors is about length of trial. #SieversTrial is expected to last five weeks. Not surprisingly, some of the first issues we're seeing are Thanksgiving travel plans. (Yes - we're about two weeks out from Thanksgiving) @winknews

Heads-up! I had no idea they had a live stream of JR's jury selection. IF they stream this one, that is a game changer here on WS. I am adamant about protecting the identity of jurors. I don't even understand why they would live stream it. Jurors identities should remain private - can't show their faces or mention names. I could understand an audio feed, I guess but not much else.

OTOH, IIRC, there actually was a live feed during Casey Anthony's voir dire. Either way, I don't like it for the aforementioned reasons. So if they do a live feed, absolutely no doxxing of jurors. No pics. No names.
I am just tweeting the reporters tweets, I will not post juror info!

Heads-up! I had no idea they had a live stream of JR's jury selection. IF they stream this one, that is a game changer here on WS. I am adamant about protecting the identity of jurors. I don't even understand why they would live stream it. Jurors identities should remain private - can't show their faces or mention names. I could understand an audio feed, I guess but not much else.

OTOH, IIRC, there actually was a live feed during Casey Anthony's voir dire. Either way, I don't like it for the aforementioned reasons. So if they do a live feed, absolutely no doxxing of jurors. No pics. No names.

They don’t say jurors names. It’s silenced out. And they don’t show faces, just the judges and attorneys while the questions are being answered. It was the same way with JRR.

They don’t say jurors names. It’s silenced out. And they don’t show faces, just the judges and attorneys while the questions are being answered. It was the same way with JRR.
I get it but it still makes me nervous. At the end of JR's trial (before deliberations) even Judge Kyle thanked the two alternates by name. People tend to forget sometimes that the proceedings are being aired live. I'm extremely protective of jurors' anonymity.

I get it but it still makes me nervous. At the end of JR's trial (before deliberations) even Judge Kyle thanked the two alternates by name. People tend to forget sometimes that the proceedings are being aired live. I'm extremely protective of jurors' anonymity.

I agree. I heard the names too. And he actually said our first potential jurors name today live also. I get it’s only the last name but still.

I agree. I heard the names too. And he actually said our first potential jurors name today live also. I get it’s only the last name but still.
There ya go. Sigh.

I don't mean to sound like such a hard <expletive> about it but I moderated the Anthony trial. We banned several members for sleuthing jurors. It is a really dangerous path to go down. No matter the ultimate verdict, jurors & their families should not be at risk for harassment or worse.

There ya go. Sigh.

I don't mean to sound like such a hard <expletive> about it but I moderated the Anthony trial. We banned several members for sleuthing jurors. It is a really dangerous path to go down. No matter the ultimate verdict, jurors & their families should not be at risk for harassment or worse.
Jurors should not be sleuthed. They are only doing their civic duty and are not charged with a crime. Ugh with what you have you have to put up with in case threads!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back