Mark Sievers Trial General Discussion Thread

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What is it with hammers? We just had a young man here in Michigan convicted of 1st degree murder for killing his sister and her boyfriend with a hammer. This is just such a vicious way to kill someone. Is it just convenient as CWW said or some people actually prefer it such as JRR, better known as "Hammer" I just can't wrap my head around it.

Small detail, but quite a few lefties, especially of his vintage, are pretty ambidextrous, and it isn't surprising to me that he may write with his left and wield a hammer (nails, not people) with his right. Both myself and one of my children are VERY left-handed, but both of us will throw and catch a ball, swing a racket, brush our teeth, sway a fly and hammer a nail with our right hands as easily as our left (ostensibly dominant) hand, and we'll do it generally without thinking about or changing it.

May or may not be true for CWW, and he clearly lies all the time, but he may not be lying about this detail specifically, IMO.
Not a small detail at all. Excellent point. Thanks for sharing that.

I’m so jaded when it comes to these creeps. It’s gotten to the point that I assume they are lying unless I have proof otherwise.

Quick rant: I hate, hate the way this prosecutor asks questions. Ugggghhhh. He jumps from topic to topic and his tone is so monotone and it's hard to stay engaged. Listening to Dr. P's direct exam now and it's like this is the prosecutor's first trial. Geez. Pick it up a little!!

Quick rant: I hate, hate the way this prosecutor asks questions. Ugggghhhh. He jumps from topic to topic and his tone is so monotone and it's hard to stay engaged. Listening to Dr. P's direct exam now and it's like this is the prosecutor's first trial. Geez. Pick it up a little!!

They're all jumping around more than I'd like, and some things are going to be left out that I'd like included. Hey, don't mind me, I've never been paid for my amateur legal opinion. :)

ASA Hunter Hamid, yes, I tend to agree that his tone is boring. Yet, I love the way that ASA Cynthia Ross speaks. She really holds my interest much better. Plus I like the way she dresses usually with interesting suit jackets that have a pattern that help keep my eyes on her.

Rewatching Taylor's interview on CourtTV. I'm gobsmacked at her lackadaisical way of talking about how her boyfriend killed someone with a hammer. And how that's his weapon of choice. And how she just assumed he was "working" when he was away. What kind of "work" did she think he was doing? Why is she not even the least bit emotional in this interview?

Last edited:
Not a small detail at all. Excellent point. Thanks for sharing that.

I’m so jaded when it comes to these creeps. It’s gotten to the point that I assume they are lying unless I have proof otherwise.
while working on a bloc wall for a front garden wayne used both hands to handle those heavy blocks

How old are the Sievers kids now? Who do they live with and in which state? I hope they are being shielded from this as much as possible.

The girls were 8 and 11 at the time of the murder so that would add up to 12 and 15 now (not sure when their birthdays are - but 4+ years later). They had to live in Florida for a while (approximately 2+ years) after the murder and after MS's arrest (court order). TS's mother was granted guardianship and she relocated to Estero. She rented a home for her and the girls. They were enrolled in a charter school in BS. Grandma wanted to relocate them to CT because the media coverage about the case has been CONSTANT here since the murder. She also wanted them near family so they could help her raise them. She was denied relocation a few times (not exactly sure how many times). I do remember we were all rooting for her here on WS. A teacher at the school asked 1 of the girls if she was the "daughter of that murdered doctor"? Also, there was some comments and teasing from 3 other students. Shortly after these incidents, she was granted relocation by the court.

My heart breaks for those beautiful girls. I pray for them daily. ♡♡♡

The girls were 8 and 11 at the time of the murder so that would add up to 12 and 15 now (not sure when their birthdays are - but 4+ years later). They had to live in Florida for a while (approximately 2+ years) after the murder and after MS's arrest (court order). TS's mother was granted guardianship and she relocated to Estero. She rented a home for her and the girls. They were enrolled in a charter school in BS. Grandma wanted to relocate them to CT because the media coverage about the case has been CONSTANT here since the murder. She also wanted them near family so they could help her raise them. She was denied relocation a few times (not exactly sure how many times). I do remember we were all rooting for her here on WS. A teacher at the school asked 1 of the girls if she was the "daughter of that murdered doctor"? Also, there was some comments and teasing from 3 other students. Shortly after these incidents, she was granted relocation by the court.

My heart breaks for those beautiful girls. I pray for them daily. ♡♡♡

Oh wow. I wasn't following during that time. I'm so glad they are away from Florida and hope they fully recover from this trauma. Does Ann Lisa have children?

What is it with hammers? We just had a young man here in Michigan convicted of 1st degree murder for killing his sister and her boyfriend with a hammer. This is just such a vicious way to kill someone. Is it just convenient as CWW said or some people actually prefer it such as JRR, better known as "Hammer" I just can't wrap my head around it.
Oh my, that is terrible! I did not hear about that case even though that's my home state.

In today's testimony, the crime scene detective from Missouri took pictures of 3 hammers that were on the nightstand in JRR and TayS's bedroom! Who on earth keeps 3 hammers on a nightstand? JRR did! All I could think was that TayS is 1 lucky girl that 1 of those hammers were not used on her.

The amount of evil by the "apple dumpling gang" is off the charts!!!

Mark Sievers Trial - YouTube
Mark Sievers Trial
18 videos

1:27:39NOW PLAYING
Mark Sievers Trial Day 4 - Sandra Hoskins - Victim's Employee & Det Nick Schuenemann
Law & Crime Network

1:10:10NOW PLAYING
Mark Sievers Trial Day 4 - Det Nick Schuenemann, Jeffrey Conway & Capt John Long
Law & Crime Network

1:11:24NOW PLAYING
Mark Sievers Trial Day 4 - Kimberly Van Waus, Aimee Lusk, Matthew Sands, Jason Duvall & Gladys Marti
Law & Crime Network

1:17:05NOW PLAYING
Mark Sievers Trial Day 4 - Lt David Lebid Lee Co Sheriff's Dept
Law & Crime Network

Oh wow. I wasn't following during that time. I'm so glad they are away from Florida and hope they fully recover from this trauma. Does Ann Lisa have children?
I thought of another interesting fact about the girls- after MS's arrest, he was writing to them from jail in German. He claimed it was because the daughter was learning German. It was brought up by CPS and he had to stop with the german writing.

Oh my, that is terrible! I did not hear about that case even though that's my home state.

In today's testimony, the crime scene detective from Missouri took pictures of 3 hammers that were on the nightstand in JRR and TayS's bedroom! Who on earth keeps 3 hammers on a nightstand? JRR did! All I could think was that TayS is 1 lucky girl that 1 of those hammers were not used on her.

The amount of evil by the "apple dumpling gang" is off the charts!!!
Sorry to jump in from nowhere but I saw this and wondered if each hammer holds a memory for JRR of a murder he committed.

Serial killers love to keep momentos to help them relive their crimes and who knows how many he's done?

Sorry to jump in from nowhere but I saw this and wondered if each hammer holds a memory for JRR of a murder he committed.

Serial killers love to keep momentos to help them relive their crimes and who knows how many he's done?
Thanks for jumping in as you made an excellent point there that I didn't even think of because I was so shocked about 3 hammers being on the nightstand!!
Perhaps they are mementoes. After all, he held on to the jumpsuit for a while afterward.
Evil, pure evil.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Clean
Back