Mark Sievers Trial General Discussion Thread

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Okay, so nobody has asked me why I wrote that was MM's second mistake. His first mistake?"
I could be a wise *advertiser censored* and say, "Taking MS as a client was his first mistake"... but that is not it. His first mistake in my opinion (and this part was very, very important to me) in front of jury that is 75% women was the disrespect an ire he directed towards Kimberly Van Waus. Beginning at 29:04 of this video, when MM misunderstood the amount of her training on blood patterns, he immediately (and snidely IMO) started, "Didn't you swear to tell the truth....blah, blah, blah." I was greatly offended by his aggressive tactic to intimidate an educated, confident, well spoken and beautiful female professional. (He needs to remember this case is about a bald headed man beating an educated, confident, well spoken and beautiful female professional to death!) Even worse, he NEVER EVEN OFFERED AN APOLOGY(!!!), when she calmly told him the transcript of her depo, should have been two separate sentences. Of course she was the ultimate professional and calm on the stand.... I am probably close in age to the majority of the jurors. MM, at that moment IMO, came across as a bully to many of the jurors.
This really irritated me as well. He comes off like an angry bully, which is what his client is.

Rewatching Taylor's interview on CourtTV. I'm gobsmacked at her lackadaisical way of talking about how her boyfriend killed someone with a hammer. And how that's his weapon of choice. And how she just assumed he was "working" when he was away. What kind of "work" did she think he was doing? Why is she not even the least bit emotional in this interview?

I agree. I’m watching CTV Taylor’s interview. It’s just mind blowing as you say...Then they play Krystal Lee video, her showing LE all of Kelsey’s blood spatter in the home that she cleaned up for Frazee...and helped burn Kelsey’s body.
Who are these monsters?....and they are mothers?!
JMO

Quick rant: I hate, hate the way this prosecutor asks questions. Ugggghhhh. He jumps from topic to topic and his tone is so monotone and it's hard to stay engaged. Listening to Dr. P's direct exam now and it's like this is the prosecutor's first trial. Geez. Pick it up a little!!
Agree. He is also slow to get to the point. A lot of time spent referencing his notes in between questions IMO. I would think by now he would have it down pact. On the other hand, it appears that questions have to be phrased a specific way or the defense will raise an objection.

Quick rant: I hate, hate the way this prosecutor asks questions. Ugggghhhh. He jumps from topic to topic and his tone is so monotone and it's hard to stay engaged. Listening to Dr. P's direct exam now and it's like this is the prosecutor's first trial. Geez. Pick it up a little!!
Agree. He is also slow to get to the point. A lot of time spent referencing his notes in between questions IMO. I would think by now he would have it down pact. On the other hand, it appears that questions have to be phrased a specific way or the defense will raise an objection.

Just started watching today's trial. Is the stepmom, (friend of MS' mother) reading a book?
Also, who is the young brunette lady with glasses sitting in the row in front of stepmom?

MS makes me sick, scribbling. So far, I have been impressed with the witnesses. Poor Sandra H., she was having to control her anger.

Hello wonderful Websleuths! Watching the video today of Rodgers girlfriend was really disturbing ---I can't imagine that depravity of these people. Did she continue to live with him until he was arrested? Did she come forth to help the police by her own volition or to cover her own posterior when it became evident that she knew important info? I think that she is a cute looking girl--very overweight, but pretty--she must have a really low sense of self worth to have a relationship with that monster. Jimmy Rodgers had a pregnant girlfriend (wife?) at home when he was bludgeoning an innocent mother to death for money. I wonder if she will tell that child who her father is--God, what a nightmare. I don't understand why that was murder in the 2nd degree. I need to watch to read about that piece of this investigation and trial. I think that everyone involved should be sentenced to the highest letter of the law and never again see the light of day. They are not even human beings. I am sorry if I sound harsh--but I don't think that they deserve to ever see the light of day. Sick losers.

I wish that Sandra would have been on the stand longer. She appeared to be steeling herself from intense anger at this atrocity. Her face was expressionless and stern....she must have been traumatized by this herself. I find myself thinking of Dr. Seviers little girls--their grandmother is taking care of them, but how do they process all of this? I pray that they will heal and will go on to live happy long lives.

Why was Jimmy Rodgers called Jimmy "The Hammer"....was that every explained? I saw the footage of his nightstand that had a big collection of hammers--I don't think it was because h e was a handyman--I wonder if he has bludgeoned other people.

I remembered seeing JRR's fb back then. He started getting in trouble young and it escalated. I doubt he was proud of being a builder with his hammer, more likely proud he could destroy with it. Yuck, so sick, huh.

You might find this 2015 article helpful as it tells more about JRR's background.
Two Missouri men accused of killing doctor in Florida

"Rodgers' Facebook page was taken down or made private Friday afternoon, but it had listed his name as "Hammer"'

Thank You, SeesSeas!

Had to step out and thank you for the beautiful job you did, in presenting the sections of the Dr. Sievers Trial videos. It is a gift and a blessing to our international supporters, and others who do not have the capability to receive them. We all wait with bated breath for Justice. Thank you for helping.

I didn't understand the limited questioning of SH, or the vibe. I feel I should have gotten more out of her testimony. She knew lots.

ITA - I expected SH to be asked about the working relationship of TS, MS & the staff, and more importantly the working rapport between TS & MS. SH had a lot to tell MOO.

ITA - I expected SH to be asked about the working relationship of TS, MS & the staff, and more importantly the working rapport between TS & MS. SH had a lot to tell MOO.

After following back-to-back two other trials which flowed so smoothly, this one is so disjointed to me.

And it seems like JRR and cww are on trial for the prosecution versus Mark.

When are they going to get around to talking about Mark?

Yes, I followed PF’s trial and believe it to be a benchmark for all future trials. It was executed flawlessly and was impressive to follow without being able to view it. And even with the media being gagged on the courthouse grounds they kept the public informed of all the happenings.

I truly did not expect to be bored during this trial. Or have issues with the prosecution. However I am, and I do. They better pull it together or Mark WILL be out and those kids will go back to him. Without the texts coming in (and maybe they still will) and jury not knowing what we know... there are going to be alot of things the defense can 'wipe' away.

I truly did not expect to be bored during this trial. Or have issues with the prosecution. However I am, and I do. They better pull it together or Mark WILL be out and those kids will go back to him. Without the texts coming in (and maybe they still will) and jury not knowing what we know... there are going to be alot of things the defense can 'wipe' away.

I agree—it seems more like CWW and JR trial. They need to connect it to Mark more.

Am I dense or not seeing the big picture. I cannot connect any of this questioning that is a rehash of JRR trial to Marks involvement in the murder. Am I missing something
MIKEINMO You are NOT missing anything:););) In poker, it is called the "slow play." I am getting the feeling "witnesses" have not shown up! Holy Moley...can you imagine Jrr trial without Tay Sho appearing when subpoenaed to court?? (Ugh, I thought this might be the case when the judge said "they are under subpoena" and this case will finish in 5 weeks.) I've noticed most of the latest witnesses are from Lee County or the sheriff's dept and appearing would be no hardship.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Clean
Back