Max's Search Warrants Released!!!! Discuss Max's Death here #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doubt, thank you so much for this thoughtful post! I hope you are on your way to a healthy recovery and are doing ok. Hugs and prayers and welcome back!!

Honestly however, I do not think the doctor should feel at all guilty for reporting any suspicions he had. What he did after reporting to cps, may be a reason to feel guilty however. This is why the guidelines are in place not to talk about suspicions to others involved, beyond asking the medical questions necessary to treat the patient.

sunnie, on further thought, regarding the doc, you're absolutely right. he did exactly the right thing with the info he had and i should have recognized that from the start.

I wonder if cps might still be involved....ms has a fatal accident and then rz is very likely murdered in the same week. There are still children involved in this household, wonder if they see this as a cause for concern. Jmo.

Your comment on the neighbor's not calling 911 absolutely makes sense.

After a murder occurs, police routinely interview the victim's neighbors and ask them whether they have seen or heard anything unusual.

If anyone who has truly heard or seen anthing must have called 911 and those who have not called 911 are not credible, why will police even do the interviews after the murder occurs? That's because very often, people don't call 911 after seeing or hearing unusual things. The reasons can be various. Maybe they doubted their ears/eyes. Maybe they did't want to get involved. Maybe they were not able to connect what they saw/heard with a true crime earlier. Maybe they thought what they heard was from TV/teenagers. The reasons can be countless.

I am not saying the witness in RZ's case is absolutely credible. But to discredit him/her, it takes more than the fact that he/she did not call 911 on 7/12.

bbm. What murder? According to the AR and SW linked here many times, <modsnip>. afaik, it's not a fact that police ever canvassed the neighbors.

I think it would be very callous for someone to hear a cry for help and do nothing about it. Dialing 911 is as simple as it gets. To not report it until much later only after learning about a death is of no help to the dead person. I can see why the police would not take such a report seriously.

JMO

I wonder if cps might still be involved....ms has a fatal accident and then rz is very likely murdered in the same week. There are still children involved in this household, wonder if they see this as a cause for concern. Jmo.

I think the rulings of accident and suicide also closed the CPS case.

JMO

bbm. What murder? According to the AR and SW linked here many times, the detective who initially thought this case was a homicide did change his mind after entering the house. afaik, it's not a fact that police ever canvassed the neighbors.

I think it would be very callous for someone to hear a cry for help and do nothing about it. Dialing 911 is as simple as it gets. To not report it until much later only after learning about a death is of no help to the dead person. I can see why the police would not take such a report seriously.

JMO

Living in a resort area near the beach I would imagine that people might think that the yell came from there.....maybe a few college kids partying on the beach. Also, with the reports of the loud music and neighbors thinking a party was going on, I don't find it strange at all. After the fact it probably clicked for them. My neighbor went away just last weekend, and their teenage kids were having a loud pool party with music, and I heard a few yells, but figured it was the kids partying. Didn't think to call the police.

Also, not for nothing, it is the le's JOB to take every report seriously, especially in a possible murder investigation. To not follow up with this, not once but TWICE is irresponsible and unprofessional. My opinion.

I think the rulings of accident and suicide also closed the CPS case.

JMO

I have been in a situation where I have had to call cps on a few instances because I do work with small children. Once a report is made they are like a dog hunting a bone, they don't just let things be. With there being other children in this household, it would not surprise me at all if they are still involved in this. Jmo.

bbm. What murder? According to the AR and SW linked here many times, <modsnip>. afaik, it's not a fact that police ever canvassed the neighbors.

JMO

Can you please quote or link to where in the AR or SW that it says the detective changed his mind from murder to suicide after entering the residence? TIA

Living in a resort area near the beach I would imagine that people might think that the yell came from there.....maybe a few college kids partying on the beach. Also, with the reports of the loud music and neighbors thinking a party was going on, I don't find it strange at all. After the fact it probably clicked for them. My neighbor went away just last weekend, and their teenage kids were having a loud pool party with music, and I heard a few yells, but figured it was the kids partying. Didn't think to call the police.

Also, not for nothing, it is the le's JOB to take every report seriously, especially in a possible murder investigation. To not follow up with this, not once but TWICE is irresponsible and unprofessional. My opinion.

We'll have to agree to disagree. LE can't follow up on something reported so much later after it was heard. If I heard someone scream for help, I wouldn't automatically conclude it was a joke and do nothing. I've made reports to 911. It isn't all that difficult. It is LE's job to investigate, not mine.

JMO

Can you please quote or link to where in the AR or SW that it says the detective changed his mind from murder to suicide after entering the residence? TIA

So much has been released, I don't recall exactly where I read it which is why I made it clear it was my opinion.

We'll have to agree to disagree. LE can't follow up on something reported so much later after it was heard. If I heard someone scream for help, I wouldn't automatically conclude it was a joke and do nothing. I've made reports to 911. It isn't all that difficult. It is LE's job to investigate, not mine.

JMO

Le absolutely can follow up on anything reported. If they did not do this we wouldn't be constantly hearing about cases that become resolved weeks, months or even years later. Jmo.

I have been in a situation where I have had to call cps on a few instances because I do work with small children. Once a report is made they are like a dog hunting a bone, they don't just let things be. With there being other children in this household, it would not surprise me at all if they are still involved in this. Jmo.

I'm assuming the initial CPS investigation did determine whether the other children were in harm's way.

JMO

It does not state it in the ar or sw. Just states his initial suspicions.

Le absolutely can follow up on anything reported. If they did not do this we wouldn't be constantly hearing about cases that become resolved weeks, months or even years later. Jmo.

In this case, LE did follow up. They took a report didn't they? I live in an area where 911 prioritizes the calls. Reporting a noise a day after it was heard would probably get a similar response to calls about vandalism, which took over two hours for LE to respond to my call but they never caught the perp.

JMO

In this case, LE did follow up. They took a report didn't they? I live in an area where 911 prioritizes the calls. Reporting a noise a day after it was heard would probably get a similar response to calls about vandalism, which took over two hours for LE to respond to my call but they never caught the perp.

JMO

According to this article the witness was blown off by le.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2040813/Rebecca-Zahau-Police-ignored-witness-heard-scream-Shacknai-mansion.html

Thank you for the article link. I have just reread the AR and the SW, I did not find that info in either, I may be misreading. Could you please quote where his opinion changed from murder to suicide. TIA.

His changed opinion resulting from the executed search warrant was reflected at the news conference and in the ruling by the ME of suicide.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member