Still Missing MD - Akia Eggleston, 22, 8 months pregnant, Baltimore, 3 May 2017 *Guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wow, Henry, thank you for all of this!

Is there any word on the money - is it missing?

After reading tonight's posts, I feel there are 2 clear motives. JMHO of course.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

Wow, Henry, thank you for all of this!

Is there any word on the money - is it missing?

After reading tonight's posts, I feel there are 2 clear motives. JMHO of course.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk
Hi Flute- lets thank Michelle Sigona at Crime Watch Daily. I can't find any info on the status of the money.

This article proposes 3 questions:
Did she walk away? (Haven't found anyone supporting it)
Was she targeted for the money?
Was she targeted for her baby?

https://crimewatchdaily.com/2017/12...n-day-of-baby-shower-reward-for-info-offered/

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

"Would you say it's more possible that there's foul play in all of this?

"Gut, 24 years of experience, yeah," said Det. Reno.

Akia's stepfather agrees.

"We expected foul play from day one," said Shawn Wilkinson. "The first thing that comes to my mind is, Where's the father?"

The father of Akia's unborn son, Andre Michael Robinson.

Is he cooperative?

"I can't answer that," said Det. Michael Reno.

"I have been directed not to speak to him [Robinson]," said Shawn, who says Robinson has not shown up for any searches. "The police have interviewed him and that's all they've told me."

Andre Michael Robinson has not been named a suspect. He has not been arrested or charged in connection with the disappearance of Akia Eggleston."

https://crimewatchdaily.com/2017/12...n-day-of-baby-shower-reward-for-info-offered/

"We had her stop in several locations. We had her at the Royal Farms, where she takes money out of the money machine, and then goes to the counter, where she gets cashier's checks. We have her at a Wells Fargo in South Baltimore, where she says she was waiting on a check to come in."

Reno says the checks were coming from various places and people.

I'm really concerned about this money situation. What was going on? Also the step dad said the baby's father was a childhood friend of his. So he was the step dad's age?? It seems like he wasn't very helpful to the police. And it was stated that she was supposed to be moving in with the baby's father. Sadly I don't think Akia is still alive.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

"Would you say it's more possible that there's foul play in all of this?

"Gut, 24 years of experience, yeah," said Det. Reno.

Akia's stepfather agrees.

"We expected foul play from day one," said Shawn Wilkinson. "The first thing that comes to my mind is, Where's the father?"

The father of Akia's unborn son, Andre Michael Robinson.

Is he cooperative?

"I can't answer that," said Det. Michael Reno.

"I have been directed not to speak to him [Robinson]," said Shawn, who says Robinson has not shown up for any searches. "The police have interviewed him and that's all they've told me."

Andre Michael Robinson has not been named a suspect. He has not been arrested or charged in connection with the disappearance of Akia Eggleston."

The step father was friends with the father of her baby. Warning bells ringing in my head here.

I hope that poor woman and her child are safe and sound. This is so sad and frightening. I wonder if Andre got the money she was collecting for their house that they were moving into. I'm also curious as to why she went to so many places that day to get all that money- several banks?!?!? Where is the money?

The step father was friends with the father of her baby. Warning bells ringing in my head here.

I hope that poor woman and her child are safe and sound. This is so sad and frightening. I wonder if Andre got the money she was collecting for their house that they were moving into. I'm also curious as to why she went to so many places that day to get all that money- several banks?!?!? Where is the money?

I'm also curious as to why she went to so many places that day to get all that money- several banks?!?!? Where is the money?

Snipped for focus.

As soon as I heard she went to several banks that day to get cash I was suspicious. It seems the reason you’d do that is because you need the money NOW. And you need cash.

If they were moving into a new place, and needed a lump sum right away, would it be cash? I suppose it depends on details of the place - was it a house, apartment, part of a complex, sold by owner, etc.

Either way, to me it sounds sketchy to pay cash. Perhaps the person selling or renting to them was a seedy character, or she needed the cash for another reason entirely and told the friend driving her that day that it was for her new place, as her friends likely knew she was planning on moving.

JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snipped for focus.

As soon as I heard she went to several banks that day to get cash I was suspicious. It seems the reason you’d do that is because you need the money NOW. And you need cash.

If they were moving into a new place, and needed a lump sum right away, would it be cash? I suppose it depends on details of the place - was it a house, apartment, part of a complex, sold by owner, etc.

Either way, to me it sounds sketchy to pay cash. Perhaps the person selling or renting to them was a seedy character, or she needed the cash for another reason entirely and told the friend driving her that day that it was for her new place, as her friends likely knew she was planning on moving.

JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With such an urgency for the cash, it makes me wonder if it was really for the rent or something else. Was she being threatened for some reason or the father of her child? Did she go to pay someone off thinking she would be ok once the debt was settled? Was the boyfriend on drugs or a gambler?

The FBI is hoping any tips might help them find Eggleston and are offering a $25,000 reward for information in the case.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2018/05/03/pregnant-woman-missing/

akia-eggleston2.jpg
eggleston3.jpg

It's a sad mystery. It's almost as if someone tried to erase Akia completely by taking all of her belongings and making her disappear. She was so close to delivering her baby, and that must have been a terrifying reality for the (assumed) father of the baby, since by all appearances, he had been in a long term relationship with someone else, and they had a couple of babies. It doesn't look like he ever had any intentions of leaving the first woman for Akia, but then again, it doesn't look like he'd cheat on the first woman either. There is something very fishy about how much those two fall over themselves to compliment each other publicly on SM on a constant basis. Is it possible he was playing both ladies for months? What would have been going through Akia's mind if she saw this on a constant basis? Is it possible that Akia believed he was going to leave this other woman for her?

I also wonder: Have police traced the movements of Akia's phone, the baby's father's phone, and the father's partner's phone?

Is there anyone else who would have had a motive to hurt Akia? I'm suspicious that the roommate knew more than what they are saying. How is it possible that the roommate wouldn't know who took Akia's belongings out of the house? Did the roommate move as well?

There is just a real deficit of information on this case.

It's a sad mystery. It's almost as if someone tried to erase Akia completely by taking all of her belongings and making her disappear. She was so close to delivering her baby, and that must have been a terrifying reality for the (assumed) father of the baby, since by all appearances, he had been in a long term relationship with someone else, and they had a couple of babies. It doesn't look like he ever had any intentions of leaving the first woman for Akia, but then again, it doesn't look like he'd cheat on the first woman either. There is something very fishy about how much those two fall over themselves to compliment each other publicly on SM on a constant basis. Is it possible he was playing both ladies for months? What would have been going through Akia's mind if she saw this on a constant basis? Is it possible that Akia believed he was going to leave this other woman for her?

I also wonder: Have police traced the movements of Akia's phone, the baby's father's phone, and the father's partner's phone?

Is there anyone else who would have had a motive to hurt Akia? I'm suspicious that the roommate knew more than what they are saying. How is it possible that the roommate wouldn't know who took Akia's belongings out of the house? Did the roommate move as well?

There is just a real deficit of information on this case.
Can you link the fb pages?

I just looked at the TOS, and it appears that if a suspect is not named, we cannot link their facebook pages, sorry. And unfortunately, if Akia was actively connected to the BF and his other GF, they have unfriended her because there is no trace of either of them on her FB. I have found another account of Akia's from prior to her disappearance, and oh gosh, she seemed like such a good mommy, hard working, and just a nice young lady trying to make it. I guess it's not against TOS to post links to that, but you may not find anything at all referring to the BF/otherGF.

It's weird, why wouldn't Akia post about her boyfriend and name him ever? She writes about him when there are problems with him, but she never names him. Did she want to keep that part of her life somewhat private?

Here is the older FB, she was using it as recently as Dec 2016 https://www.facebook.com/shawnte.eggleston
And then not sure if this has been posted, her most recent FB? https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100014308929411

MISSING: Family of pregnant mother plead for answers one year later

BALTIMORE -- WBFF -- Family and friends gathered Saturday to pray for a missing Baltimore mother, now one year after her disappearance.

[...]

“I'm begging you, said Akia’s father on bended knees and before a crowd of people Saturday. “I'm asking with everything in me to please come forward. Bring my daughter home. Bring the mother of my grandson home.”

Police confirmed Thursday investigators have yet to identify a suspect or person of interest in the case.

“Not everyone has cooperated to the extent that we would hope they would,” said BPD Spokesperson TJ Smith, when asked if people have been helpful in the case. “Her family has been cooperative and some of her friends have been very cooperative.”

As the investigation continues, Akia’s family has enlisted the help of the Washington D.C based group Black and Missing. Representatives with the organization attended Saturday’s prayer vigil.

The FBI is offering a reward of up to $25,000 for information regarding the whereabouts of Akia Eggleston.

The FBI’s Baltimore Field office can be contacted at 410 265-8080. Baltimore Police can be contacted at 410 396-2499.

http://foxbaltimore.com/news/local/...gnant-mother-plead-for-answers-one-year-later

I just looked at the TOS, and it appears that if a suspect is not named, we cannot link their facebook pages, sorry. And unfortunately, if Akia was actively connected to the BF and his other GF, they have unfriended her because there is no trace of either of them on her FB. I have found another account of Akia's from prior to her disappearance, and oh gosh, she seemed like such a good mommy, hard working, and just a nice young lady trying to make it. I guess it's not against TOS to post links to that, but you may not find anything at all referring to the BF/otherGF.

It's weird, why wouldn't Akia post about her boyfriend and name him ever? She writes about him when there are problems with him, but she never names him. Did she want to keep that part of her life somewhat private?

Here is the older FB, she was using it as recently as Dec 2016 https://www.facebook.com/shawnte.eggleston
And then not sure if this has been posted, her most recent FB? https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100014308929411
On the second one, it seems like she was having relationship problems.

Akia Eggleston went missing in Baltimore, Maryland in May of 2017. Akia’s family became alarmed when the 21-year-old failed to show up to her own baby shower on May 3. Calls to Akia went unanswered. Family members visited her apartment to find only a couple of dressers and her bed. They said it looked as if she had moved out. Akia then missed her next prenatal appointment. Akia was eight months along with a high-risk pregnancy at the time. Her son would now be 17 months old. Authorities originally said they did not suspect foul play in connection with her disappearance, but now they tell Dateline they believe foul play is involved. On November 7, 2017, the FBI announced a reward of up to $25,000 for information regarding Akia’s whereabouts.

Five years of Dateline’s Missing in America: 109 still missing

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scorpioo18
Back