MD - Forbes “30 Under 30” CEO Pava LaPere, 26, found with blunt-force trauma, Baltimore, 25 September 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The young tech executive, who had been featured in this year’s Forbes 30 under 30 list for social impact, is being mourned as an innovative leader who was devoted to supporting those around her.

The building where she was found had security measures that would have required someone to “allow the (suspect) in the building,” Worley said.

“This individual will kill, and he will rape,” Worley cautioned, citing the suspect’s criminal record. “He will do anything he can to cause harm.”
Pava LaPere.

Pava LaPere

In 2015, he pleaded guilty to a first-degree sex offense and was sentenced to 30 years behind bars, according to the records.

But he was released only seven years later by then-District Attorney Marilyn Mosby —<modsnip - politics> — on “good-time credits,” according to the Baltimore Banner.

Last edited by a moderator:
Her building was described as having "luxury" apartments. In Baltimore would a 1 bedroom at $1,500 /mo be a "luxury" apartment?

Baltimore Mayor Brandon Scott said Billingsley should have never been released.

“There is no way in hell that he should have been out on the street,” Mr Scott said. “When the police go out and do their job, as they did in this case ... and the state’s attorney goes out and does their work, gets the conviction, the conviction should be the conviction.”

Lets see if the early release system stays in effect. 30 year sentence out in 7. What a joke.

BPD's Special Investigations Section is working to determine potential connections to Billingsley and other cases,' the police said.

DailyMail.com can reveal detectives are probing possible links to an assault and arson attack in West Baltimore on September 19 that left two people in critical condition and a child in the hospital.

The incident began when firefighters responded to smoke billowing from the basement of a townhouse at 9:24am.

They rescued a man and a woman, both aged 26, who had burns and 'multiple injuries', along with a five-year-old child found suffering from smoke inhalation.

A police source told DailyMail.com the attacker had initially targeted the woman, sexually assaulting her and slashing at her throat with a knife.

Asked if Billingsley was considered a suspect, a spokeswoman for the Baltimore Police Department told DailyMail.com: 'We can't confirm that.'
Billingsley linked to knifepoint sex attack WEEK before LaPere killing

I 100% agree with LE - This menace shouldn't have been on the streets to do this.

Her building was described as having "luxury" apartments. In Baltimore would a 1 bedroom at $1,500 /mo be a "luxury" apartment?
I would say not.

But.... during a trip to Chicago, a local once explained to me that historic and trendy Hyde Park area buildings can be a huge mix size wise. Sizes can in the same building can range from ultra efficient one bedroom closets to urban mansions with the highly desirable corner windows to everything in between.

I dont know if some Baltimore buildings can have this size / cost range in one building.

Billingsley was previously arrested in 2013, 2011 and 2009 for multiple charges including sex offense.

"There is no way in Hell he should have been on the streets," Mayor Brandon Scott said.

Billingsley pleaded guilty to a first-degree sex offense in 2015 and received a prison sentence of 30 years with all but 14 years suspended, according to online court records.

Worley said Billingsley was considered armed and dangerous, and was a suspect in “at least one other case” that he declined to describe.

The state corrections department lists Billingsley as a registered sex offender who lives in the 1500 block of Baker Street in the Sandtown-Winchester neighborhood of West Baltimore. According to the department, he was released on Oct. 5, 2022 and is listed as “non-compliant,” though it was unclear why.

There are 100s of criminals like Billingsley out on the streets because our prison system, like our justice system is broken. Of course he shouldn't have been out - good time credits? that would be humorous if it were not so horribly tragic--- they are a joke--

In real estate advertising, IMO stainless steel appliances qualify as 'luxury'.

Also, it depends on the alternatives in the area. In some areas it means 'no rats or roaches', 'functioning elevator', etc.

JMO

As for violent criminals being released after only 30% of the sentence served..... its not unheard of, especially in certain states.
So he had been in a state prison, not a federal prison?

This guy had quite a record of violence, I wonder what sequence of events lead up to him getting released so early. Parole board says he wasn’t granted early parole.

So he had been in a state prison, not a federal prison?

This guy had quite a record of violence, I wonder what sequence of events lead up to him getting released so early. Parole board says he wasn’t granted early parole.
There is something called "Good credit" where a prisoner gets credit for alleged good conduct- he apparently had accumulated enough "good credit" so he got out much earlier than his sentence. It is disgusting. I am from Michigan and I googled and found out that good credits have been eliminated from the State Prison system; that should be eliminated from all prison systems. Billingsley had a criminal history- I guess that does not matter if you know how to play the system you can get released from prison years before your sentence would be up and even earlier than parole would allow. I want to barf.

In real estate advertising, IMO stainless steel appliances qualify as 'luxury'.

Also, it depends on the alternatives in the area. In some areas it means 'no rats or roaches', 'functioning elevator', etc.

JMO
Gotcha, but I would hope the definition might be different in news reporting from real estate advertising as it might affect the perception of the wealth of the individual which might go toward motive. Just my thoughts.

There is something called "Good credit" where a prisoner gets credit for alleged good conduct- he apparently had accumulated enough "good credit" so he got out much earlier than his sentence. It is disgusting. I am from Michigan and I googled and found out that good credits have been eliminated from the State Prison system; that should be eliminated from all prison systems. Billingsley had a criminal history- I guess that does not matter if you know how to play the system you can get released from prison years before your sentence would be up and even earlier than parole would allow. I want to barf.
He must know he's never going to get out again, once he's caught this time. So I hope they can find him before he hurts anyone else.

JMO

Gotcha, but I would hope the definition might be different in news reporting from real estate advertising as it might affect the perception of the wealth of the individual which might go toward motive. Just my thoughts.
I'm not sure, but I think the 'news reporting' in this case was the Daily Mail. No further comment necessary.

JMO

The body of a Baltimore tech entrepreneur found beaten to death on Monday in her luxury apartment complex was discovered on the roof of the building, sources told DailyMail.com.
Body of Pava LaPere, 26, found on roof of her posh Baltimore apt

The body of tech CEO Pava LaPere was discovered on the roof of her swanky Baltimore apartment building after she was beaten to death
[snip]
She was reported to have been found dead inside her swanky Mount Vernon apartment, but sources close to the investigation told the Baltimore Banner that her badly beaten and partially clothed body was actually discovered on the building’s roof.
Slain Baltimore tech CEO Pava LaPere was found on her roof, suspect eyed in knifepoint sex attack days earlier: reports

Police found LaPere’s partially clothed body with signs of blunt-force trauma on the roof of her apartment building in the 300 block of West Franklin Street in the Mount Vernon neighborhood late Monday morning, according to sources with knowledge of the investigation. LaPere, 26, had been reported missing earlier that day.
Convicted sex offender wanted in killing of rising tech star Pava LaPere

Why the roof? Did he catch her by surprise somewhere inside the building and force her to the roof? Is there space for tenant use up there? How did this man access the building in the first place?

How horrible for her family.

BPD announces 1st Degree Murder warrant for 32 y/o Jason Billingsley in the killing of Pava LaPere. WATF & US Marshals are actively attempting to arrest him. Billingsley is armed & dangerous. Contact 911 if you come in contact with this individual. http://baltimorepolice.org/news/

Last updated: September 26, 2023, 3:20 PM

Billingsley was previously arrested in 2013, 2011 and 2009 for multiple charges to include sex offense, 2nd degree assault charges and robbery.

Attachments

• 1695835408073.png
    1695835408073.png
    510.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
The body of a Baltimore tech entrepreneur found beaten to death on Monday in her luxury apartment complex was discovered on the roof of the building, sources told DailyMail.com.
Body of Pava LaPere, 26, found on roof of her posh Baltimore apt

The body of tech CEO Pava LaPere was discovered on the roof of her swanky Baltimore apartment building after she was beaten to death
[snip]
She was reported to have been found dead inside her swanky Mount Vernon apartment, but sources close to the investigation told the Baltimore Banner that her badly beaten and partially clothed body was actually discovered on the building’s roof.
Slain Baltimore tech CEO Pava LaPere was found on her roof, suspect eyed in knifepoint sex attack days earlier: reports

Police found LaPere’s partially clothed body with signs of blunt-force trauma on the roof of her apartment building in the 300 block of West Franklin Street in the Mount Vernon neighborhood late Monday morning, according to sources with knowledge of the investigation. LaPere, 26, had been reported missing earlier that day.
Convicted sex offender wanted in killing of rising tech star Pava LaPere

Why the roof? Did he catch her by surprise somewhere inside the building and force her to the roof? Is there space for tenant use up there? How did this man access the building in the first place?

How horrible for her family.

Not sure how he accessed the building. Looking at it on maps there are two doors on top to access air conditioning units. No the buildings roof is not one where ppl have decks built on top. She could have been out on steps or coming home and he grabbed her at the door.

Jmo

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper